Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 ♡ Poll Finally Updated!

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:52 am

spooky; wrote:
That's really sweet honestly. <3
Just my anxiety and depression gets heightened by this game. I can't ever seem to get anything together to trade and everything usually gets canceled unless I'm buying it with FR. That gets so old so fast. Ugh.

Ive totally felt that before. The trading aspect of this game can get so frustrating, especially when you’re trying to work on a collection.
It is completely ok to take a break, I’ve taken several. Last year for about six months I only came on to adopt monthlies, not even swap. In 2o14 I took the entire year off because I got so frustrated.
I just really hope you don’t completely quit, because with time and patience some things can work out. <3

@Klain it’s totally not a race lol! Any accomplishment, no matter how ‘small’ is totally awesome to see when it’s posted on this thread. I love seeing other people get happy over different accomplishments in their collections.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tucawt » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:45 am

Guys... I did it.
I have finally managed to complete my lion collection!

I would have to say that demand was the hardest aspect of completing my collection. The August PPS and May Lioness were such a hassle, as well as the store pets (even more than the UR Lion). It's crazy how much importance people place on demand, when I first started playing there was never that much importance on how much people wanted a pet, and back then the rares list was the go-to on what to offer for pets. Now you have store pets going for nons- its crazy!

Buuuuut, after a lot of struggling I have finally managed to finish. Now I have no clue what to collect next, but knowing me, it'll probably be just as hard as this lion collection :lol:
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
🎀

tucawt / she-her

hi everyone!
I've been on CS
for a while, but always
looking for new friends!

always open for trades

always open for art trades

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
tucawt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:37 pm

@ spooky; : Oh I wish you wouldn't leave! I can understand the need to take a break though... I just returned after a long hiatus,
so I certainly can't judge. But I hope you can find some joy in this site again one day. If there is anything I can do let me know <3

@ tucawt : Congrats on the Lions! From what I've heard, that's a painful collection to complete nowadays with intense, unnecessary demand for certain pets. Out of curiosity, how hard is it to trade for the Fairy PPS? I noticed that I missed that outcome during my hiatus.

Links wrote:Wishlist
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

Currently Seeking wrote:Image
"The Stars in the Sky"
Goal: 11/20

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Isotherapy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:41 pm

What is/are your goals on CS?
I am currently working to get every sitting cat
How close are you to completion?
I need somewhere between 60-70
How long have you worked on this goal?
I don't remember
Female • Gay • Artist
Isotherapy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:02 pm

my yellow pet collection is going along nicely c: its hard to decipher between yellow and orange sometimes on certain pets, and i realized im collecting duplicates. but thats ok, as long as theyre yellow im good to go!
    모든 data를 모아 mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en ᓚᘏᗢ
    like du du du du du! 🍊

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:05 pm

Two more additions to my collection! I don’t know if I had posted the August PPS yet or not, that one was a bugger to get.

The peach I just worked out a C$ trade today. It’s been a dreamie of mine since it came out. <3
So that makes 27 left.
My next goal is the white malk dragon, UR Bengal, and then the UR Holly dog. Then I’ll have all the dragons and have a complete collection of those. Then with the Bengal and Holly dog I will hope to be down to one page of pets left that I need, aside from hoards.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deerless » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:28 pm

tucawt wrote:
Guys... I did it.
I have finally managed to complete my lion collection!

I would have to say that demand was the hardest aspect of completing my collection. The August PPS and May Lioness were such a hassle, as well as the store pets (even more than the UR Lion). It's crazy how much importance people place on demand, when I first started playing there was never that much importance on how much people wanted a pet, and back then the rares list was the go-to on what to offer for pets. Now you have store pets going for nons- its crazy!

Buuuuut, after a lot of struggling I have finally managed to finish. Now I have no clue what to collect next, but knowing me, it'll probably be just as hard as this lion collection :lol:

Hi, I'm Deerless and I am a hoarder of Deer and Dwarf Hamsters
You are always welcome to send me trades including any of those two! I love to trade! <3
I have a complete deer collection!

My Collection & Hoards Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------Current Hoard Goal
------------Reach 2.500 deer in my hoard
---------------------2370 / 2500
------------------- 391 deer to go!
--------------------
--------------------
-----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Deerless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:17 pm

I'm so impressed with your collections!! Meanwhile my big collections are so dead that I'm just gonna sit here and collect pet pairs that I like while I wait for the 987 items I'm missing to magically show up at my door
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kinda wanna try to get a pink mini husky to pair with my grey one
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aaron✦ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:32 am

@tucawt Congratulations!! Those lions are absolute hell to get, it's really impressive that you've managed it. I totally feel you on the list thing, too. I can't wait for that whole situation to be sorted out x.x
    @ElementalInsanity Oh wow, nice job on those guys too!! You're getting so close now!
    @Vixey All those pairs look so nice next to each other *o* I love the balloons especially together. The galaxies are dreamies of mine too. So many good old pets ;;

I'm having a bit of a collection dilemma myself at the moment - I really want to reorganise my collection into species groups rather than what I have at the moment, which are groups for each month. I love to see all the pets of the same lineart next to each other, and if I did it I'd have one group for each stage of a pet per year (i.e. 2008 PPS dogs and dogs, 2009 PPS dogs and dogs etc.) and for less common linearts I'd just not split them up by year. My problem, though, is that a lot of my pets are rereleases, so for the smaller groups I'll end up with really old pets right at the start of the group - like my UR cat - and even for older ones I'll have 2008 Julies at the start of the group, which is going to make pets hard to find when I want to look at them x.x
    I could try and swap everything for truedates, but... that would take a huge amount of time, and at the moment I'd rather concentrate my energy on actually getting the last pets I need in the first place.
    Does anyone who sorts like this have any advice for this problem? I see that that organisation system is more similar to your guys' ones in general :0

x
x

[
x
x

1 pet to go!icon
need help?guidesfor newbies

he/xey - no they/them
Image Image Image

x
x

]
Aaron✦
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kee; » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:41 am

I do mine by year and species. I have a bit of ocd too so I really hate rereleases since they mess up the positions of the pets, like you said. It also really bothers me when there’s more than one litter of a species in the same month and then those get all messed up and aren’t next too one another.
    So, I try to swap as many as I can for true dates, which I’ve done pretty well at so far, and just don’t look through my groups all that much since it would bother me.
    I’m sure his isn’t really the answer you wanted, but this is what I do since I like the origanizational strategy I chose.

-kee
𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐀𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍.
leo | she/her | athlete
american | vegetarian
𝐘𝐎𝐔.─────
song of the week:
with every wish by bruce springsteen
kee;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery