Collection Discussion Thread ♡ NEW Poll!* ♡

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Do you use C$ to ‘buy’ pets/items for your collection?

All the time!
17%
Yes, sometimes.
53%
No.
14%
No, I never have success.
3%
I haven’t tried it.
14%

Total votes : 1145

Re: Collection Discussion Thread V.1 ♡ Poll Finally Updated!

Postby spooky; » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:23 am

pige. wrote:
Saint Jimmy wrote:
    Does anyone know how many rats there are in all? how many bunnies? i'm considering starting a collection of one of them, but i'm not sure yet

bunnies are 354 in total ; off-list there are 294 adult buns, 28 pps buns
and 7 bird bunnies and on-list there are 25 c:

[ that's up to the latest litter release too ]

When you count the PPS bunnies this including the pug puppy pps? I am working on collecting the pps buns and this count has me all confused. Lol.

╔══════════════════╗
100 Rare/Very Rare Giveaway!
╚══════════════════╝

spooky;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:23 am

spooky; wrote:
pige. wrote:
Saint Jimmy wrote:
    Does anyone know how many rats there are in all? how many bunnies? i'm considering starting a collection of one of them, but i'm not sure yet

When you count the PPS bunnies this including the pug puppy pps? I am working on collecting the pps buns and this count has me all confused. Lol.

oh yeah, that includes the pugs too as they're bunny linearts c:
without pugs it's 27 pps and 290 adult buns off-list ;

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spooky; » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:28 am

pige. wrote:
spooky; wrote:
pige. wrote:

oh yeah, that includes the pugs too as they're bunny linearts c:
without pugs it's 27 pps and 290 adult buns off-list ;

Okay thank you. I was sitting here so confused and worried I was missing another baby bun.
I'm only five away so I didnt want to have to go back to six missing. Heh.

╔══════════════════╗
100 Rare/Very Rare Giveaway!
╚══════════════════╝

spooky;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:31 am

spooky; wrote:-snip-
I'm only five away so I didnt want to have to go back to six missing. Heh.[/i][/size][/center]

no worries, it's my mistake! i generally have everything in my collection that is
classed as that lineart, forgetting some people just want the actual lineart aha!
so when i was using my group numbers to work it out, forgot to specifiy! c:

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mountain tree » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:31 am

@everyone, pretty much

are the monkeys from the bunny lineart? or were they a thing after the chameleons, and then therefore use the chameleon lineart?
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    hi.
    ♀ | isfj | ♊
    sis cous syn fr trade
    seeking store pets & malk smileys
    & wishlist items please c:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    “Some believe it is only great power
    that can hold evil in check, but that is
    not what I have found.
    It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk
    that keep the darkness at bay.
    Small acts of kindness and love."

Gandalf the Grey
mountain tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:36 am

mountain tree wrote:
    @everyone, pretty much

are the monkeys from the bunny lineart? or were they a thing after the chameleons, and then therefore use the chameleon lineart?

they were chameleon and both linearts are the same? or super similar, haven't looked at them
in detail recently, but the monkey now have their own species filter in the archive so i've
now seen them as their own collection rather than putting them as chameleon linearts c:

- big edit as the first comment did not make sense to me aha -

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mountain tree » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:56 am

pige. wrote:
mountain tree wrote:
    @everyone, pretty much

they were chameleon and both linearts are the same? or super similar, haven't looked at them
in detail recently, but the monkey now have their own species filter in the archive so i've
now seen them as their own collection rather than putting them as chameleon linearts c:

- big edit as the first comment did not make sense to me aha -

ah, oh. that makes sense I think.
    but they do look super similar.

I have ocd tendencies so I don't think sorting by species/lineart would work to terrifically for me.
    although when I first joined cs, that's how I sorted my pets.

then a few years later I had it sorted by species and subgrouped into rarity.
    and then I got annoyed that rarities were always changing, so I sorted it into species, and for trade/extra groups for each species.
    and now, to keep better track of pets, I finally switched to month and year, maybe two years ago?
    but I'm still sorting. it's a pain. I'm never resorting again although that's what I said last time
    I still have hundreds and hundreds of pets left to sort AAHHHHHHHHH RIP

It's also frustrating that I'm still so, so, so far away from a complete collection, which I've been working on since I joined CS in late December 2009. But I was terrible at trading and EVERYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE until maybe two years ago.

that's when I promptly realized that I'd traded away a shima longtail, malk mutant, lots o warriors, and '09 and '08 rares for way unfair trades. (unfair to me, that is).
    but now I'm determined! I'm trying to get all of the store pets right now, because I recently realized that they are never re-released, so I'm trying to get them now >.<

sorry I just ranted for multiple paragraphs.
    but I stalk this thread a lot and you guys are all so close with your collections and you make me inspired!
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    hi.
    ♀ | isfj | ♊
    sis cous syn fr trade
    seeking store pets & malk smileys
    & wishlist items please c:

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    “Some believe it is only great power
    that can hold evil in check, but that is
    not what I have found.
    It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk
    that keep the darkness at bay.
    Small acts of kindness and love."

Gandalf the Grey
mountain tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeon - » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:07 am

mountain tree wrote:I have ocd tendencies so I don't think sorting by species/lineart would work to terrifically for me.
although when I first joined cs, that's how I sorted my pets.

then a few years later I had it sorted by species and subgrouped into rarity.
and then I got annoyed that rarities were always changing, so I sorted it into species, and for trade/extra groups for each species.
and now, to keep better track of pets, I finally switched to month and year, maybe two years ago?
but I'm still sorting. it's a pain. I'm never resorting again although that's what I said last time
I still have hundreds and hundreds of pets left to sort AAHHHHHHHHH RIP

It's also frustrating that I'm still so, so, so far away from a complete collection, which I've been working on since I joined CS in late December 2009. But I was terrible at trading and EVERYTHING ON THIS WEBSITE until maybe two years ago.

that's when I promptly realized that I'd traded away a shima longtail, malk mutant, lots o warriors, and '09 and '08 rares for way unfair trades. (unfair to me, that is).
but now I'm determined! I'm trying to get all of the store pets right now, because I recently realized that they are never re-released, so I'm trying to get them now >.<

sorry I just ranted for multiple paragraphs.
but I stalk this thread a lot and you guys are all so close with your collections and you make me inspired![/list][/size]

rant away, i have this feeling all the time! i just went through and re-organised my collections in to
two different sections. one for litters or types so things like zodiacs, warriors, staff pets etc and
another section for species, so the ones where i've done pps cats, pps dogs, butterwolves and the
like - doing that took forever as i changed the group names as well so now evern though i have
three groups for my butterwolves and initially called them caterpillars, cocoons and butterwolves,
they're just all all collection : butterwolves because it makes my ocd happy and i know
personally which group is which.. and that's the main thing, it doesn't have to make sense to others xD

on a side note of completing collections.. I HAVE FINALLY MANAGED TO TRADE FOR THE LAST off-list BUNNY!

i'm still literally screaming because it was the fair trade that got accepted rather than the overpay trades,
so aaah screaming.. only two collections to go, the new year dogs where i'm missing one, and the guinea
pigs which i started today and i'm missing about half - oh lordy lord, here we go again aha ;;

pigeon -

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby future violents » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:27 am

thanks @ everyone who answered my question! I'll probably start collecting buns as soon as i get all the advent pets i missed

edit; could i have some advice on trading for list buns? is it pretty difficult to get main list & september list buns and what have you had to trade to get them?
Last edited by future violents on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

x
x
x
x
x
x

x
jimmy

he/him

pls click my
lil dude!

x
x
x
x
x
x

future violents

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Boomer » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 am

Welp, I am happy to report that I have all of the Christmas GUPPS (albeit 4 are re-releases and I'm trying to find true date swaps)! I'm only missing two New Years GUPPS, which honestly I think are my favorites.

ImageImage

Soon I will find you both! Also congrats to all the people that completed their collections! <3
Boomer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me