"The" Rares List Guide - Do not ask about new UR's!

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: "The" Rares List Guide [pg. 509 gap list update!]

Postby nickjr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:15 am

Jelissa wrote:Image
I think the white bunny should be on the advent list. It turned very rare in Jan. 2011, while the Peppermint Bun turned very rare in March 2011 (and is on the list).

Huh, that's interesting. And they were both adoptable bunnies, not banner bunnies, so it's not like one was more widely available than the other or something. Is there really such a huge gap in demand?

Sidenote: the Lilac bun (bottom tier of the advents list) turned very rare at the same time as the peppermint bun, but I'm guessing the lilac bun is lower because of demand...? If the white bun is going to be added, maybe it should be with the lilac bun...?
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chrissy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:08 am

Vintage. wrote:
I think the white bunny should be on the advent list. It turned very rare in Jan. 2011, while the Peppermint Bun turned very rare in March 2011 (and is on the list).

I do disagree with that, for the problems of demand. When I first saw that bunnies picture for when you posted it, I originally thought it was a Very Common.

Just because it is an all white bunny doesn't mean it's VC. That's like saying the BA looks VC. C:
I also would like to agree to this change for the same reasons nick pointed out. They were both adoptable, so why not place it on the lowest tier?

my birthday is january 4th!

my flight rising
battle.net - capricorn #1317
Chrissy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxerOwl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:14 am

nickjr wrote:

Huh, that's interesting. And they were both adoptable bunnies, not banner bunnies, so it's not like one was more widely available than the other or something. Is there really such a huge gap in demand?

Sidenote: the Lilac bun (bottom tier of the advents list) turned very rare at the same time as the peppermint bun, but I'm guessing the lilac bun is lower because of demand...? If the white bun is going to be added, maybe it should be with the lilac bun...?

I disagree with you, although I agree with Vintage.

The Lilac Bun has some demand, since I traded it to a bunny collector for their Dark Wood Dog. This bunny, like Vintage said, reminded me of this bunny here: Image

That was from the Easter hunt this year. The demand of the VR bunny, however, practically has zero. Even if it did turn VR at the same time as the Pep. Bun, it doesn't mean it's rarer than the Lilac Bun or anything. I think that bunny should remain off-list.
foxer :: any pronouns :: mostly inactive on here
DA :: FR
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raichern » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:15 am

Hey guys, how big is the gap between the Advents list and normal rares? Ex 1 first tier advent = x09's, I think it would be great if you posted this in the first post ?
*****I WILL BE UNACTIVE UNTIL 2018-03-05 DUE TO GOING AWAY. ILL REPLY TO YOU AS FAST AS POSSIBLE***

I accept commissions if the price is right. You can see what I can do here: http://eiuchiarnweichern.deviantart.com/

Trade thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=586674

I create animated icons! Check out my art shop:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2983144&p=96330293#p96330293
Raichern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:21 am

F o x ♥ wrote:
nickjr wrote:

The Lilac Bun has some demand, since I traded it to a bunny collector for their Dark Wood Dog. This bunny, like Vintage said, reminded me of this bunny here: Image

That was from the Easter hunt this year. The demand of the VR bunny, however, practically has zero. Even if it did turn VR at the same time as the Pep. Bun, it doesn't mean it's rarer than the Lilac Bun or anything. I think that bunny should remain off-list.

But how much of the lilac bun's demand is because of the rares list? The bunny collector might have only paid a dark wood dog because the lilac bun is on the rares list.

(By the way, the white VR bun turned VR before the peppermint and lilac buns, not at the same time.)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxerOwl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:25 am

nickjr wrote:But how much of the lilac bun's demand is because of the rares list? The bunny collector might have only paid a dark wood dog because the lilac bun is on the rares list.

You're right, the Lilac bun would have no demand if it wasn't on the rares list. I just don't think that white/yellow bun belongs on the list, as I don't think it would gain any extra demand. It'd be a dead weight for people who have it, nobody wants it (just a guess here, from past bunny trades I've done) , and people can't trade up.
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:28 am

And since the lilac bun wouldn't have any demand if it wasn't in the list... Well, that's the situation of the VR white bun right now, so since the lilac bun is on the list, shouldn't the white bun get the same treatment, especially since it turned VR before the lilac bun...?

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chrissy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:39 am

F o x ♥ wrote:

Okay. This made me smile a bit. Since the white bunny turned rare before the Lilac Bun, it is rarer than the Lilac. The white bunny should be put on the List, seeing as people only pay advent list for the Lilac simply because it is on the Rare's List. It makes sense, since it is rarer than the Lilac Bun.
I'm not saying by any means it should be put up to where the Peppermint Bunny is, but it should at least be placed on the lowest tier.

my birthday is january 4th!

my flight rising
battle.net - capricorn #1317
Chrissy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FoxerOwl » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:09 am

LeBlanc wrote:
Okay. This made me smile a bit. Since the white bunny turned rare before the Lilac Bun, it is rarer than the Lilac. The white bunny should be put on the List, seeing as people only pay advent list for the Lilac simply because it is on the Rare's List. It makes sense, since it is rarer than the Lilac Bun.
I'm not saying by any means it should be put up to where the Peppermint Bunny is, but it should at least be placed on the lowest tier.

I got my dates mixed up. I mean to say it wasn't rarer than the Pep. Bun. I don't know, that "This made me smile a bit" makes me feel stupid. :?

nickjr wrote:And since the lilac bun wouldn't have any demand if it wasn't in the list... Well, that's the situation of the VR white bun right now, so since the lilac bun is on the list, shouldn't the white bun get the same treatment, especially since it turned VR before the lilac bun...?

Fine, the bun goes on the list.
by B-lackhusky @ DA
FoxerOwl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shisien » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:10 am

Just a quick little question about the list, with the new UR's will they be added to the list? I'm just wondering because I just got as trade for a UR ice cat and I would like to know. ^^
Thank you~
My art isn't wanted here, and now I feel unwanted here.
Shisien

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me