ENGLISH: Could you check my short essay (190words)?

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

ENGLISH: Could you check my short essay (190words)?

Postby Satninka » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:25 am

Hi!
I'm looking for some native speaker which could help me check my work for school. It's short review. :)

Thank you so much!

I would like to introduce you my favorite café Star. It’s situated in the centre of Prague nearby the main square. You can’t buy lunch or dinner in there, but if you like tea or coffee, you will love this place.
When you walk in you can smell the scent of fresh coffee. There is not much light because windows are blacked out, but it gives the place cosy atmosphere. The service is welcoming and always cheerful. If you don’t know much about tea or coffee, you can ask for advice and they will always help. The interior is colorful and original, walls are full of pictures and photos.
There is no kitchen in this café, but if you’re hungry, I recommend to have waffles with ice-cream, fresh fruit and chocolate topping – it’s delicious! I also love their specialty – baked fruit tea.
I would recommend the Star café to everyone. It’s great for families when children are tired after Sunday walk, as well as for students which want to rest after long school day.
Satninka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ENGLISH: Could you check my short essay (190words)?

Postby ectophasm » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:16 am

Like, have the Grammar Police check it? Alright, let's do this!
Satninka wrote:I would like to introduce you my favorite café Star. It’s situated in the centre of Prague nearby the main square. You can’t buy lunch or dinner in there, but if you like tea or coffee, you will love this place.

After fix:
I would like to introduce you to my favorite café, Café Star.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Satninka wrote:There is not much light because windows are blacked out, but it gives the place cosy atmosphere. The service is welcoming and always cheerful. If you don’t know much about tea or coffee, you can ask for advice and they will always help. The interior is colorful and original, walls are full of pictures and photos.

After fix:
There is not much light because the windows are blacked out, but it gives the place a cozy atmosphere.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You really only had 2 problems, which is pretty good for someone which doesn't have english as their mother tongue!
What is your native language, anyway?
hwoouh
ectophasm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ENGLISH: Could you check my short essay (190words)?

Postby Schuyler » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:16 am

A few more (minor) mistakes:
It’s situated in the centre of Prague, near the main square.

The interior is colorful and original, and the walls are full of pictures and photos.

There is no kitchen in this café, but if you’re hungry, I recommend having waffles with ice-cream, fresh fruit and chocolate topping – it’s delicious!

It’s great for families when children are tired after Sunday walk, as well as for students who want to rest after a long school day.

The only real problem I notice is that you sometimes forget to use articles ("the" and "a",) so just remember to keep that in mind and keep practicing! Otherwise, your grammar, vocabulary, and sentence structure are all very good. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage