CS Store Pet Popularity Poll

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Store Pet Popularity Poll

Postby TANKMEN » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:15 am

SabrinaB wrote:Good question, no need to be afraid of startong an argument. We are discussing in a normal way :)

There are pets that i like, but i dont really feel the "i want this pet!" feeling.
Take the cerberus. I like it, i believe i gave it a big 9.
But if the poll said "how much do you want this"
I would say only a 3. It is a very valueble pet, but i am not willing to psy my soul for it and it will never really go for less, regadless the results of this poll.
So yeah. There is a diffrence to me. I like it a lot, but i dont really want it.
Same with the rats. I like them, but i dont really need to have them.

thank you for replying! i understand what you mean now, and im glad we've all reached the same conclusion of what Princess of Lions was trying to find out. i agree the same on pets like the Cerberus - i really like it but in terms of what i'd pay for, there are pets i value more in a collecting standpoint. but i also voted on the poll the same way you did, purely based on which pets i liked the designs of most!

really excited to see the results for this one!
Image TANK » THEY/XEY/SHE/PUP

------Autistic Adult PF-DID system
------Ex-2009 player
------PPS Collector and forever child!
PFP: @jijistu
TANKMEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:10 am

♥Princess of Lions♥ wrote:
kivr & fireflii wrote:Are we able to see/know how many total individuals vote on this (and the other poll, but I didn't want to post there since it's inactive)? Very curious to know since these results are being used to reflect the opinion of the presumable majority of the userbase on Horror's list.
-fireflii

Yes, at the top of the results page showing the graphs, you can see how many total users voted and at the top of each graph you can see how many people voted on each specific pet! I kept the OMGSR poll open until around 350 users voted, at that point the results were pretty stable and I documented everything in the spreadsheet.

Gotcha! I didn't vote, so I can't see how many voted. But this is good to know still. I would definitely be interested to see how the results change over a long period of time/with more users. I imagine it wouldn't change much at some point, as you mentioned, but I think it would be interesting to see how it might change over time (like how many users are consciously/unconsciously influenced by a pet's value). Not that I think it could be easily determined, but just thinking out loud...

SabrinaB wrote:
kivr & fireflii wrote:Are we able to see/know how many total individuals vote on this (and the other poll, but I didn't want to post there since it's inactive)? Very curious to know since these results are being used to reflect the opinion of the presumable majority of the userbase on Horror's list.
-fireflii

I sure hope they dont compare these results with the list too much. I voted simply as how much i like a pet, not how rare or how much i want it. I just voted how much i like the species, design and colors and i am sure i am not the only one. Its totally diffrent from how much i want it or how much i would pay for it

I mean these results are directly used on the "demand" part of Horror's list. These polls are what is determined as low vs high demand, or + or ++, etc. This is why I was curious to know how many people voted. I am/was(?) concerned how many users opinions are being used to reflect, and therefore influence, the whole of the trading community (though I do understand there's only so much information that can be gathered from an optional poll, found on the forums, accessed with a Gmail account, etc.).
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby boodles » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:24 am

Have to say I'm shook that the other punk dogs aside from lolita didn't get much love.

Interesting to see alot of them are flat across the board and others are super blatantly placed at one end of the spectrum.

Don't think I have anything constructive to add, but really interesting idea and statistics.

TANKMEN wrote:
SabrinaB wrote:Good question, no need to be afraid of startong an argument. We are discussing in a normal way :)

There are pets that i like, but i dont really feel the "i want this pet!" feeling.
Take the cerberus. I like it, i believe i gave it a big 9.
But if the poll said "how much do you want this"
I would say only a 3. It is a very valueble pet, but i am not willing to psy my soul for it and it will never really go for less, regadless the results of this poll.
So yeah. There is a diffrence to me. I like it a lot, but i dont really want it.
Same with the rats. I like them, but i dont really need to have them.

thank you for replying! i understand what you mean now, and im glad we've all reached the same conclusion of what Princess of Lions was trying to find out. i agree the same on pets like the Cerberus - i really like it but in terms of what i'd pay for, there are pets i value more in a collecting standpoint. but i also voted on the poll the same way you did, purely based on which pets i liked the designs of most!

really excited to see the results for this one!

