For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby Sorren Fey » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:05 am

Aww, adopting one pet at a time... xD To adopt multiples you had to click as many times as possible on the adopt button before the page changed. lol
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solfeggio » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:35 am

Sorren Fey wrote:Aww, adopting one pet at a time... xD To adopt multiples you had to click as many times as possible on the adopt button before the page changed. lol

And how terribly slow the adoption page would load especially if everyone was trying to adopt them all the same time! :lol:

It would be like...loading hell the first day new pets were released 8D

Oh oh! And Tess was the only one coloring the adoptables, and I remember how whiny we'd all get when a new month would roll around and we wouldn't see new ones up XDD sorry tess
when first i appear i seem mysterious
but when explained i'm nothing serious

{ characters · art shop }
Solfeggio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:38 am

Mhm, and the Pound was a thread where you had to post and Tess gave out the pets manually. Poor Tess. x3
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:02 am

Wow, from the July 2008 forum:

"In total there are 6 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 18 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:24 pm"

The only time that there are fewer than 200 people online now is when I take the server down for maintenance :lol:
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jeweled » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:55 am

I remember the "How Rare is This Pet" thread and adopting pets one at a time. Oh, the horror. xD;
Jeweled

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A-train » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:21 am

I remember that when I adopted my first few pets, I thought the toxics were ugly. :D

I also remember, during my hiatus from Chicken Smoothie during '09, that I wanted to go on for the Anniversary. But I couldn't remember exactly when it was, and I couldn't even bring myself to go on during the few days that it was on.

I am also one of the first 1000 members! :D
Feeling a bit down? Want a free pet? You may pick one pet from this group here :>)

Howling ghosts they reappear
In mountains that are stacked with fear
But you're a king and I'm a lionheart

And in the sea that's painted black,
Creatures lurk below the deck
But you're the king and I'm a lionheart
A-train

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinoBroccoli » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:39 am

~Amberleaf~ wrote:I remember that when I adopted my first few pets, I thought the toxics were ugly. :D

I also remember, during my hiatus from Chicken Smoothie during '09, that I wanted to go on for the Anniversary. But I couldn't remember exactly when it was, and I couldn't even bring myself to go on during the few days that it was on.

I am also one of the first 1000 members! :D

Cool!

Everybody on this thread pretty much covered everything, but I remember the old layout. It was actually very pretty, except the links on the side were very boring links, and not buttons on a signpost. :D I remember the archive in the old days, a little less tricked out then the newest one.

Plus, I remember when my art sucked because I didn't have a tablet. I think a lot of people on CS get tablets sooner or later. XD

charactersdatumblrask.fm

on hiatus
albinoBroccoli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RarityClarity » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:57 am

When I joined, there were less than 10000 users! The old trading system was so confusing, but I do miss the old layout. :]
RarityClarity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placid » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:09 am

Wow I don't remember much of the old CS but I do remember when the july brown dogs were first released. I thought they were so cute looking so I adopted one, didn't know they had more than one outcome. ^.^
It was fun and less stressful back then, full of surprises too.
People here were and still are nice and friendly (I don't socialize on forums like others did and do) I was mostly here just to get pets and have some fun.

I also remember getting and giving away pets for free just because we could. :lol: 0.0
Placid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saikiyo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:26 am

I joined in late (late) January, so what if remember was
-adopting pets one at a time, took foreEVER
-I remember the old layout, where the signs are now there were, forum, archives, fan art, and adopt
- i remember before the adoptable page where there was a link the everything and you’d have to click lists on the side (where the signs are now) that said dogs, horse, rats, 2nd gen, butterfly wolves warier cats and later said malk’s
-I remember when malk joined
-I remember the old horses, cats, 2nd gens, and butterfly wolves that never change
- I remember butterfly wolves having one outcome
-I remember the old layout, the main page was beige and had a large banner of Avolin with a tail that looked like one of a butterfly wolf, the forums had the same banner but it was just Avolin’s head saying forums
- I remember the old archives, that was beige too, you’d click on links like “May 08’ rats” and it’d show you all of May’s rats, you couldn’t see all of the pets that month, just one species and one month (or all the pets for an event) you could click on final outcomes of pets and go the that pet (it was a pet a staff member owned) and the archives bar on the side (that had all the links) would follow you everywhere, you have to go straight to chickensmoothie.com, refreshing wouldn’t work
- I remember malks old pets, if you look in the archives, you can still see a couple
- I remember when equimagine made her fist growable horse
- I remember equimagine’s old horses and ponies
-I remember before the rarities of pets were posted on the pet, I got scammed a lot back then
-I remember before oekaki
- Nick used to be thenickdude
- I remember the old pound system, displaying all the pets in the pound
- I remember before the Newbie Helpers, Oekaki Moderators, Roleplay Moderators and when there was International Forum Moderators
- I remember before you could trade items
That’s all I can remember
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me