Hoard Discussion Thread v.6 new poll!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you actively trade for hoards or just let trades come to you?

I trade super active and complete within a short time frame
12%
I trade semi active and complete after a while
39%
I let trades flow in and add hoard pets as fillers
45%
Other (comment? :) )
4%

Total votes : 1071

Re: Hoard Discussion Thread v.6

Postby Bilaz » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:15 am

Just wondering: am I the only one who feels more attached to hoards that they really like the name of? Because in the past I've ended up disbanding hoards that I just couldn't think of any name I liked for, then eventually I'd tire of the pet design and that would be that. However I really love "Это весна" so I think I'll be working on this one for many many pets still to come. :D XD
╔═════════{♥}═════════╗
And so all things, time will mend
So this song will end...

╚═════════{♥}═════════╝
x➤ My OC Erik, I love to write stories
x➤ Sasha - ISFJ - vegan - adult
x➤ Proud tea drinker and cat lover
x➤ Feel free to send me a message! ©

Image x Image x Image
Bilaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:09 am

My Vegas Lights hoard is coming along pretty nicely. I've started giving them lyrics to the song as names, but I think I did it a bit too early because I know when I get more ponies it's gonna mess up the order. XD Oh well.
Vegas Lights

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────
x
x
x
x
x
x
Sixx O'Clock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarcastic Hawke » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 am

Lunar Kitty wrote:Just wondering: am I the only one who feels more attached to hoards that they really like the name of? Because in the past I've ended up disbanding hoards that I just couldn't think of any name I liked for, then eventually I'd tire of the pet design and that would be that. However I really love "Это весна" so I think I'll be working on this one for many many pets still to come. :D XD

No, I feel this way too. The only hoards I disband are usually ones which don't have a name yet, so yes I feel less attached to them overall. Anything with a name is something I put thought into, and carefully selected which pet would fit that particular name and what particular number I would try to reach for it. My non-named hoards usually are just some generic number from 150-200 (100 or 50 if they're uncommon/rare respectively) and are often just waiting for that right name to pop up. So not as much thought or planning goes into them at all.

Have you ever been treated rudely or even messaged about your hoard / being 'greedy' ?

I have had people beg me for outcomes from my store pet hoards. I stop at 50 for each one, and I PAY FOR EVERY. SINGLE. SET. MYSELF. Out of my own pocket. With money that I earn through my job and should probably spend on more grown-up things like my mortgage or gas or heck, even rent! Which, needless to say, makes me say no because THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY TO INVEST IN THIS GAME. And then people get furious with me because "You're so selfish omg!!! You have so many, why can't you give me one?!"

Which is ridiculous because honestly, I often have an extra set or two lying around that they could easily trade for? But instead they want to complain about the 50 I'm keeping for myself? C'mon.

I've also people be very rude to me when they find out I'm trying to get their Brown Cookie advents for my hoard. I plan to stop at 20 of those, my smallest hoard EVER, because they're a list and I just don't have the patience/fodder to go higher. And the trade will start off pleasant, each of us working to make it fair to each other. But the SECOND the person figures out I hoard them, boom, cancelled with a rude message about greed/how rude/sneaky I'm being.

Like??? How am I any of those things? Plus I'm offering to pay you with pets YOU WANT in exchange for this. How is that any different from trading it to a collector? I either off-site traded for all the Cookies I had or overpayed to make my partner happy because I REALLY wanted another.

Other than that, every once in a while when I'm hoarding an uncommon monthly outcome someone will try to trade me for one and when I refuse get snippy because they think I'm keeping them just to "trade off later for more pets" and that I'm "lying about not having one by keeping it on my wishlist". Which is ridiculous because ANY time I'm hoarding anything I put that outcome under a giant HOARDING THIS label in the trade threads. The reaching done by these people to make hoarders the bad guys is ridiculous...

Sorry...just realized how ranty this sounds X_x If anything is too much please let me know and I'll edit it! I just didn't realize how much I had to vent about until I started typing.
Draw My OCs - Prizes Include:
UR Pastel Dog, UR Bee, UR PPS Dragon,
Marionette, UR Orange Tree, UR Malk, & more!
Sarcastic Hawke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mavryk Company » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:57 am

Have you ever been treated rudely or even messaged about your hoard / being 'greedy'?

