May 2024 Discussion Thread

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: May 2024 Discussion Thread

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Sat May 18, 2024 5:26 am

June Bug wrote:Some of these are a little stylized and mushrooms are hard enough to ID so I'll give a couple hints for these two~

I had to cheat on this one a little and incorporate a key feature in a different way so as not to make it too disturbing~

/snip

My immediate first thought when you said it was 'disturbing' along with what little we can see of it is 'bleeding tooth fungus'. If so, I agree it could have been quite disturbing if you drew out the beads of dark red liquid on a white background lmao...

MissionFlight wrote:
Haha I had a feeling opinions on the dog litter would be divided! Seems like some people love them and some people hate them.
I think the CMYK colors are quite fun but I definitely understand that they can be a bit much sometimes.
Figured I would give it a go anyway :?

They make me feel like I need to wear those blue/red '3D' glasses, looking at them gives me the same feeling as the '3D' comics I read as a kid.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat May 18, 2024 5:59 am

Silver Tiger~ wrote:
June Bug wrote:Some of these are a little stylized and mushrooms are hard enough to ID so I'll give a couple hints for these two~

I had to cheat on this one a little and incorporate a key feature in a different way so as not to make it too disturbing~

/snip

My immediate first thought when you said it was 'disturbing' along with what little we can see of it is 'bleeding tooth fungus'. If so, I agree it could have been quite disturbing if you drew out the beads of dark red liquid on a white background lmao...
*snip*

Oh boy, I think you have that one nailed! And the "key feature" being the red droplets... Is the eye representing those droplets?

And the brown one does grow on trees, then? Hmm, I'll have to do some more digging then, I love tree mushrooms <3

EDIT:
Oh my goodness. Not really finding much on my search for tree mushrooms with a stipe but I am loving this google search rabbit hole, so many beautiful mushrooms <3
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSable » Sat May 18, 2024 12:09 pm

Silver Tiger~ wrote:

/snip

I just looked up 'bleeding tooth fungus' and I am deeply disturbed. Not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't that :shock:. The flora and fauna of Earth is so crazy with some plants and creatures!
Dream Pets - Zodiac Dogs

I love Cows, Chickens and all things Equine!! Also any exotic type pets like alpacas and big cats

✧ Pro 🏳️‍🌈+ ✧ Pro animal welfare ✧ K-Pop ✧ LOTR/Hobbit ✧ Marvel ✧ HP ✧ Haikyuu ✧
✧ She/Her ✧ INFP-T ✧ Taurus ✧ Had Cancer 🎗 ✧ ADHD ✧ ASD ✧ Ally ✧
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SilverSable

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Omiyage » Sat May 18, 2024 1:51 pm

I wonder why they didn't keep the new pound stuff.. It was great for me, it was nice to be able to adopt something cool even if you weren't .005 seconds on the dot. :/
Well, it's their site I just live in it. 😆
Random music I change every few days: 🎵🎶
Icon CreditGreyscale CollectionSouvenirs
Thank you to those who have so kindly gifted/traded me. ^^
Imageお土産Image
Omiyage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~SNCastiel<3~ » Sat May 18, 2024 1:57 pm

Omiyage wrote:

I wonder why they didn't keep the new pound stuff.. It was great for me, it was nice to be able to adopt something cool even if you weren't .005 seconds on the dot. :/

I agree with you! I'm kinda bummed they reverted back to the old way. :\ oh welllll
ImageImage

HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths, enwrought with golden and silver light,
the blue and the dim and the dark cloths of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet. But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.
~William Butler Yeats~
~SNCastiel<3~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AuroraFier » Sat May 18, 2024 2:27 pm

I looked up the bleeding tooth fungus and I absolutely love it!!! I kinda hope the pink deer is named/inspired by it!!!
Last edited by AuroraFier on Sat May 18, 2024 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet's name: Clouds
AuroraFier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Sat May 18, 2024 2:35 pm

~SNCastiel<3~ wrote:
Omiyage wrote:

I agree with you! I'm kinda bummed they reverted back to the old way. :\ oh welllll

