*DISCONTINUED* Rares List Guide (1 March 2019)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

What would you personally like to see done with the Rares List?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:15 am

1. Maintain - keep the Rares List the same but update pet values.
11%
2. Restructure - vote on ways to majorly update, restructure or rebuild the Rares List.
40%
3. Retire - discontinue the list and stop updating it.
44%
4. Undecided - don't know but show me the poll results
4%

Total votes : 1731

Re: "The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Postby skypoppy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:28 am

My Arabs have been going for tier 7s + each? Is this demand, or is the value getting higher as more re-releases happen?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hey! i'm sky!
i like music and animals
i have a lot of nostalgia for this site
so i hop on occasionally
always open to trades, my pets
are kinda rotting
she/her

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

skypoppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:29 am

SkyPoppy wrote:My Arabs have been going for tier 7s + each? Is this demand, or is the value getting higher as more re-releases happen?

Demand. Store pets do increase in value with each rerelease, but not that fast!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chiamia » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:11 pm

hi, if youre looking for data regarding UR zonkey placement, these are two trades I completed-
xx
xx

chia - 𝙨𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙚𝙧
☆ adult player
th | | art shop | token shop
chiamia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spearow » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:32 am

This what I trade for the UR Peas:
xXx
For when y’all want to look at trades w/ the new URs. ^^
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
▌▓
xx
xxxImage
xx
xxx
❥ Trade me?
xxstatus: tired
x x
xxtradesisolistoAuction
xx➵ Looking for wishlist!
Spearow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:44 am

Is it safe to ask if any new modifications have been made yet? Not to the rarity-only list, I know that's still in the works, but to the list we have now? Anything been moved yet like the Skelebun or added in? Anything need doing?
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:01 am

myth + destiny wrote:Is it safe to ask if any new modifications have been made yet? Not to the rarity-only list, I know that's still in the works, but to the list we have now? Anything been moved yet like the Skelebun or added in? Anything need doing?

Rigjt now, discussion for the ur peach, zonkey and cinnabun have started. Thats the focus, i think.

Nothing gets edited on a whim. Discussion on new aditions or moves usually takes weeks before a move happens.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth; » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:08 am

DaDwarf wrote:Rigjt now, discussion for the ur peach, zonkey and cinnabun have started. Thats the focus, i think.

Nothing gets edited on a whim. Discussion on new aditions or moves usually takes weeks before a move happens.

I understand.

I traded a GWJ and a UR Foal for a cinnabun, and then traded that cinnabun for a UR malk, here. I hope that helps. c:
I've quit chicken smoothie.

I might log in every now and then but don't expect me to.

Need me? Find me on Discord: myth--and--destiny#1901

sticks and stones may break our bones...
... But words can be fatal.
Be mindful of the feelings of others and treat them how you want to be treated.
myth;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kotak » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:24 pm

Im not sure whether this is the right place to ask but I cant find a specific thread on it:
What are the lowest in rarity September lists? How many tier 1 advent lists equal a low september list?

Also:
If I have 2 tier 5 advent lists combined together, what tier pet can I fetch?
ImageImage

𖥔 ⋆.ೃ࿔.𖥔 hey, i'm kat 𖥔 ⋆.ೃ࿔.𖥔

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
⋆౨ৎ𖥔⟡˖ have a lovely day! ౨ৎ⟡˖𖥔
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

kotak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marmoris » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:21 am

Apple of Awesomeness wrote:While I like the idea of a list based purely off rarity, I do think a list that takes into account demand would be nice too, though somewhat hard to keep track of.

As others have said, I think people will overpay for store pets especially no matter what, and while adding a list based purely off rarity would maybe help curb some of this, it would also be a lot less helpful and likely lead to new players trading Black Advents off for other advent dogs, even though people will pay way more for them. Not having the list take into account demand is just gonna make demand more fluid and hard to gauge, because whether you write it down or not, certain pets are gonna demand certain values.

I’m pretty sure by rarity the black advent is supposed to be an advent, no?
If I’m not mistaken, it’s on the September list because of demand.. the whole point of redoing the list (correct me if I’m wrong here) is to make people see the true rarity of pets. Which would mean giving pets the placement they should have had rather than higher / lower than their value because of demand.

If I’ll be honest, even if a rarity list is put into place, people will still use demand. There will never be no demand and I am beginning to feel like a new list is wasted energy.

I really hope they place the peach and last years URs instead of waiting on a new list. It’s making trading insanely hard. At least for me.
i am consistently inactive, i come and go as i please for monthly adopts and events. i rarely respond to trades unless im looking for something.
marmoris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jiloon » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:21 am

R e d p a n d a wrote:
Apple of Awesomeness wrote:While I like the idea of a list based purely off rarity, I do think a list that takes into account demand would be nice too, though somewhat hard to keep track of.

As others have said, I think people will overpay for store pets especially no matter what, and while adding a list based purely off rarity would maybe help curb some of this, it would also be a lot less helpful and likely lead to new players trading Black Advents off for other advent dogs, even though people will pay way more for them. Not having the list take into account demand is just gonna make demand more fluid and hard to gauge, because whether you write it down or not, certain pets are gonna demand certain values.

I’m pretty sure by rarity the black advent is supposed to be an advent, no?
If I’m not mistaken, it’s on the September list because of demand.. the whole point of redoing the list (correct me if I’m wrong here) is to make people see the true rarity of pets. Which would mean giving pets the placement they should have had rather than higher / lower than their value because of demand.

If I’ll be honest, even if a rarity list is put into place, people will still use demand. There will never be no demand and I am beginning to feel like a new list is wasted energy.

I really hope they place the peach and last years URs instead of waiting on a new list. It’s making trading insanely hard. At least for me.

I have to agree with R e d p a n d a here. The BA is fairly common, even with the multiple hoarders and individuals locked away. They're released in great quantity every Dec 18.- as are many other List pets. I'm not sure that the rarity list will even be that accurate, with more and more rereleases making certain pets more common, and others less common. By the rarity-only list, the store List pets will easily become the rarest, and impossible to pay for or get.

I'm wondering if it would be better to have a very rough rarity-only List, if any, and not just stick mainly to the original Rares List?

Edit;
I wanted to add this trade to the discussion about the UR Zonkeys. I traded the two I had up for trade off a few days ago for this great trade which I accepted very quickly. The user hoards them a bit and was probably willing to pay "top dollar", but I still think this backs up the idea that they're going for/worth at least 2 Nons.
: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . :

. : .

. : .

: . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :