How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: How Do You Organize Your Pets?

Postby Omiyage » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:41 pm

Omiyage wrote:I didn't want tons of groups so mine are:

Growing pets
For trade (2 groups)
My favorite pets in specific groups (like a food group)
Pets by lineart (dogs, cats, etc)

That's it. I do enjoy marking which pets are rescues or gifts though.

Things have changed a little, past me.
Now you have like six trade groups so you don't get confused, a bunch of meme groups, and when you're overwhelmed you chuck pets into a 'chaos' group to be sorted later. πŸ˜†
You still organize by lineart otherwise.
Random music I change every few days: 🎡This for you, Clapwagon🎢
Icon Credit ✧ Greyscale Collection ✧ Souvenirs
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
ImageγŠεœŸη”£Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gritizens » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:43 pm

We do it by year and month. Then we have a separate group for space aesthetic pets (named space the final frontier because we're Trekkies). Then a group for pets we want to give to our partner system and then a group for pets we want to trade away.
DID system of 100+. They/void pronouns overall.

🎢 I am your shield, you are my armor, another search for something greater than us, we walk the ends of the world together 🎢 [Unbreakable - Carpark North]

Discord: gritizens | If you send a friend request, tell us who you are and where we would know you from.
Gritizens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FatalCollapse » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:45 pm

How I do it:

Dec 18th true date swaps
Monthly duplicates by rarity
Event duplicates by event
Then its the year as a header then each month with a "sub folder" for the event
ex:

January
New Years
February
Lunar New Years
Valentines Day
Leap Day
ect

╔════════════════════════╗
β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Žα΄€κœ± ʟᴏɴɒ α΄€κœ± Ιͺ α΄„α΄€Ι΄ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ α΄›Κœα΄‡α΄ ΚŸα΄€α΄œΙ’Κœ,

β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž 🐱 πŸ‘‘ 🐺
β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž Image
β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€ŽImage
β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž Image
β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž β€Ž β€Ž β€Ž Image
β€Ž β€Žβ€Ž Ιͺα΄› α΄…α΄α΄‡κœ±Ι΄'α΄› ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ʜᴏᴑ, Ιͺ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ α΄€ΚŸΚ€ΙͺΙ’Κœα΄›
β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
FatalCollapse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby duckblind » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:57 pm

i go for a mix of everything- i keep trade folders for commons, uncommons, rares, and event swaps, and for pets i'm keeping i have event-themed folders alongside species-oriented folders for both anything i majorly collect (where i will keep every single pet of the species even if it goes to an event or theme) and lesser ones where i've ended up with a decent amount of them over time (which is usually just for things like monthly adopt dogs & cats). but i also keep a few small themed folders for food-themed pets and that sort of thing because i like how they look together. it makes sense to my brain but it i feel like it seems a little overcomplicated explaining it lol
duckblind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[chat] how do you like to sort trade groups?

Postby kiteathan » Fri May 10, 2024 6:30 am

just curious on other's opinions!
i've been back and forth on mine for a long while. it went from species to now date & rarity, but i'm considering switching it to just rarity..? or maybe dividing up my dates further. i dunno..! maybe even date, rarity AND demand? that seems like a lot of folders though!!! lol

be respectful towards others please
my name's kite!
he/him
queer & autistic

i am collecting every fennec fox on the site!
kiteathan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [chat] how do you like to sort trade groups?

Postby paevent » Fri May 10, 2024 6:44 am

Yeah I can never make up my mind either lol! In general and atm I have them sorted by species, but I love resorting them just as an excuse to look at them haha. Rn I’m taking my rares and putting them into their own groups, then I’m gonna decide which rares I want to keep.
I also have random collections I enjoy like the solar system dogs among other things. I also want to make new groups for animals that have realistic colors/patterns!
I try to keep things minimal but, all these ideas there’s gonna be some more groups ):
adult || any pronouns idc || mobile user
paevent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [chat] how do you like to sort trade groups?

Postby FreddyCenobite » Fri May 10, 2024 9:55 am

I have weird rule-like mindsets for some, but I organize by year, if it's an event pet, if it's for C$/FR gems, a hoard litter swap, and for some I sort by rarities (only uncommon through rare though).

>I go by year, but after x amount of time I will toss them into storage to deal with later. So mine goes from 2022-2024, but at the end of the year I'm tossing 2022 into storage and the new "older" group will be 2023. I keep them open for basic swaps since I rarely need them for what I'm missing at the end of the year, but after a while I don't need to leave them unlocked. If they're gonna rot, I can just toss them into storage and rot.

>>Event pets are in their own group because I don't want to swap them away when they're exclusively from events (be it an actual event or a mini event). I value events a smidgen more because they're not as easy to find once the event ends. Whereas monthlies are the opposite (for ones not above uncommon).

>>>Ones for C$/FR gems and hoard litter swaps are self explanatory.

>>>>Ones I sort by rarities are just because they're mainly older pets I don't need anymore. Trying to stay away from sounding rant-y, they mostly don't have groups to be in anymore. Some did come from existing groups but I also noticed if you're after xyz rarity, tossing them in there makes it easier for both me and the trader to find.

One thing I like to do is sort pets by numbered groups or areas. So my UFT group I purposely threw on top of everything (that's unlocked) so people don't have to dig through all my stuff. If you look at my set up, you very quickly see why they were thrown towards the very top :lol:
Basic info:
Pet of the moment:

Disabled adult β€’ She/Her β€’ Dog mom β€’ Ex-retiree
Movie geek β€’ Horror fan β€’ Halloween lover
My hoards β€’ Trade thread β€’ Offsite thread
My FR β€’ How close I am to a full CS set
RIP my little butthead β™₯️
CS Tiko β€’ My Tiko

β€’ If I haven’t responded to offer(s), it means I’m thinking β€’
β€’ Last half of my user: Sen-uh-bite (send without the β€œd”) β€’
β€’ Prefer no random PMs unless it's about offers β€’
FreddyCenobite