I think you both are misinterpreting the front page message, unless there's another admin post somewhere I'm missing. If you look at the Percentage Over Time graphs on the spreadsheet where we've been tracking pound data you'll see that there's a noticeable change in how many rares/VRs/etc were available in each opening starting in early April (after they resumed normal-sized openings post-Easter). You can also see it changed back within the last week. This, I believe, is what it was referring to on the front page, not the "extended release of rares over a few minutes" update. This reversion is actually a good thing, as there were fewer rare+ pets in the Pound over the last month than usual! (It is unfortunate that we haven't been tracking specific numbers for lower rarities so I don't know how the common/uncommon brackets were distributed, maybe the number of VUC/EUCs was increased to balance the rare decrease? But we'll never know.)
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Celozon » Sat May 18, 2024 3:33 pm

iHolli wrote:

{ another black variegated hooded !! I'm so delighted to have another, it's great fun exploring the different ways markings can show up. I've had so many batches where I was the only person who could tell my rats apart cause I knew the subtle differences! ♡

I'm glad someone is enjoying them! I think its really cool how much variation there can be even in just a single marking. A lot of the current natural rat designs on the site are accurate to what a marking is supposed to look like, but a doesn't necessarily reflect people's own pet rats which are usually undermarked or overmarked, so I though it would be nice to do a litter showing variation on a common marking.

I also maay have really wanted to include the rats that inspired me to make the original lineart edits in the first place, my sister's two black hooded rats, Cheeto and Zoro;
(I had to bribe them so they would sit still)
And their corresponding outcomes;
ImageImage

I was originally going to include Zoro in the Easter litter but ended up switching it out at the last minute and putting in the Dalmatian outcome instead (which actually ended up being one of my favorites) and deciding I'd do another litter later with both of them. Anyway, I was just very excited to include them, and part of the goal was to just bring in a bit more variation on natural rat designs and maybe end up matching other people's pet rats as well.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimanta » Sat May 18, 2024 4:50 pm

SilverSable wrote:
Silver Tiger~ wrote:

/snip

I just looked up 'bleeding tooth fungus' and I am deeply disturbed. Not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't that :shock:. The flora and fauna of Earth is so crazy with some plants and creatures!

And fungi is actually neither flora nor fauna! :D
One of the many things that fascinate me about them is the fact that they're actually more closely related to animals than they are to plants, though they're not that closely related to us, they are very much their own thing!

Two main reasons why they're closer to us than to plants are because they respire and they are consumers. They "breath" oxygen and release CO2 and they "eat" other organisms (in their case usually already dead and decaying organic matter) to gain energy rather than produce their own energy through photosynthesis like plants do.

They are such fascinating organisms and the more I learn about them, the more I love them <3
I wouldn't even consider them vegan if you're into that lifestyle but that's a whole other discussion.
If you can dream it, you can do it ~~ Walter Elias Disney
ImageImageImage
For every one minute you don't smile, you lose 60 seconds of happiness
Minimanta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Sat May 18, 2024 5:34 pm

Celozon wrote:
iHolli wrote:

{ another black variegated hooded !! I'm so delighted to have another, it's great fun exploring the different ways markings can show up. I've had so many batches where I was the only person who could tell my rats apart cause I knew the subtle differences! ♡

I'm glad someone is enjoying them! I think its really cool how much variation there can be even in just a single marking. A lot of the current natural rat designs on the site are accurate to what a marking is supposed to look like, but a doesn't necessarily reflect people's own pet rats which are usually undermarked or overmarked, so I though it would be nice to do a litter showing variation on a common marking.

I also maay have really wanted to include the rats that inspired me to make the original lineart edits in the first place, my sister's two black hooded rats, Cheeto and Zoro;
(I had to bribe them so they would sit still)
And their corresponding outcomes;
ImageImage

I was originally going to include Zoro in the Easter litter but ended up switching it out at the last minute and putting in the Dalmatian outcome instead (which actually ended up being one of my favorites) and deciding I'd do another litter later with both of them. Anyway, I was just very excited to include them, and part of the goal was to just bring in a bit more variation on natural rat designs and maybe end up matching other people's pet rats as well.

I love these rats so much! My special boy was a black variegated hood and i miss him so much, seeing these brought back a lot of good memories <3
Selling 1,350+ Rares for C$!
Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me