The Trade Rules Review Thread (READ THE RULES)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: The Trade Rules Review Thread (READ THE RULES)

Postby brooklyn baby » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:52 am

i love the way your trade rules are set up!! i tried doing them like that once but i messed it up.
      anyway, one thing i think could make your trade rules better is probably making the titles in the quotes a bit bigger. so in your first box with your basic rules the bold title and the bold rules are the same size so i think it would look better if you made the title size like 110 or something? not too big though! i love the good resources box and the advertising box a lot!!

another part which i think is great, is the pet dreamies and item dreamies boxes. its very convenient to whoever wants to trade with you. one part that i think you should add is probably the item/pet date and the name (probably a little bit smaller than size 100 so it doesn't take away from anything else) so it would be easier for the trader to see if they have that pet/item. but i do like how you put the picture in instead of the name!!
❝ — 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐭
════════ [・ ・] ════════

trade me

════════ [・ ・] ════════
. . . 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 — ❞
brooklyn baby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blathma;; » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:35 am

@sadgirhl

I absolutely love your trade rules, they're very short and to the point! However, I do recommend that you make the font a little larger as it's a little too difficult to read. (Then again, I may be biased as I need glasses to read either way.) Secondly, I think the pet dress-up is wonderful as it draws attention to what you deem as important must-reads. I hope you can take some of my advice and improve what little you need to in your center!

Whoever reviews me, would you mind including a picture of what my rules look like? I'd like to see a reader's point of view. Thank you, and have a nice day!
blathma;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:09 am

Very simple, I like it! I just see this image, centered.
    It's short and too the point and the text isn't too neon/in-your-face. I guess there isn't much to say other than that, nicely done c:
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

Hello! My name is gallifrey falls. I'm in
my 3rd year of college, so I might be sl
ow to respond to PMs or trades, sorry!
I love to write, though it has been mo
stly fanfiction so far. My fav things are
currently The Magnus Archives, Hazbin
Hotel, Gravity Falls, & Doctor Who.
PM me about anything, i love to chat!

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction
light's on, light's off - ©

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby baestille » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:43 pm

Hello!
First off, the most noticeable thing about your rules is that it looks like the coding has been either messed up somehow, or my computer is just stupid haha, this is what it looks like for me. boop It seems to me like you used the /right tool for the links and currently seeking boxes, my tip would to be remove the /right and leave it without a position tool, the other smaller quote boxes will just line up with the other quote box, which i assumed you used the /left tool with, I hope that makes sense haha.

I like your rules, they are very straight up and to the point. The only thing I would say is with the COPPA players, they cant leave a message, unless its with pets - which some coppas dont know about - or an automated one, which might turn some of them away from trading. I really love the little link box and the currently seeking box is cute too.

Overall your rules are good, it is just the coding that needs tweaking.
baestille

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KioloDovahkiin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:42 pm

@baestille:

I think your font size is a bit too small, and I find the text talk a bit irritating (but that might just be me).

I do like the fact that your rules are numbered and the important bits are in bold, it makes the reading easier, especially if you just want to skim for the important things.

"i know ur struggle" I would change to "i know you struggle" because COPPA users are often kids and might not understand what "ur" means, besides, COPPA users have pre-written messages they can choose from when sending a trade or suggestion.

I think you can just remove "trades that are not mostly dogs will get canceled" since it's clear enough that you prefer dogs over other species.

And rule 6. I think should just be simplified to "I am open to a "trade back" so long we both have the original pets."

I do think you should add a rule about item trades since while they are open for trading, it might be easier for people to understand what you are open to trading (eg: doubles only, not trading scenery items etc).

Other than that your rules are simple and the layout is quite appealing, I like that you have a separate quote for your dream pets, items and 'actively seeking'.

xxx

xxx

xx
x

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kiolo Bi-Poly They/Them

Trading Thread

bone weary,
and just tired.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxx
xxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxx

xxxxxxxx
Favourites
Tramp
Stardust
Loki
Malks
Lions
Me

xxxxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxx
xxxxx

KioloDovahkiin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby brooklyn baby » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:15 am

@THELONELYDWOBBIT

your trade rules are very nice! i love the dress up because when a person has a dressup or a pet at the top of their rules (for me at least) it makes me want to try to trade them and they seem nice/welcoming. plus, that dressup is cute.

i like how you put your main rules first and bold out the important ones. font size is perfect but on thing you might want to change is the text color. it doesn't really match with the dressup and one big thing for me is that it has to be matching. anyway, i think you should change it to a dark red/brown.

◼︎ color=#800000
      ◼︎ color=#804000
      maybe something like those colors?

anyways, i like the way you used items as dividers between your quotes because it doesn't look so crowded.

i also think its a good idea to put like a "just so you know" thing (not sure what to call it) and a goals box so people know what to do/what you need to achieve so they can help you!!! overall, i really like your trade rules.

---

for the one who is doing mine, could you put some thought into it? maybe like 4+ sentences? thank you!!!
❝ — 𝐛𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐭
════════ [・ ・] ════════

trade me

════════ [・ ・] ════════
. . . 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 — ❞
brooklyn baby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fjhhjjhgkkh » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:54 am

@sadgirhl
    Your trade rules are probably among some of the best I've seen; organised, easy to read and not too lengthy.
    First thing I noticed were how compact they are, which helps to keep people interested. Were they presented vertically instead, people may be tempted to skip through and not read all of it.
    The actual content is good too; gives potential traders a brief overview of some rules so they know what to expect when trading with you, and the item/pet hunts section is helpful too. It's good those parts are isolated form the main rules. I also liked the little title/pet on the right.

Overall, really good rules!
    only constructive criticism I'd really offer is to perhaps darken the font a bit, as it may not show up so well on some board styles.
fjhhjjhgkkh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:38 am

@kapajuchu,
    Your rules themselves look good and make sense, so that's good!
    I would recommend not bolding everything, though, just the important parts. Otherwise people might be more likely to skim and not read all of them. For example, make try something like this:
    guidelines;
    - One-sided suggestions will likely be canceled, unless it's a rare+ trade.
    - prefer quality over quantity
    - all of my not for trade pets are in locked groups, so everything that's unlocked is up for trade.
    - list for list
    - If I take some time to accept/cancel I'm probably just thinking about it, I'll try to respond within a couple days.
    (applies to rare+ trades)

You don't have to do this of course, just a thought. And I'd make your rules as a whole bigger so people don't have to squint at their screens to read. Anywhere from size 85-95 usually looks nice, from my experience, but bigger is totally fine too.

So yeah, I like the way you word them and don't sound too picky, I just suggested a few appearance changes you could make c:
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallifrey falls. » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:49 pm

bump ^^
█████
█████

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
carries morexxx
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
╒══════════╕
trade thread - auction

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕
╘══════════╛
gallifrey falls.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cuddlewuffle » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:06 pm

Nice rules! I love the coding and everything is very neat and easy to read! I feel like the bolder words are helpful too, escpecially is someone was just skimming. :3
check out my CS pet finder website!

http://whatpetdidiget.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you're not sure what your Dec. 18th pet is worth, DO NOT accept any trades for it until you've checked if it's fair in the thread below!!

December 18th: Is this a fair trade?
cuddlewuffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me