๐Ÿ’— New OMGSRs discussion thread!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: ๐Ÿ’— New OMGSRs discussion thread!

Postby autoRegenesis » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:33 am

I'll admit I'm confused; did the threshold for OMGSR get moved lower or something? It had to have been, right? How else can there be so many new ones? I'm not mad about it (I have little to no strong feelings about this update other than mild annoyance at having to reorganize my folders, lol), just... very confused. If anything I thought this would result in there being less OMGSR as they were redesignated to Extremely Rare.

ETA: To remain on-topic--No OMGSR for me, but my Ornament PPS is an Extremely Rare so that's fun! :D
Sir Quacksly Quackington, Dapperest of Ducks

Avatar by rainbowpanda101, check them out!
autoRegenesis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArcticWaterDrake » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:46 am

This one was very surprising for me but cool to see nonetheless! It's the only one that changed for me, I think. I haven't had the chance to look through all my pets, but I looked through the oldest ones.

A few surprsing extremely rare's as well:
ImageImageImage

And perhaps most surprisingly, my only 2008 pet is actually less rare than all of these!
====Maria
=
=
=
=
=

Just remember, you are loved! <3
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
Manga reader - Artist - Fanfiction Reader
Jpop - Modern rock - Sewing - Private Pilot

โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”

Let's Trade! โžค Support your local pet shelter! โžค TH
โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”โ–”
notes:
She/her
Trade me cats and giraffes please!
English + Spanish (non-native)

โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•
I'm feeling lucky

ArcticWaterDrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keayi » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:52 am

Behold ๐“‚

I'm... blown away the raven dog is not OMGSR (While patchwork, marionette... every other store from that year are). Given how hard it is to trade for, and the fact I sold off my entire VR collection for it some years ago. But, I'm also only pretending to know what's going on ^U^
keayi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Loelya » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:03 am

keayi wrote:
Behold ๐“‚

I'm... blown away the raven dog is not OMGSR (While patchwork, marionette... every other store from that year are). Given how hard it is to trade for, and the fact I sold off my entire VR collection for it some years ago. But, I'm also only pretending to know what's going on ^U^

huge congrats on your dragon!! that's so incredibly cool

idk if this would surprise many people here - but it's actually been known for a long while that the "Raven" is not as rare as other store pets from the same year! we know it has very high demand in that it's a very popular pet, and that's likely what drove its value up so high. (even if there's more in "supply," the fact that the "demand" is so high still means there's less to go around.)

but if you look at things like the rarity change archive and the guide to CS rarities, we know from past CS history that the raven has always been one of the more common older store pets. but its still much rarer compared to current-year store pets just by virtue of being quite old at this point!
ImageImage
~ and here you are, continuing on,
despite how hard it's been ~

adult || she/shey/they
"Build-Your-Own" Editables
Loelya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby keayi » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:18 am

Loelya wrote:
keayi wrote:
Behold ๐“‚

huge congrats on your dragon!! that's so incredibly cool

idk if this would surprise many people here - but it's actually been known for a long while that the "Raven" is not as rare as other store pets from the same year! we know it has very high demand in that it's a very popular pet, and that's likely what drove its value up so high. (even if there's more in "supply," the fact that the "demand" is so high still means there's less to go around.)

but if you look at things like the rarity change archive and the guide to CS rarities, we know from past CS history that the raven has always been one of the more common older store pets. but its still much rarer compared to current-year store pets just by virtue of being quite old at this point!

Oh, this is news to me!! Thank you for informing me ^^ I wasn't on the site when it released, and it has always shared the same rarity as its sibling (the patchwork; at least til today)... It makes sense though!
keayi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pallastronomy » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:31 am

Ngl I didnโ€™t have my hopes up that I would wind up with an OMGSR post-update (And if I did I had a feeling it would probably be my Hollyfox instead) so seeing the tag on this guy was a jumpscare but a very pleasant one
Lucky pound catch got even luckier in hindsight it looks like
My TFO Lab โ˜… My Magistream Scroll โ˜… My Protochroma Profile

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageMeowdy!ImageImage
ImageImageYou can call me Azure, Celeste, Elijah, or Koshka, and Iโ€™m an artist, animator, writer, and government certified moron. Feel free to drop in and say hi! I don't bite!ImageImage

Signature decor by Martith, Crasty-For-Life, King-Lulu-Deer, mairu-doggy, stardust-palace, RenIrako, Drawn-Mario, and peachkonpeito on DeviantArt! Go check em' out!
Pallastronomy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kim24568 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:40 am

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I got 75 OMG so rare in my roups =D
I am really happy
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _7_ people.
I have received _2_ gifts.
kim24568

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rileypillow » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:27 am

Image ImageImage
Glad I decided not to trade off the zombie pony, I was a little disappointed at my catch on the 18th not knowing how close it was to being OMGSR!
rileypillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShorahNagi » Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:53 am

Paradigm (the RBM in my signature) is pleased he kept the OMGSR rank (and gets the rainbow bar to match)

Kind of surprised to see one of th4 Spiders changed to OMGSR after being VR for a long time
Last edited by ShorahNagi on Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet's name: Paradigm
ShorahNagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chaoticaura » Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:21 am

Satoru_ wrote:
TheMamba wrote:
dexter. wrote:Image
not a new omgsr, but the new color bar on the rbm is so satisfying

Omg I need

I just think the OMGSRs don't feel that special anymore... there are just so many now. I don't know how to feel about this.

same...like....how are new players supposed to get the old pets now?

Personally I think the whole โ€œlistโ€ needs a bit of an overhaul now - or maybe it should just be retired in general. I feel like with all the new OMGSRs they should be easier to obtain, rather than harder to obtain because thereโ€™s heaps more in circulation! This is my third year on the site and I remember that getting higher value pets felt so impossible at the start, and the list could be overwhelming and hard to understand at first which just make everything feel so out of reach as a newbie! Iโ€™m lucky in the sense that I can draw and got a bunch of higher value pets from taking commissions, and that I got lucky with the December 18 event. The labels feel like theyโ€™re a lot more accurate now and could easily be traded based on rarity, rather than other underlying โ€œworth system. Also, because of the new rarities, I feel like itโ€™s easier to do trade ups (for example, 2 ER pets for 1 OMGSR, or 2 EU pets for 1 rare) since we know that those pets are in fact similar in rarity, which would also make it easier for newbies to obtain old/rare pets.

Idk, just some thoughts I had!
โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒ
โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€ โ€Ž โ€Ž ๐•พ๐–” ๐–œ๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐–Ž๐–‹ ๐•ดโ€™๐–’ ๐–ˆ๐–—๐–†๐–Ÿ๐–ž,

โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€ โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€ โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ธ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ โ™ก
โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Žโ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Žโ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž๊’ท๊’ฆ๏ธถ ๏ธถ โ€Ž๏ธถ๊’ฆ๊’ทโ™ก๊’ท๊’ฆ๏ธถ ๏ธถ ๏ธถ๊’ฆ๊’ท

โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Žโ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ™ก aura | she/her | artist โ™ก โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€โ€โ€Ž โ€Ž

โ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒโ–ƒ
chaoticaura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me