Complete Collection Calculator

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: Complete Collection Calculator

Postby Lady Mekka » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:19 am

Back at re-formatting the calculators! :)

Edit: Made it to Lions! :)
My trade thread!

Image October 2023 Image February 2024 Image June 2023 Image June 2023 Image August 2023 {PPS}
Image February 2022 Image Internet Event 2022 Image Halloween 2023
Lady Mekka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby madeth » Wed May 01, 2024 12:38 pm

just wondering bc i love this and would like to keep using it in the future - how do we keep up with new releases over time? is there a quick way to edit that on our own?

═══════
art shop
18+/autistic
she/it

PPS collector,
cat mom, klo-
noa, umineko,
hetalia ♡

═══════

madeth

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Mekka » Wed May 01, 2024 4:45 pm

Hello! I um, didn't necessarily build these the easiest to update... and that's my bad. I'm gonna have to find a way to edit that to make it easier somehow. >.> If you give me until the end of the week (tbh I'm aiming for Thursday but don't want to promise too much!) I should have a better layout for updating your species counts and the complete collection count as well as instructions on how to add to it! I believe what I'll do will work but I have to mess around with it for a little bit first to test it out. :)
My trade thread!

Image October 2023 Image February 2024 Image June 2023 Image June 2023 Image August 2023 {PPS}
Lady Mekka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Mekka » Wed May 01, 2024 7:31 pm

So I've come up with a solution! (Of sorts.) Unfortunately it will take some reformatting but once you do the reformat it'll never need to be done again. This is so that when you're adding new rows to the tables you don't have to faff about with adding new rows and filling things in, all you'll need to do is paste the new cells on top and it'll be right as rain! The big concern is the main "Total" table will (in 2025 or this year for species that haven't been used yet) need new rows eventually and I don't want to make things confusing. I also don't want to make you folks learn how to code Sheets so the big thing is I want you all to be able to just copy the new information and paste it into your existing Sheets!

The Easy Method for Updating (Including How to Change Your Current Sheet Layout):

Optionally, if you do not want to move anything and like having the big column, you can follow this method but be warned- when a new year hits you're going to have to learn how to shift a row down and add it in.

The "I Like It the Way It Is and Don't Mind Learning a Few Things" Method:

And a big part of why I'm redoing the equations is this will give you an easier time doing these changes. @.@ Using the cut and paste should make your table autopopulate to the new cells when you have the new layout. If you have the old equations all you need to do is copy the new "Total" table and paste it over your old one. The new equations will make this easier for you! :) I'm sorry I didn't plan that part out! When it was just me I didn't have to think about how to make it easy because I don't mind doing stuff the difficult nonsensical way, lol. Please let me know if you have any questions or are confused about anything! The Sheets set up the new way (Total table > Years tables > Special Releases/Store Pets tables) are updated and have the new equations in the Total table. :)

(Also I apologize if anything is confusing, I couldn't sleep so I wrote this completely sleep deprived. @.@)
My trade thread!

Lady Mekka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Mekka » Wed May 15, 2024 7:25 am

I went through and updated the counts for this month! :) I'm finally done with my vacation so I should be able to do some more work on these sheets. :)
My trade thread!

Lady Mekka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me