CS Items Guide - Help update values - Medieval Faire Tokens

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: CS Items Guide - Please post valuable item trade links!

Postby Jiloon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Solloby wrote:Thanks for posting all the great trades guys!

Jiloon wrote:
I know these items aren't necessarily in high demand, but I figured that it would be nice to help give trades of more valuable items so that the item guide could eventually be updated...

9/13/17

This trade is confusing, the 09 rare dog alone is overpay for the uncommon pet even if you include the cat being more in demand, so the items are just adding even more overpay O.o

Yes, I know.. The trade shows that the values of those particular items seems to have gone down.
A lot, if the person was willing to trade them, plus the '09 rare, for the sitting cat (even with it's demand).
: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . :

. : .

. : .

: . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . :

. : . : . : . : . : . : . : .

: . : . : . : . : . : . : . : . :

just here for the vibes

Jiloon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:02 pm

I think that's more the case of the person not knowing what they were doing, or so interested in the uncommon cat that they just threw a bunch of valuable stuff at it and didn't care that they were overpaying. I would not consider it a reflection on the value of either the items or pets (aside from assuming the cat has decent demand since it pulled an overpay trade in the first place, though not as much as shown in that particular trade). If a user trades a Red Toxic for an 09 VR because they have the same rarity tag, that doesn't mean Red Toxic's value has gone down, it just means the trader didn't know or care that their side of the trade was of significantly higher value.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Solloby wrote:I think that's more the case of the person not knowing what they were doing, or so interested in the uncommon cat that they just threw a bunch of valuable stuff at it and didn't care that they were overpaying. I would not consider it a reflection on the value of either the items or pets (aside from assuming the cat has decent demand since it pulled an overpay trade in the first place, though not as much as shown in that particular trade). If a user trades a Red Toxic for an 09 VR because they have the same rarity tag, that doesn't mean Red Toxic's value has gone down, it just means the trader didn't know or care that their side of the trade was of significantly higher value.

The 09 rare is a rerelease. I would not be surprised if the other person didn't realize their dog is from 2009
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Just to add: item values dont go down. It happened once with the christmas presents that got re-released, but as far as i remember thats the only item set that ever got re-released. Besides a few small farm animals.
Therefor their value increases in time, since more people join and less items will be around.
Its a matter of demand mostly. And as said before, perhaps that person didnt know what their items were worth.
I dont think there is much diffrence between the dog being a 10 or 09 rare. Some seem to think warriors are worth list pets.
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:21 pm

I got pressured into unlocking my items, the person said they had a really really good offer.
So I did, temporarily. I don't think this will be of much help, sadly,
But this is what I received

http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/v ... g0kVPKMclQ
(Warning, image heavy trade)
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaBean » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:22 pm

I really do not know how to tell item rarity, do you just need to know the dates? is the dates all that matter? thanks anyone who can help :)
BananaBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThunderCedar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:25 pm

Parks and Rec wrote:I really do not know how to tell item rarity, do you just need to know the dates? is the dates all that matter? thanks anyone who can help :)

What matters is
The dates
Whether the item was free or cost tokens
Whether the item is a discontinued store item
How many of the item were given out per set (for example some sets contain several of one item but only one of the other at release)
And whether or not you could miss any items when getting the set (for example last easter there was a set of items released where you could miss several outcomes and had to swap for them).

It's not easy, it's mostly estimates, but you get used to it with time.
ᔱ ᔲ ᔳ ᔴ
ThunderCedar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SabrinaB » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Vixey wrote:
Parks and Rec wrote:I really do not know how to tell item rarity, do you just need to know the dates? is the dates all that matter? thanks anyone who can help :)

What matters is
The dates
Whether the item was free or cost tokens
Whether the item is a discontinued store item
How many of the item were given out per set (for example some sets contain several of one item but only one of the other at release)
And whether or not you could miss any items when getting the set (for example last easter there was a set of items released where you could miss several outcomes and had to swap for them).

It's not easy, it's mostly estimates, but you get used to it with time.

Date, how to get it (retired store item, free/ trade in event item, bannr item (medieval faire dragons, halloween ghosts)
And biggest: demand.
Xmas plushies dont have much demand.
Pocky, nick laptop etc do, they go for more than they are worth easily
There are many factors to keep in mind, like a lot of people locking their items
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:29 am

Also if the item was part of a set. Single items of a set are generally worth a bit less than their overall whole. For example, as has been mentioned with the cake set, the 2011 elf set pieces are generally an uncommon each; but don't expect to pay an uncommon per piece for a full set.

And even though it goes in with demand and does not affect over all rarity, the time of year can change some things.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bvrd » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:34 pm

trades i received for some old items but cancelled since its not what im looking for
for animal egg 1
for animal eggs 1-4, a store scarf, and other items
bvrd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me