Ask the Staff!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Ask the Staff!

Postby lying beast. » Fri May 30, 2014 11:02 am

To: Everyone/anybody
What animal did you most want when you where little and do you have it? c:
'Vois sur ton chemin
Gamins oubliés égarés
Donne leur la main
Pour les mener
Vers d'autres lendemains'

was A. Ham
lying beast.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby | Aloy | » Fri May 30, 2014 11:07 am

Beatus wrote:
      To: Everyone

Do you have any real life pets? If so, please tell us their names and show us what they look like! ;3

I have my dog, Kandi. She's a 10 year old border collie and I love her to bits <3

Rockylin wrote:To everyone: What events, updates or other things do you remember that you have enjoyed most or been most excited about on CS through the years when they were introduced, and why?

(Me myself for example, have loved when a new (recurring) species have been introduced! And when the horse art were going to change recently, honestly, have been waiting for that since yulynh's lineart came around. I also appreciated when the wishlist were introduced, made CS-life so much easier.)

Oh goodness, I don't know ;A; I've been here since 2009. I guess the biggest change that really was awesome was either the introduction of the wishlist system or the item archive. Both were really big steps forward for the site.

pastel. wrote:
To: any/everybody;
When you first became a mod,
did you feel like you were
treated with more respect?

four ;;

Not really, but I also started as a temporary moderator back when the staff went to Anthrocon a few years (?!) ago. So it was a slow shift from normal user to GH to temp mod to mod. I also always interacted with respectful users before hand anyway, so it didn't really change.

candypatch wrote:to : any one who disisgned a pet

what was it like when you got to make your first litter

It was really cool ^_^ I wasn't sure that the squirrel edits on the rats would be okay to be released since they were fairly heavy edits and I know I'm not necessarily the best with edits. The reactions to them were awesome though <3

Sky Kimimota wrote:To anyone: What is your favorite species to create adoptables for? (Sorry, not sure on the best way to word this DX)

If you haven't ever been a CS artist, what species do you like the most?

Rats. Hands down. I find them easiest to work with and design on because they don't have such a large blank canvas to fill.

♥rabbit4ever1♥ wrote:To: Everyone/anybody

I wanted a horse like most little girls. I never got one for fairly obvious reasons haha. Space, time, money, and my age were all very limited.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shadowflight13 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:44 pm

To Everyone:

Do you feel like before this thread was made you were approachable? Honestly, I've always kind of viewed the staff as untouchable gods/goddesses(still do, heh heh). Do you guys still view yourselves as regular users, and try to interact with everyone that way, or would you rather just interact with the other staff and your close friends, and not be bothered by everyone else?

Disclaimer: I am not calling you guys uppish or anything, just curious. c:
only here to post art and run. best way to reach me is discord (Shadowflight13#6850)

I take art commissions for USD. message me on discord if interested! <3

join me playing dappervolk :3c
Shadowflight13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Fri May 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Shadowflight13 wrote:To Everyone:

Do you feel like before this thread was made you were approachable? Honestly, I've always kind of viewed the staff as untouchable gods/goddesses(still do, heh heh). Do you guys still view yourselves as regular users, and try to interact with everyone that way, or would you rather just interact with the other staff and your close friends, and not be bothered by everyone else?

I tried to be approachable, and feel like I was most of the time, but I have had people(even ones that I've known for a long time) say that after I've PM'd them randomly they were initially worried before they opened the message that they'd gotten in trouble
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QUITTING - » Fri May 30, 2014 12:58 pm

To everyone:
Did you guys get to pick the color for your name? If so, why did you pick that color?
I have decided to stop collecting pets for myself! I will only keep a couple, ones that I really want. Keep that in mind while trading with me!

QUITTING -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheCalicoTabby » Fri May 30, 2014 1:20 pm

I was excited...and terrified. I'd always wanted to make my own pets, but when I finally got the chance I was so worried I wouldn't get it right!

Sky Kimimota wrote:To anyone: What is your favorite species to create adoptables for? (Sorry, not sure on the best way to word this DX)

I like cats best, though I've always had a soft spot for PPS dogs. Especially bobtails.

I grew up with cats, and that's all I've really wanted. I did go through a bit of a hamster phase--and I did get one named Sandy eventually. She was nice, but I'd have to say after owning both I'm more of a cat person.

I can be a bit hard to get to know (I say as I answer a ton of questions about myself), but that doesn't have anything to do with my being staff. I treat staff and regular users the same, and when it comes to non-moderating matters I'd like people to see me as just another user.
I can't deny there are plenty of people who do see us as unapproachable, though. Which is one reason I think this thread was a good idea. C:
TheCalicoTabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Fri May 30, 2014 2:35 pm

I'll do some of these - I'm not on the front list because I'll probably almost never remember to check this, but I might still drop in from time to time. ^^
Fire. wrote:To: Anyone

When you first started, what pet did you want the most? c;

The Bernese Mountain Dog, because I had two of my own at the time. As soon as I saw that CS had a BMD, I wanted to get a pair of them, one for each of my dogs. Of course, at the time I had no idea how much rarer they were than the current pets I had to trade with. X3 Through my art shop I was able to eventually reach my goal though. ^^

Rockylin wrote:To everyone: What events, updates or other things do you remember that you have enjoyed most or been most excited about on CS through the years when they were introduced, and why?

(Me myself for example, have loved when a new (recurring) species have been introduced! And when the horse art were going to change recently, honestly, have been waiting for that since yulynh's lineart came around. I also appreciated when the wishlist were introduced, made CS-life so much easier.)

Probably the Summer Event is my favourite thing to have been introduced since I joined. It's so much fun planning it and making stuff for it, and it lets us branch out into new themes that we haven't had cause to use before, come up with storylines, research different things for ideas for pets or items, and then enjoy the results of our work in the event itself and seeing everyone's reactions to it. ^^ It was also the first event I made items for, which gives it a special place in my heart. The Item Wishlist was a big one, too.

pastel. wrote:
To: any/everybody;
When you first became a mod,
did you feel like you were
treated with more respect?

four ;;

*shrug* Not really, but I never had much trouble with anyone being disrespectful before that, either.

I wouldn't say people were necessarily more respectful once I became a mod, but some were definitely afraid of the green name. I get a lot of PMs asking for help that start with something like "I'm so sorry to bother you - please don't ban me!" I get a lot more random PMs now from people wanting to chat or asking to 'friend' me, and I think there are more 'please's and 'thank you's in posts/PMs directed at me now than there used to be. That's actually been increasing over time, too - I think it's because there aren't many people around anymore who knew me well before I was a mod, so that familiarity that carried over from when I was a regular member has faded away.

Beatus wrote:To: Everyone

Do you have any real life pets? If so, please tell us their names and show us what they look like! ;3

I currently own two pets, though neither of them live with me, unfortunately. :C

Bee the Berner (aka 'That Creature'):
Park 2012.JPG
Park 2012.JPG (607.36 KiB) Viewed 337 times

and Charlotte the mouse. I haven't got any recent photos available for her though:
Baby Charzi.jpg
Baby Charzi.jpg (276.42 KiB) Viewed 337 times

Terrifying - when I saw they'd been released, I literally couldn't go in the discussion thread for two days, and every time one of them grew to the next stage I'd be like "NOPE NOPE NOPE" and flee the discussion thread again because I was so worried about how people would respond to them. X3 The second litter was much easier though, and now I'm generally more excited than nervous when I see pets of mine released. ^^

CHICKENS! Don't know why, but I love working with the chicken lines, especially doing edits.

As for the species I like the most, I like dogs and the kittens best. Kitten lines are the most fun for making items on, too, and whenever I make clothing items I try to make them fit dogs, puppies, cats and kittens at a minimum.

When I was little, what I wanted most was a cat - to this day, I have never owned one. I also wanted a dog, a guinea pig and a horse at various times, and I have owned all of those at one point or another. :3

Let's put it this way: I was probably about as approachable as I ever have been. X3 I've never been a chatty person - if I'm spending time talking I want it to be worth that time (especially now that my free time is very limited), so I try to avoid getting into conversations like "Hey." "Hey." "Whatcha doin'?" "Nothin'" "OK" "How about you?" "Nothin'". If someone has a question, request or some other real topic of conversation, I'm happy to talk with them (often at great length - I write novels of PMs sometimes), but random chatting just isn't for me. I'm friendly, just not very sociable. ^^'

In terms of interactions, I have far more communication with regular members than with the other staff - part of that is through modding, like sending PMs about rule-breaking swaps thread posts or posting in threads to let someone know about a particular rule, and a lot is through the Help forum, as I try to answer any open questions I can while I'm in there. Before I was a mod I spent much of my time answering questions in the Help forum anyway, so that's no real change from before, and it lets people see that they can ask me about stuff or talk to me without worrying that I'll bite them or something. X3

My main view of my role is that I'm here to help, whether it's by enforcing the rules, helping to explain something, fixing up threads, giving advice or comfort, and so on. Once they've 'met' me, most people quickly get over the intimidation factor of the green name, even people I've given warnings to, and are comfortable asking me for help or advice. ^^
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A Random Moustache » Fri May 30, 2014 2:50 pm

To anyone:
What was your first reaction when you found out that you were accepted as part of the team?
FR wrote:
A Random Moustache

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jadeghost » Fri May 30, 2014 3:02 pm

A Random Moustache wrote:To anyone:
What was your first reaction when you found out that you were accepted as part of the team?

Shock. Feeling that I wasn't worthy to be picked for such a position. Scared that I was going to do something wrong or make a terrible mistake. And I have made plenty of mistakes! But I've always tried to do my best and help out wherever and however I can, and I would say I've done a pretty good job so far.
Jadeghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby phayraoh » Fri May 30, 2014 5:21 pm

To anyone:
What's it like being able to get your own unique pet made just for you?
feral and forsaken
phayraoh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me