learning new language what one?

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: learning new language what one?

Postby Chia » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:51 am

Aesse wrote:German and easy? O_o the speaking itself isn't verry hard, that is true, but if she has to start with the writing, the gramar, the spelling... ya can't ever say that german is an easy language O_o""

I think it's more easy than french or any other laguage.
Chia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aesse » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:54 am

Lol thats cause You are german x'D and it depends on the motivation, I normaly dun speak german xD and I was verry motivated so it took me only a year to learn the language, but if you son't wanna learn a language but have to, like french (my case xD) I already had 5 years and still suck at it badly xD
ImageImageImage
Art by me :)
Aesse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nyhne » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:29 pm

I don't speak another language, but I'm self teaching myself Russian right now... it's a lot easier to write for me (with google translate, unfortunatly... -__-) than pronounce, but I guess it depends on how easily you can pick up a language. Some people can go really easily with it, and some people could pick it up really easily, but are too lazy too. (aka me) And then there are those who just have flat out trouble learning another language.

For Japanese, I hear that the Kanji is pretty tough... and Chinese you have to worry about all the characters AND the pinyins....um....well you probably won't do Russian, soo.....haha. And you don't want to learn Spanish (I second your opinion)...maybe French or German, like the people before me have said....

Another thing you should look at when picking a languge, is to know someone you can talk to. Like I know people online and in real life who I could speak Russian to, so it would make more sense than Chinese, for me. If you have a friend or someone you know who speaks Swedish, I would say go for it!
But I personally think it would be really cool to do a minor language like Estonian or something... ^^;

You also might want to consider how useful the language will be to you. Spanish would be very useful, but like I said, I second your opinion... :lol: Chinese or Japanese or German would probably be useful to know as well, especially Chinese and Japanese...

I don't know how you will be learning your language(self teach, tutor, friend), but if you do self teach, or even any other kind, I really suggest watching something (a movie, a show, a song, ect.) that you really love and know fairly well in the language.....like sometimes I'll watch Russian Spongebob since I know the words to almost all the episodes and I can see how it would be spoken and the such....just as a helper!

Good look Wolfie! ^ ^
formally user asiandragon; you can call me Roshon!
no pronouns preferred (they/them accepted) | adult | queer | tumblr
I haven’t been on CS in 10 years; lots of pets from 2010/2011, let’s trade!
Nyhne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CowsRkool » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:56 pm

I'm learning Spanish in school, and I really like it. It's kinda easy though. I know Chinese (Mandarin) pretty well. I recognize the basic characters (like the ones for big, little, mountain, person, etc.), and I understand it really well (both my parents are Chinese, and they almost always speak Chinese or a mixture of Chinese and English at home). I went to Chinese school for about four years, but I stopped last year because I was really starting to hate it, since it felt more like my parents forcing me to learn it than me really wanting to learn it. Trust me, if you really want to learn a language, you'll learn it and remember it a lot better than someone who really doesn't want to learn it.

I've always wanted to learn Italian, Russian, German, and Arabic (although the last one seems pretty hard). I want to study Latin when I get to high school, too. I never really liked French (my friend loves it; she has grandparents that speak French and a French pen-pal). It's weird, since I was born in Canada. French is a cool language though. I've always liked the way it sounds, I just can't pronounce the words right.
~Canadian Pride~
When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
~Sherlock Holmes, from The Sign of the Four

Oxe Harbrea Sacrus Vax Dragga Onus Savonus Sophos At Ere

Pet's name: Ciaran
CowsRkool

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ebonpyre » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:11 am

I know several languages, I don't know how hard they'd be for someone else to learn...
I know:
French
Spanish (Easy for me since my sister and her husband both speak spanish and english)
Anglo-Saxon (Had to learn it a couple of years ago in school)
English (Well, duh! But I can also understand old english pretty well)
I already know a little of these languages, learning more this year in School:
Sanskrit
Aryan
Arabic
Chinese (I only know a tiny bit, like my name and my friends' names)
Germaic
Latin

I can almost speak Elfish (fictional, Lord of the rings) fluently. It's fun, since hardly anyone else knows what I'm saying :lol:

"I just know when my partner's in trouble."
ebonpyre @ toyhouse
#40180 @ flight rising
Ebonpyre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluejeans » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:18 am

if you want a dead language, why not try Irish, Its pretty hard..

Slan!
ImageImage
"I was a singer
Not a very popular one"
bluejeans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Charley_bay » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:08 am

I'm learning Spanish right now....... basically because I'll use it a whole bunch (My church's conference joined with a church in Argentina), and because it's the only language my school offers lol. But I already know the basic concepts, my sister taught me many things since I was little. It's cool because a good many of the words sound like the English version of that word- makes it so much easier!
Once school starts for me (Starts the 8th of September) I probably won't be on as much, as I am starting High School, and pretty much everything envolving the HS is more important than my game on CS. XD I need some time off anyways, I'm starting to get addicted. :S

Charley_bay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me