I can only remember one time where someone was rude to me about hoards. And it wasn't even an active hoard. ^.^' I disbanded a unicorn hoard, and someone yelled at me and foed me for having so many and not taking underpay for them.

On the other side of the spectrum, almost everyone I've met is really understanding about my hoards! c: I've even had people go out of there way to help me out with my list hoards. Much more positivity than negativity when it comes to people learning about what pets I hoard and stuff, I love this community. :>

not gonna give an update this time around because I have so many active hoards now I don't even know where to start

Got a question for you guys!
Have you and another hoarder ever worked out a bulk trade for hoard pets?

I've had this happen to myself a couple times, and it's cool making progress and helping someone else make progress at the same time. ^o^
➸ adult
toyhouse
zendaru's twin
info:
[b/t/s charas]
av + tags | ➸ trades open
Mavryk Company

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:23 am

Have you and another hoarder ever worked out a bulk trade for hoard pets?
Ooh i am curious to what others have to say!

Long story short: yes.
Too short? Okay.

I have a huge cat hoard. Sometimes people pm me if i swap. Sure, i dont mind. Most who do offer a little more than what they ask for.
Like giving me 3 cats for my 2 cats.
They offer that, i never asked for overpay.

When i see someone post here who is struggling with a cat hoard i try to offer swaps.
And sometimes (rare times) a hoardter asks me for swaps.
I hoard an entire species. I dont mind swapping some. My hoard is so big that i have no idea how many of each outcome i have.
I have 1 outcome in my collection, my hoard are all doubles. I dont mind swapping to help collectors or other hoarders.

Doing mass trades without cats on my side are rare. Its just easier to offer a rare+ than 20-30 commons. Or more.
And with mass trades you have to count more. By offering quality it saves me a lot of time.
And often overpay for my trade partner :)

Speaking of... i unlocked my cat hoard. I have been thinking about it for a while. I have some older cats which preople might need. And i prefer 10 cats over 1.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autvmn » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:44 am

I know this is kinda a random question, but it is relating to hoarding, are there any horses on here with the Native American war paint symbols? Id love to hoard them but I feel like there isnt any xD but then again I may be going crazy cause I swore I saw some?
Image Image
↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕
♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥༺♥༻♥
𝑰❜𝒗𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒕❜𝒔 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒘𝒆𝒅.
↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕↕

Image Image
Autvmn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Musicality » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:48 am

Misha_Collins wrote:I know this is kinda a random question, but it is relating to hoarding, are there any horses on here with the Native American war paint symbols? Id love to hoard them but I feel like there isnt any xD but then again I may be going crazy cause I swore I saw some?

There's some painted ones in november of 09 but idk if they are really native american?
❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
I adore cats, musicals (esp. If/Then),
singing, and chatting it up with new people!

Hey everyone! I'm Musicality!
I used to be "The Succulent Queen". <3

❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊❃❊
Musicality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shinryu » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:15 pm

Misha_Collins wrote:I know this is kinda a random question, but it is relating to hoarding, are there any horses on here with the Native American war paint symbols? Id love to hoard them but I feel like there isnt any xD but then again I may be going crazy cause I swore I saw some?

Were you looking for these by any chance?
    That's the closest I can think of.

[ formerly ZEL ] [ they/he ] [ Germany ]      And what of you, my mirror?      [PCE] [FR]
                           currently mostly inactive
Shinryu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autvmn » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:21 pm

ZΕL wrote:

Were you looking for these by any chance?
    That's the closest I can think of.

Ooh yes these! thank you <3 these are going to be more difficult but itll be fun!
Image Image
𝑰❜𝒗𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒕❜𝒔 𝒐𝒌𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒘𝒆𝒅.

Image Image
Autvmn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sixx O'Clock » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:52 pm

So I finally got around to adding lyrics to my Kaleidoscope Eyes hoard.
Link if you're curious.
But now I have 23 that I no longer need. ^^"
If anyone else is hoarding these dogs, please feel free to send a trade suggestion over and I'll give you my extras.

x
x
x

───────────────
ImageImageImage
Sixx | she/they
Yesterday is History,
Tomorrow is a Mystery,
But Today is a gift,
That's why it's called
The Present

───────────────