Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Hoard Discussions Thread v.7!

Postby Jayfrost » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:38 am

i usually choose some bunnies to do checker hoards with over easter because it gives full control over the adoption order, but these little guys have completely won me over! they feel like a good candidate for some plant item hoard combos, i'm gonna have to do some experimenting!

ImageImage
❥ de. fawn

it's always exciting to complete any hoard, but i always feel that checker hoards have an extra level of satisfaction!

xxxxxxxImage

Imagexxxxxxx
───────────────────
xxxxxxxxxx
jay • they/them

disabled / chronically ill -
low activity & slow replies

i don't do art commissions

xxxxxxxxxx

────────🍂────────

Jayfrost
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kotak » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:32 am

Jayfrost wrote:
i usually choose some bunnies to do checker hoards with over easter because it gives full control over the adoption order, but these little guys have completely won me over! they feel like a good candidate for some plant item hoard combos, i'm gonna have to do some experimenting!

ImageImage
❥ de. fawn

it's always exciting to complete any hoard, but i always feel that checker hoards have an extra level of satisfaction!

ahh so cool! awesome job! other than ID swapping, what did you do to set up the group display? my fawns show up three per row and yours are two (i apologize if it’s just some mobile specific viewing and it’s not on purpose, it just looks so neat!)
ImageImage

𖥔 ⋆.ೃ࿔.𖥔 hey, i'm kat 𖥔 ⋆.ೃ࿔.𖥔

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
⋆౨ৎ𖥔⟡˖ have a lovely day! ౨ৎ⟡˖𖥔
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

kotak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jayfrost » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:04 am

kotak wrote:
Jayfrost wrote:

ImageImage
❥ de. fawn

ahh so cool! awesome job! other than ID swapping, what did you do to set up the group display? my fawns show up three per row and yours are two (i apologize if it’s just some mobile specific viewing and it’s not on purpose, it just looks so neat!)

thank you!

Code: Select all
                       

it's set up by pasting the above blank spaces in as the pet name - it's longer than the length of the image and makes them take up a little more room per row! it'll vary by device and theme (my laptop shows 5 per row, vs 4 on my phone using the desktop theme, or 2 with the mobile theme!) but i find it helps make the rows of smaller pets a little neater!

xxxxxxxImage

Imagexxxxxxx
───────────────────
xxxxxxxxxx
jay • they/them

disabled / chronically ill -
low activity & slow replies

i don't do art commissions

xxxxxxxxxx

────────🍂────────

Jayfrost
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kotak » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:22 am

Jayfrost wrote:
kotak wrote:
Jayfrost wrote:

ImageImage
❥ de. fawn

thank you!

Code: Select all
                       

it's set up by pasting the above blank spaces in as the pet name - it's longer than the length of the image and makes them take up a little more room per row! it'll vary by device and theme (my laptop shows 5 per row, vs 4 on my phone using the desktop theme, or 2 with the mobile theme!) but i find it helps make the rows of smaller pets a little neater!

sweet, thank you so much for the info <3 i’ll try this technique with my groups of tiny lil guys! your collection of hoards is seriously impressive and wonderful, i love the attention to detail!!

editing to avoid spamming:
Raire wrote:@kotak
To add to Jayfrosts post, here are some of my own examples of different name lengths:
Lions, sheep and bunnies
I use a fitting length for my desktop computer (I see the groups as 2, 4, 5 per row respectively), where I look at my hoard groups the most.

this makes so much sense! very cool idea and thank you for the examples, they’re so helpful!! i’d love to experiment with this function! you all have such lovely hoards ^^ have you tried naming the pets with words/symbols and then adding the spaces after that? i hope it works the same!
Last edited by kotak on Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

𖥔 ⋆.ೃ࿔.𖥔 hey, i'm kat 𖥔 ⋆.ೃ࿔.𖥔

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
⋆౨ৎ𖥔⟡˖ have a lovely day! ౨ৎ⟡˖𖥔
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

kotak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:23 am

@kotak
To add to Jayfrosts post, here are some of my own examples of different name lengths:
Lions, sheep and bunnies
I use a fitting length for my desktop computer (I see the groups as 2, 4, 5 per row respectively), where I look at my hoard groups the most.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:28 pm

More bees for my bee hoard, Easter is almost the only time we get bee pets I love it. The deer from today are fantastic.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raire » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:50 pm

kotak wrote:this makes so much sense! very cool idea and thank you for the examples, they’re so helpful!! i’d love to experiment with this function! you all have such lovely hoards ^^ have you tried naming the pets with words/symbols and then adding the spaces after that? i hope it works the same!

It does work as long as you use the space character Jayfrost posted in the code field. Or copy it from our named pets.
It's a special character and not the normal from the space bar. That one wouldn't work (if you use like 10 normal spaces, the site only shows 1 after saving)

I used a combination of this character and normal words in this group, because they all have names.
_________ Image

# If you have any question or problem, please send us a help ticket

:: avatar picture by Tanja Askani :: signature by Jayfrost ::
Raire
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby honeycat; » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:11 pm

Silver Tiger~ wrote:More bees for my bee hoard, Easter is almost the only time we get bee pets I love it. The deer from today are fantastic.

yes agreed! they'll be going into my bee hoard too. i'm really happy with more bee pets.
honeylynn - adult - she/they
leo - 911 operator - cat mom
happily married - proud momma
11.11.21🌈 - 10.31.22🌅 ImageImage
@@@
honeycat;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sealipup » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:38 pm

Jayfrost wrote:

ImageImage
❥ de. fawn

Oh this hoard is so pleasant to look at <3 happy to see everyone hoarding these deer, they're sooo cutie ^u^
honeycat; wrote:
Silver Tiger~ wrote:More bees for my bee hoard, Easter is almost the only time we get bee pets I love it. The deer from today are fantastic.

yes agreed! they'll be going into my bee hoard too. i'm really happy with more bee pets.

Yayyy for bee themed pets!! I don't hoard them but they're some of my favs :3

Hoarding has slowed down as I need more fodder (and also got lazy LOL) but I'm happy to finally report that I hit 100 (well 102 xD) burger foxes!!! :D Click him for the link to the group!!

And my seals are getting close too... currently at 87 :P

X
X
X
X
ImageImage
Seali ♡ She/Her

Image Credits: x x x x x
Sealipup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:23 am

Sealipup wrote:Hoarding has slowed down as I need more fodder (and also got lazy LOL) but I'm happy to finally report that I hit 100 (well 102 xD) burger foxes!!! :D Click him for the link to the group!!

And my seals are getting close too... currently at 87 :P
Image[/list]

congrats!! your seal pups look so adorable next to each other ;u; <3

couldn't resist doing a 100-count hoard of this litter (minus the pps outcome.) i think they all look so nice put together, and i'm a big fan of black & orange/yellow colors!

i also completed my hoard of these guys, but i'm debating going back in to try and get a solid 25 of each outcome to even it out a bit. question for you guys: when hoarding litters, do you usually try to go for an even amount of each outcome, or do you not really care either way? for me, i feel like it shifts from hoard to hoard lol.

ImageImage

lastly, i've been collecting this other easter outcome, as well as animal egg 117! the bunny reminds me so much of these guys that i never got around to hoarding, but now deeply regret lol.
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me