Edit to add after I read this post - I feel like I voted strictly on how much I actually like the pet, since I was lucky enough to join early and have had most of them the entire time, the only ones I don't have are Drink Me and Skelebun. I voted Skelebun around the mid point because I don't dislike it, but I don't love it, which is one of the reason's it's kind of been last on my list. There are actually some I almost detest (like the seahorse horses that I just don't like the lines of) so I rated those ones lowly based simply on my actual like for the pet.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Currently obsessed with FR and making trades between here and there.
https://www1.flightrising.com/clan-profile/599233

Canadian || She/Her || Adult || University || Vet School
♡ Animals || ♡ Music || ♡ Crime Dramas || ♡ Photography

Dream Pet: UR Tiger Dog
CS Goal: One of Every Pet (Only 40 left!)
Currently Hunting For: Missing Warrior Cats & 2012 UR Cookie

<< P.S. Those are my puppers!
boodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angst » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:08 pm

wow today I realized I have really really really unpopular opinions lol

Edit;

Alsoooo

Does anyone else always feel like seeing your own opinions not reflected puts things in perspective? I enjoy the feeling. Makes me appreciate art + designs on this site I've overlooked.

I love this stuff so much. I'm so glad this is happening!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𓆩★𓆪
• angst • any/all • adult • neurodivergent •
|
|
tired & silly grad student :~)
i'm kinda slow + socially anxious when it comes to DMs
thanks for understanding!
trades | free palestine
credit

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
angst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Princess of Lions♥ » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:50 pm

I have editing permissions turned on so if people do change their views in the future, people who already voted can always change their responses :)
♥Princess of Lions♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:12 pm

kivr & fireflii wrote:I mean these results are directly used on the "demand" part of Horror's list. These polls are what is determined as low vs high demand, or + or ++, etc. This is why I was curious to know how many people voted. I am/was(?) concerned how many users opinions are being used to reflect, and therefore influence, the whole of the trading community (though I do understand there's only so much information that can be gathered from an optional poll, found on the forums, accessed with a Gmail account, etc.).
-fireflii

This actually scares me. This is a fun poll and interesting to see the results, but this should not be used to change the placements of the store pets on the list at all. This is just to see how much people like it, not how much they want it. If this is being ised for placements, than the poll should be how much you want it, to see which pets are most popular, not the most pretty.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Akinori » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:56 am

I gave 10 to only two pets: Raven Dog and PPS Dragoncat.

10 over 30%

Orange Cerberus: 34%
Raven Dog: 32%
Red Cerberus: 35%
PPS Dragoncat: 50%
Purple Star Store Deer: 31%
Earth Store Deer: 31%
Blue PPS Tiger: 37%
White/Angel Cheetah: 31%
Maned/King Cheetah: 32%
PPS Cheetah: 48%
PPS Gryphon: 50%
PPS Fairy Fox: 41%
Tan Dragon: 32%
Orange PPS Flower Lion: 32%
PPS Calico Cat: 31%
Akinori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby angst » Sun Jan 14, 2024 5:10 pm

Casually bumping so more people see this!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𓆩★𓆪
• angst • any/all • adult • neurodivergent •
|
|
tired & silly grad student :~)
i'm kinda slow + socially anxious when it comes to DMs
thanks for understanding!
trades | free palestine
credit

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
angst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AncientEldritch » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:58 pm

Excited to see the results!

AncientEldritch on Toyhou.se and Deviantart!

I love sending gifts and live for Halloween and Holibombs, though I use any holiday as an excuse to send random gifts.

AncientEldritch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Princess of Lions♥ » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:20 am

I'm hoping for 100 more votes before I compile everything into a spreadsheet!
♥Princess of Lions♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me