Is it worth it?

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Is it worth it?

Postby NandNsmom » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:20 pm

I am definitely over 18 and basically old but when I saw the store pets I was very discouraged. I usually purchase them but the jump in price doesn't really seem worth it. I understand inflation has affected everyone but knowing something is going to go up every year for an electric game, where does it stop?

Example:
2021 $70
2022 $80
2023 $100
2024 $150

I'm not really a math person but an almost 50% increase seems high. Now if anyone feels like bashing me, don't. I understand inflation has struck us all. I'm just not sure it is worth it and would like feedback.

Thank you
I am a grandmother and mother to some beautiful people. This is for fun and I am not very good at it but I am still trying.

Happy Holidays
NandNsmom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Is it worth it?

Postby S0undH0und » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:22 pm

I'm pretty sure the previous batch, the dragon dogs, were 100C$, and so were the Kangaroos before that.
as far as I can tell, the price actually varies from how many pets are in the batch. Considering this new batch has 8 pets in total instead of the regular 4-5, I'd say it definitely is worth it.

Edit:
The last 3 sets, which included:
4 Butterfly Wolves
4 Kangaroos + Joey
4 Dragon Dogs
all were 100C$ for the full set.
Which means each pet would go for around 20-25C$
but their prices tend to spike once they're out of store. So they end up going for much more than they were sold for originally.
Last edited by S0undH0und on Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pipe down with the noise, I cannot bear my sorrow.
I hate who I was before."

Hi!
I'm Vex
They/Them
Cryptid Enthusiast
S0undH0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby See_Air_Ruhh_ » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:23 pm

I don't usually purchase store pets, but I do want to point out this batch is 8 pets instead of the usual 4 or 5. I'd have to go back and check to see how much the last set was bc I don't remember. 😅 I'll come back at correct myself once I check. 😂
See_Air_Ruhh_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NandNsmom » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:28 pm

I didn't realize the 8 pets so the ratio is good but is this designer pets worth more? I just looked at past store purchases and I always paid the 70 or 80 or 100. It is definitely going up, which is understandable to a point.
I am a grandmother and mother to some beautiful people. This is for fun and I am not very good at it but I am still trying.

Happy Holidays
NandNsmom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby S0undH0und » Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:36 pm

Yugi designed the entire batch. As far as I can tell, Their CS designs are often full of line edits and unique in their own special ways!
Some examples of other designs by them below:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
They have a distinct style that definitely adds special worth to these pets. It's Yugi's second time making a Store Pet batch as well.

I'd say the reason their price went up might also be because the site has more artists to pay now, as it grew, and so they might need some extra money to pay those artists and manage the site properly! Hosting a big site like CS is probably not cheap at all.
"Pipe down with the noise, I cannot bear my sorrow.
I hate who I was before."

Hi!
I'm Vex
They/Them
Cryptid Enthusiast
S0undH0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NandNsmom » Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:40 am

Thank you all for your comments. Sometimes it is easy to put things in the correct perspective with more information or information from a different input.

Happy Holidays
NandNsmom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me