How to Grow Your Trade Group (Discussion)

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Postby Ruhn Danaan » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:40 am

Hello Everyone! I'm creating this in hopes that it may help not just myself but anyone else who may be struggling.

I've been on this website off and on since 2011 and I've never really had any decent pets to trade. I see all these people who have thousands of pets, including multiple lists, for trade. And my question is, how?

It seems like every time I find a pet I'm looking for that's rare+ I have to sacrifice something from my collection to achieve it.

So, does anyone have any tips on how to obtain better pets for trading without sacrificing pets that are part of current collections?

I know C$ is always an option but not everyone is able to afford their own or has high enough demand pets to sell.

I look forward to any tips, questions, or input from all you amazing people!
"Scars only show us where we've been. They do not dictate where we are going." - Sgt. Harrison Scott (Criminal Minds)
Ruhn Danaan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: How to Grow Your Trade Group (Discussion)

Postby AlexHargreeves » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:42 am

What i do sometimes when im getting low is going around and adopting from adoption centers! There's some that require WL only but some that don't so i jut find ones that dont and adopt a few pets from them to put in my trade group
Join the amazing LTCS discord server today! Image
AlexHargreeves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruhn Danaan » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:49 am

AlexHargreeves wrote:What i do sometimes when im getting low is going around and adopting from adoption centers! There's some that require WL only but some that don't so i jut find ones that dont and adopt a few pets from them to put in my trade group

That's a very good idea! I will definitely have to look through, I have plenty of pets to donate too so that would definitely make me feel better lol
"Scars only show us where we've been. They do not dictate where we are going." - Sgt. Harrison Scott (Criminal Minds)
Ruhn Danaan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fluffing » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:50 am

I've been on this site since the Christmas event and I've amassed quite a few valuable pets and around 5k C$ in my current balance. The main thing I would say is demand, such an important factor that a lot of traders don't want to acknowledge, but everyone has species they like and things they're looking for, and if you find the right person you'll be sure to get overpay in some regard.

Another thing that has helped me is opening my mind to C$, a lot of people don't want to trade their pets for C$ because it's something you can just buy instead of having to aquire yourself. However, a lot of people have C$ stores (majority are overpriced in my opinion) but you can find once in a blue moon people selling pets for the price they should be (ie 2022-2023 rares for 5C$) and if you manage to aquire a decent amount of C$ you can quickly bulk out your trade folder. The best way to get C$ is through events, a lot of people hate the whole selling monthlies and event pets thing which I understand, but also this is a trading game so unfortunately you're always going to have people willing to pay for high demand outcomes. I made 5k over this easter event by selling event pets for tokens, and then selling tokens for C$, it was pretty lucrative and other than the price bullying of other traders it was a good way for me to get C$.

I've loved the concept of trading and business in general since I was a child, and on other sites and games this has been something I've always enjoyed, but the most important tip is just to be business minded, consider what pets trade well, the species and events rather than just trying to stock up on older pets. I hate the 2-1 rule so much because you can have a 2009 rat that will in no way shape or form ever be worth 2 2010 dogs. It's just not how this game works and people that always stick to rules that have been advocated in random trade threads never manage to get better pets. If you're always considering completely 'by the book' trades you'll never have the chance to get better pets because you'll always be trading things for their exact value, you'll always stay the same.

You need to think outside the box, think on what people are trading for and want and find ways of finding people that are willing to overpay for them. That's the only way to build your collection and a lot of people don't want to hear it because they think it 'isn't fair' or it's not following the exact rules that other trades have tried to force on all of us but if you want to build your collection and you're newer to the game it's just something you have to be willing to do.

Either that or you can lurk around the free pets forums long enough to strike gold and get a OMGSR pet from someone whos quitting, or log-in for every pound and try your luck, but if you enjoy trading like me this is the best way in my experience!

Side note but with trading be prepared for rejection, 5-10% of the trades I send out are actually accepted, and typically the ones that are outweigh the effort of the ones that aren't. Be willing to annoy people and get blocked, be willing to be persistent and trade with a bunch of people and receive a bunch of cancellations, it's just the way of the game. You're not going to get good pets unless you put real effort into trading with enough people that you eventually get enough people to accept. A lot of people on here want to collect and will only trade doubles, whilst others will see your pet and not really care about how high demand theirs is, so be willing to trade with all types of people and consider hiking the price for people that are specifically looking for your pet.
fluffing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ruhn Danaan » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:18 am

fluffing wrote:I've been on this site since the Christmas event and I've amassed quite a few valuable pets and around 5k C$ in my current balance. The main thing I would say is demand, such an important factor that a lot of traders don't want to acknowledge, but everyone has species they like and things they're looking for, and if you find the right person you'll be sure to get overpay in some regard.

Thank you!! This is exactly the input I was hoping to receive. This is extremely helpful and hopefully with some adjustments to my trading tactics I'll be able to up my trade groups and C$ balance a bit. I really appreciate it!
Ruhn Danaan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me