For all us oldies..

Discussion about the Pets, Items, Dress-ups, Events, Site, Forum or other CS features!

Re: For all us oldies..

Postby satuurnity » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:02 am

BlueEyedKite wrote:It's not just the purple sleipnir! My other Halloween token pets say cs store as well!

koi

bunny

It was token trades but it was through the cs store until they had another mechanic to replace it. Just like the pound user to be an account you send trades to. Not like that in 2023

Wait you can't trade with the pound anymore? How do you send pets there then?
satuurnity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:10 am

satuurnity wrote:
BlueEyedKite wrote:It's not just the purple sleipnir! My other Halloween token pets say cs store as well!

koi

bunny

It was token trades but it was through the cs store until they had another mechanic to replace it. Just like the pound user to be an account you send trades to. Not like that in 2023

Wait you can't trade with the pound anymore? How do you send pets there then?

The first instance of the pound was not a page you went to with randomized pets. It was an account, like any user, and when the pound opened you got access to the pets to adopt. Just like any pet group, the oldest pets were at the end of the group. So when the pound opened everyone knew to click the last page in the pet group (I wanna say I remember like 800 pages lol) and send a trade for the last pet on the page. There was a person on the other end, Tess, to accept the trades. If your trade was canceled that just meant someone got to the pet before you. So you rushed to send a trade for another pet. No simple click of a button for us. But it made it easy to see where the rare pets were :lol:
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AncientEldritch » Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:09 am

Today I was thinking about my really early days on CS. I wish I'd been more involved back in 2008 but, if I recall correctly, I just wanted the pets to add them to my proboards signatures like I'd seen my friends do haha. I don't think I really "played" until 2010-2011. Now I come back here and there to collect!

AncientEldritch on Toyhou.se and Deviantart!

I love sending gifts and live for Halloween and Holibombs, though I use any holiday as an excuse to send random gifts.

AncientEldritch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sighs_alot » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:39 pm

Hello! I’ve been here for so long and consider it my first website I used consistently and it’s what got me into furry art! Which has been good and bad lol.

I remember when I joined there wasn’t a limit to how many pets you could adopt from a litter and idk why I just didn’t get more than a couple! ;0;
Image.........

┌──────────────┐

................sighs
she/they | adult | queer | artist
nature, drawing, animals, video games,
food, plants, rain, cartoons, coffeeImage

└──────────────┘
sighs_alot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ice Flower » Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:42 pm

Since it's near the end of easter and the first pet I obsessed with when I first joined was that 2011 caramel-ish horse with bells, I went down a nostalgia rabbit hole and here's what I remember:

There was this one old user that suddenly started auctioning all of their list pets for massive amounts of chickens. Does anybody remember that?

Then there was this random common (?) dog that ppl decided to mass hoard and everyone was trying to hoard them as a "In your face" moment to rarities

The dress up challenges weren't a thing and people held dress up contests in the free adoption forums. I had an ongoing contest thingy myself.

The Jelly bean dragons and the frenzy they caused.

Back when you couldn't adjust item layering and dress ups were a pain in the neck.

After hunger games came out the role-playing thread was just filled to the brim with hunger games roleplays.

When some users were trying to make a chicken smoothie movie.
Ice Flower

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:12 am

Ice Flower wrote:When some users were trying to make a chicken smoothie movie.

Oh my gosh, I missed that but I want to know more XD
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EnochianGhost » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:03 am

Ice Flower wrote:Then there was this random common (?) dog that ppl decided to mass hoard and everyone was trying to hoard them as a "In your face" moment to rarities

oh yeah, i remember this! i believe we were trying to artificially raise the demand on a dog that nobody really cared about. i remember finding my extras and putting them in a locked group in the hopes that if i waited a while to trade them this project would make them worth a bunch more.
i wish i could remember which dog it was. all i remember is that it was grey and red
♡ Pet Spotlight ♡
♡ Art Spotlight ♡
ImageImage

Call me Ghost.
She/he pronouns.

THIGDAAo3

ImageImage
EnochianGhost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery