"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:39 am

@Lya I'm glad you did jump in, because what you said is very valid and something I've been thinking about. People are not taught to edit trades and make arrangements anymore. They're told on the FTT that by this current list or by some crazy demand the trade isn't fair, and so the trade is canceled.

@kee Yes there has been talk of having two lists so people can 'adjust' to the rarity only list, or see which one they like better. Personally, I think that would only cause more problems. Of course, people would like this list better, because hey! Their in-demand pet can get a non right now, even though it's nowhere worth that.

I think that we should just start in on the rarity list and go with that, honestly, without keeping this list up. I don't think keeping two lists would help people 'adjust' at all. ^^"

Though I also want to bring up that I'm in favor of removing store pets from this new rarity list and having them on a separate rarity list, though I'm not sure if that was shot down or not or if that was still being considered?

@grr I'm with DD here, I think you might be a bit confused on what we're meaning by rarity list? UR Lions won't be going for advents, they're rarer. Sorbet's won't be going for UR Tigers for the same reason.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imabox » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:57 am

@ElemntalInsanity I do think the idea of removing Store Pets in still being discussed I also believe there have been discussion about removing URs that have never gone under OMGSR. I think? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere before XD

Either way I'm all for still removing the Store Pets from the List. Not sure about removing the URs? Haven't put too much thought into the pros and cons of that one, but yeah I'm all for making a Rarity-Only List with the Store Pets in their own "group"
ImageImage
I've come up with a new recipe!

Imabox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lya » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:00 am

@ElementalInsanity

Store Pets would actually be needed to have their own place on the rarity list, because their rarity is so completely different from a normal pet's, especially since most of them have been VR since their release-date and there is no way to tell which one is rarer than another one (apart from the Raven and the Corgis).

In case of the Skelebun (and future upgoing store pets), it can be noted when it changed to OMG so Rare and that this means it is definitely rarer than this or that pet which is/was VR at that time and/or changed with/shortly before/after it, but that's only a fact for that very moment. A few months later, it will be worth more, because people who have it fall inactive (I'm pretty sure the number of active players is pretty solid/doesn't change much).
Lya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .zombie » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:02 am

ohh, i feel so dumb now aha ^^
thank you for clearing that up, ill try to pay more attention next time.
Tess || She/ Her || Teen

Hello! My name is Tess. I love zombies!! and everything about em!!
I like trading and gifting, so feel free to send a trade!

Trade with me!!
HQ Character Trade Thread!!
.zombie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:09 am

I love the idea of a rarity only list. My only question is, what about more pets not currently on the list that were VR when they were released? For example, the August lion PPS. I don't know if there are others, but that was the first one that came to my mind. We really don't have any way of knowing for sure how rare they are compared to other, older VR pets. It's generally assumed that older VR pets are more rare because there were fewer people around to adopt them but the fact is, we don't really know for sure.
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:12 am

musicgurl333 wrote:I love the idea of a rarity only list. My only question is, what about more pets not currently on the list that were VR when they were released? For example, the August lion PPS. I don't know if there are others, but that was the first one that came to my mind. We really don't have any way of knowing for sure how rare they are compared to other, older VR pets. It's generally assumed that older VR pets are more rare because there were fewer people around to adopt them but the fact is, we don't really know for sure.

We do know that for sure because admins have always stated that pets get released in the same volume as during their original release?

Anyways, there will always be pets that went very rare upon release that wont make it to the list because the list will, especially when its a rarity only list, only show the rarest pets of all. That means by defsult that several pets will just not make it, we cant add every single vr in the game.

The august pps is a case we can study but not something i want to discuss right now. We can always study pets that are brought up on a case by case basis and see if they need to be added, but right now im going agead and saying we need to focus on the pets that are currently on the list much rather then pets that arent.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby musicgurl333 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:46 am

DaDwarf wrote:
We do know that for sure because admins have always stated that pets get released in the same volume as during their original release?

I'm a bit confused by what you mean here. Just to clarify, I don't mean re-released pets. I'm talking about how rare pets are at their original release. Let's say there was a VR pet released this year. Due to the big gap between VR and OMGSR, how do we know where it falls, and how do we know it's not more rare than some of the older VR pets?

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to be difficult. I'm genuinely confused by this and I'm wondering how it can be addressed in the list. What if there was a separate section for pets that are very rare, but we're not sure how rare they are, or where they fit in the list?
musicgurl333

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 pm

musicgurl333 wrote:I hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to be difficult. I'm genuinely confused by this and I'm wondering how it can be addressed in the list. What if there was a separate section for pets that are very rare, but we're not sure how rare they are, or where they fit in the list?

I'm not sure if I'm right in saying this, but wouldn't this be very confusing? If we already have a separate list of sorts with store pets and possibly UR's as well, I think another list with random very rares would be genuinely confusing.
Not to mention, we can figure out most of the very rares that would need to be on the list. I would be wrong on this, but aside from store pets and some UR's I don't believe there are many pets that went straight to vet rare when they were released? I know there are some, the july and August pps lions being two, but I don't think there are too many. Wouldn't it make more sense to only focus on the pets that we can be certain are rare enough to be on the list?
(I also thought it was decided previously that the July and August lions, only as two examples of pets that went right to very rare, weren't rare enough to be on the list?)

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:35 pm

musicgurl333 wrote:I'm a bit confused by what you mean here. Just to clarify, I don't mean re-released pets. I'm talking about how rare pets are at their original release. Let's say there was a VR pet released this year. Due to the big gap between VR and OMGSR, how do we know where it falls, and how do we know it's not more rare than some of the older VR pets?

You have a point here. Unfortunately, we have no surefire indicator if the rarity tag doesn't go down to R or up to OMGSR; the best we can do is to gauge availability by seeing how often we find them up for trade. In the specific case of the August PPS lion, I think we saw an awful lot of them floating around, similar to how we saw a lot of that period's store pets floating around. Not sure if that was due to the lion's raw rarity or if it was the "they haven't yet found forever homes" effect or if it was the "they're popular, so lemme put mine UFT and see what offers I get" effect or a combination of those or what

@kee I thought the July lioness was rare at first?

Sidenote since I saw a mention of which store pets started out rare: at least one of the 2011 store gryphons was rare at first, too
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:48 pm

^ The July Lioness was rare for years before going VR.

So the general consensus seems to be turning the guide into a Rarity Guide. What's our next step? Is any help needed on that? I know someone mentioned they had already started on one before we got to this point.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me