♚❤LEARN/TEACH GERMAN❤♚

Discussion in other languages - Deutsch • Español • Français • Italiano • Nederlands • Polski • Русский • Svenska • 日本語 • 中文

Re: Learn/Teach German - BECOME A MEMBER NOW <3

Postby RavenclawHobbit » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:56 pm

What a neat idea! I'd like to see this idea get off the ground.

*Username: Tag, Ich bin RavenclawHobbit!
*German Level: Beta

*Why do you think you are at this level?: I have taken 5 years of German in school plus a good deal of independent study. While I have never visited Germany, my teacher was a native speaker. I am not fluent and I am always trying to improve, but I have a decent grasp on the language.

*What is your main goal in joining this group?: I LOVE German! I would love to take some classes from some "alphas", and I'd like to do some teaching myself as well.

*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): No thank you, I will check the thread now and then for updates. It is okay to PM me with specific stuff, I'd just prefer not to get "group updates" if you know what I mean.

Favorite learning tool/website: http://www.mein-deutschbuch.de is an effective grammar resource. Also, one of my favorite "fun" ways to study is to look up popular English songs dubbed in German. There's a neat Youtube playlist of German songs here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8EC9DB45BBE272E

*Timezone: EST
First Language: English

How often are you online?: 5 days a week for 20-60 minutes or more.

Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?:Ja wohl!
Bring your daylight, bring your dark,
    ~~~~~~~Share your silence, and unpack your heart.

My DAMy Art BlogCharacter WebsiteAsk Gavin & Chase
About Me: Call me Raven or Meg, whichever you fancy. I'm female, vegetarian, a guinea pig owner, artist, and horseback rider. I love fandoms, from Harry Potter to Game of Thrones to Chaos Walking to Sherlock and most recently, Star Wars!. I don't log in as frequently as I used to, so please be patient when waiting for PMs and trades.
RavenclawHobbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:29 pm

Hallo nochmal!

Well, I don't feel I need formal lessons or that I'm really up for teaching someone, but I'd love to hang around and answer German questions informally if anyone needs it. Let me know if you want me to fill out a form or something anyway.

Also, please don't bump your thread so often. You should only bump once you're thread has left the first page of the board it's in, which in the International Board can take days. As long as your thread is somewhere on the first page, anyone who visits that section of the forum will see it and post if they're interested.

Edit: Oh well, I guess I will just fill out the form now and then you can decide what you want to do with me. ^^ But to be clear, I'm not looking to join as a student or teacher. I'd just like to offer my help where I'm needed.

Username: Schuye Chevalier (Schuye)

German Level: Intermediate (Or Gamma / Betta--to be honest, I'm not a big fan of those rankings, though, as having taken German for __ number of years in school doesn't indicate your level and certainly doesn't make you that close to fluent. I don't feel like there really is any level in between having only a few vocabulary or grammar issues and being fluent [you can also be fluent but not a native speaker.] But anyway, that's just my two cents. :P)

Why do you think you are at this level?: I've had seven years of German in school and have been studying independently since I graduated, and I consider myself fairly good at the language. My main problem at this point is the lack of advanced vocabulary.

What is your main goal in joining this group?: I guess my goal is mostly to encourage others to learn German and help out where I can. I don't really need help learning myself, as I believe the best way for me to improve now is just by observing how native speakers talk and write and picking up new words when they pop up.

Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group?: Sure, why not?

Favorite learning tool/website: I don't use websites to learn, so none really. My studies have involved learning in person as part of a class at school and reading, watching, listening to, etc. various German materials to learn better vocabulary and grammar.

Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (UTC/GMT-4)

First Language: English

How often are you online?: Several hours every day. Even when I'm not online, I have my phone nearby with e-mail notifications on, so I can usually read and respond to messages very quickly.

Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?: Not really

If you said no to the above question, would you do it on an irregular basis? and why?: Same, although I'm always open to a regular, non-lesson type chat in German with learners or native speakers.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scyfir » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:02 pm

hi guys! Soi'd like to join-BUT- i'd like to do it just as Schuye Chevalier- i'm too unregularily online to really teach somebody; and german is a hard language to teach-I'm tutoring german since a few weeks already XD
maybe we could be something like "general helpers" in here?

i might also do a few courses with some people-i'd post it a week or so before it starts, so a few peopkle have time to sign up for it- i just can't do normal lessons.

Username: The Vampiress
German Level: Alpha
Why do you think you are at this level?: German is my mother language (Deutsch ist meiner Muttersprache)
What is your main goal in joining this group?: i'd like to help some interested people learn and improve their german, as well as just meet some new people (Ich würde gerne interessierten Leuten helfen, Deutsch zu lernen oder sich darin zu verbessern, und auch einfach ein paar neue leute kennenlernen.)
Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): yes please (ja bitte)
Favorite learning tool/website: sounds odd, but my piano ^^' just ask if you want to know more^^ (Klingt seltsam, aber mein Klavier^^' fragt einfach, wenn ihr mehr wissen wollt^^
Timezone (please be as specific as possible, not just "central"): GMT + 2 (CET, Central European Time)
First Language: German (Deutsch)
Country (you can be vague and say European, English, etc. or just not share at all): How you might see in my sig, I'm from Germany. (Wie ihr vielleicht an meiner Signatur erkennen könnt, bin ich aus Deutschland.)
How often are you online?: Every day, but during workdays-monday - friday - i'm pretty shortly online, as I'm really busy then. (Jeden Tag, allerdings während der Werktage -Montag - Frritag- nur ziemlich kurz, da ich wirklich viel zu tun hab.)
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?: nope.
If you said no to the above question, would you do it on an irregular basis? and why?: i would teach on an irregular basis, since i can't do it regular due to freetime issues.

Alrighty, see you
~Vampi ^vv^

PS: oh by the way- The Vampiress is pretty long to write, feel free to just call me Vampi or Rah! ^^
Scyfir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Miunari » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:05 pm

*Username: SelenaSilverwolf (My real name is Lisa though, so you can use either name :D)
*German Level: I'm a native speaker. So Alpha.
*Why do you think you are at this level?: Because I live in Germany, speak it everyday and it is my first language xD
*What is your main goal in joining this group?: Uhm... I don't have one, guess helping people would be the closest xD
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N): Nope
Favorite learning tool/website: I have none.
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible, not just "central"): GMT +1
First Language: German
Country (you can be vague and say European, English, etc. or just not share at all): Germany
How often are you online?: Daily.
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?: Nope.
If you said no to the above question, would you do it on an irregular basis? and why?: I don't want to learn German at all, but I'd help you out as a teacher for irregular lessons^^ (kind of like the other two, allthough I'd actually would be able to have a small course.)
Others: I'm hitting my Abitur (= general qualification for university entrance) in May, so I'm kind of good at grammar and stuff like this^^
Also I also have skype so you can just chat with me or talk for pronounciation and stuff over there :D
Miunari

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby friendshapedbox » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:58 am

*Username:~Hikaru & Kaoru~
*German Level:i just know a little so maybe gamma? but i am willing to help
*Why do you think you are at this level?:i suck :(
*What is your main goal in joining this group?:to help people learn german (Even though im not very good)
*Would you like to receive PMs of the latest news/updates from our group? (Y/N):no thank you
Favorite learning tool/website:google translate
*Timezone (please be as specific as possible, not just "central"):central standard time?
First Language:english
Country (you can be vague and say European, English, etc. or just not share at all):canada
How often are you online?:basicly 24/7
Would you like to learn from a teacher/someone who knows German on a regular basis?:i wanna be a teacher
If you said no to the above question, would you do it on an irregular basis? and why?:i wanna be a teacher for every day of the week except sunday and saturday
beebo | he/they | canadian | single
flower mom | the light of my life
signature is a wip | mascot
icon by aubble
friendshapedbox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me