Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 ♡ Poll Finally Updated!

Postby Deerless » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:57 pm

My collection isn't that large so I doubt I can help by saying how I sort, as I only really sorted out my deer & hamsters mosty.

I tend to use symbols to define their place, and then number the groups according to how I want them to show up. I have a section where I sort my deer collections and hoards, one where I sort my dwarf hamster hoards and one where I sort my other hoards.

All other groups are under misc, to be honest.
Hi, I'm Deerless and I am a hoarder of Deer and Dwarf Hamsters
You are always welcome to send me trades including any of those two! I love to trade! <3
I have a complete deer collection!

My Collection & Hoards Thread

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------Current Hoard Goal
------------Reach 2.500 deer in my hoard
---------------------2370 / 2500
------------------- 391 deer to go!
--------------------
--------------------
-----------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Deerless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:19 pm

I sort mostly by species, but some bigger groups, like dogs, cats, horses and butterfly wolves I sort into year groups, so sometimes it's 'Cats 2008-2010' for example because I don't have enough. I don't like tiny groups. XD
Thank also why I have a group for 'others' where I put the species I don't have a lot of, for example spiders.
My hoards are at the bottom.
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:28 pm

What kind of sorting system do you use for you collection(s)?
I sort my species and year, unless I feel like a species is too small, in which case it has just one group. Pretty much any pets you can adopt monthly have a group per year, as well as bunnies and deer since we get a fair few of those each year. All the species' that just have one group follow on after them all C:

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:51 am

so, i almost never have two collections running at the same time unless i've nearly finished
one, just so i can keep my wish list small and i can keep focussed. that plan has failed me
now aha! i've still got about 10 guinea pigs to go, all of the tess rares ones, and about 7 list
bunnies left to find - including the joker bun, cry! and now i've gone and started collecting
the monkeys and the chameleons. i'm putting them in two different species collections even
though they're the same lineart and i am not looking forward to the rare chameleons ;;

not sure if i can answer this as i only have small collections, but i generally have two sections
for collection groups, those that are 'small' such as a type of pet, e.g. zodiac dogs, warriors,
new year dogs etc and i only have about 5 or 6 of those at the moment? basically this \/

as for my species collections, it gets a little confusing when you first look at it. i have them
listed in the order i started them, so pps lions were my first and guinea pigs are my latest.
when it comes to the actual species, they're split in to their linearts, so pps first then adult etc.
if the species has more variations they are ordered in growth, so if you looked at eastern dragons
they have four groups, one for epps, pps, 'teenage' then adult - with the first group in the list
being the pps one and the last being the full grown massive ones aha c:

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tilkka » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:57 am

I'm sorting pets by species and lineart. My adult dogs are also divided by year, while all the PPS and EPPS dogs have their own collections. Here is small sample picture taken from 2 weeks ago :)

As you can see: I have horses and horses with the Rainbow Mane horse (RBM) lines in different collections. Same with the pony E/PPS lines (why do we have 4 of them??). For some reason I like having 2nd/3rd gen pets in their own collections ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My favorite thing I did, is probably sorting butterfly wolves into default wings and special wings (wing edits and wingless designs). I consider the wings of the first BW as the default wings and if the shape is edited even the slightest - it goes into special wings. Like in the second BW.

Image Image

I wanted to make 3 collections for BWs. 1) Default wings  2) Special wings  3) Wingless designs
    But I had trouble sorting out the wingless designs. Like are these really wings? Can they fly with it/them? Do they belong into the special or wingless collection? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Image Image Image Image Image
QUITTING
Trading everything i own for Flight Rising currency/stuff.
Have a lot of older pets (been here since 2009) and items!

tilkka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:06 am

tilkka wrote:-snip-
I wanted to make 3 collections for BWs. 1) Default wings  2) Special wings  3) Wingless designs
But I had trouble sorting out the wingless designs. Like are these really wings? Can they fly with it/them? Do they belong into the special or wingless collection? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Image Image Image Image Image

personally i'd call those guys butterwolves with wing edits, just because the extras are
in the same position as the wings, and they probably would have been created using the
wing template from the standard butterwolf lineart - to me wingless are designs like this

where there are no clear wings, or extras in the area where the wings should go c:
obviously if you're going for practically rather than design then no i don't think
those guys would be able to fly with those wing designs aha! the balloon my float though c;

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deerless » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:44 am

tilkka wrote:I wanted to make 3 collections for BWs. 1) Default wings  2) Special wings  3) Wingless designs

Hmmmnn, that indeed sounds difficult! I would kinda add four categories instead of three!

- Basic Wings
    - Special Wings (Those who still have wings, but heavily edited, but they can still 'fly' for example)
    - Heavily edited wings (Those who have trees as wings, for example, and the one with the sun you added!)
    - No wings at all (those who have a bare back, so nothing on their back that replaces the wing or is actually a wing)

So for example for the special wings you'd have things like this:
    Image Image Image Image

For the heavily edited wings you could add BWs like these:
    Image Image Image

And for the no wings at all things like this:
    Image Image Image

Tbh I really like that you are seperating them like this! Good luck and just go by what you think looks best, you can never do something wrong when doing that. I'd love to help though, so if you need any! (I adore sorting things lmao)
Hi, I'm Deerless and I am a hoarder of Deer and Dwarf Hamsters
You are always welcome to send me trades including any of those two! I love to trade! <3
I have a complete deer collection!

My Collection & Hoards Thread

---------------------Current Hoard Goal
------------Reach 2.500 deer in my hoard
---------------------2370 / 2500
------------------- 391 deer to go!
--------------------
--------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Deerless

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megannator » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:17 am

I just adore how lovely some of the organization schemes are! It makes me want to redo my pet groups. However.... I have so many and it would take me ages lol. Maybe I'll get around to it one day :)
Links wrote:Wishlist
Trade Thread
Hoards
FlightRising

Currently Seeking wrote:Image
"The Stars in the Sky"
Goal: 11/20

⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
┌──────────┐
ηεvεr givε uρ oη your
Đrεαϻs

└──────────┘
⯏⯍⯎⯌⯎⯍⯏
Megannator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cad bane » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:18 am

I'm too happy, I finally completed my Syrian hamster collection!!
(If you want to see they're here c:)
Next up- Dwarf hamsters! This should be easier because there's only one rare one c:
cad bane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:33 am

Woowwww I haven't posted in here forever, real life has gotten so busy!!

My collection is going super duper slow, but I guess that makes it even more satisfying when I make any progress!
My goal is a complete collection on CS, which as many know is near impossible with the rares list and how INSANE demand and trading has gotten here. Lol.

It also always still surprises me when people say that no one likes to trade rares list for C$, because that's all I use to get my main list babies. ^_^" And I have quite a bit of success with it. All the below pets listed were obtained with C$.

So far this year with how people are usually more willing to trade after the 18th I've managed to get quite a few marked off my wishlist.
I got the UR Peas, UR Fox, August PPS Lion (this was a pain in the butt to trade for, I'm so surprised!!), Gearback, Joker Bunny, and I'm in the process of trying to trade for the UR Peach. ^^
This means I'm down to only needing 3o pets on this entire site. =') I think last year around this time I was needing 7o or more.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups