Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby AquilaFuga » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:12 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:
  • #Friesian Assigned to a newbie whose adopter did not contact them.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon, AquilaFuga, Panne, Porcelaine, Fat Unicorn and Nadine.

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Paremleix » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:55 am

Username: Paremleix
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: Instagram
What do you like best so far?: The wide variety of artists.
Any questions?: How do you adopt a pet and see what pets you have?
-Paremeleix❀
Paremleix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kisakei » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Username: Fangdrip
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I am only fluent in English
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Not yet. However, I'm quite excited to begin helping around here.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've been on Chicken Smoothie for a fair amount of time now, and have seen many newbies ask for help with trading, or just getting around without recieving any answers. I myself was quite confused and got little help when I first joined the site. I want to make sure that all new players feel welcome and excited to join the community without confusion or frustration!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I usually check a lot during the day; weekdays may be slower, but I do get on for a few minutes in between my classes. I would say I'm usually on for an hour total on each weekday just by checking in and longer on the weekends.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: I do believe so.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, I would hate to see a newbie get the wrong message!
Art Shop

Looking to get a sig coded. Please reach out if you code :)
Kisakei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pi. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:06 am

I helped out my newbie and am reapplying!

Pi. wrote:Username: Pi.
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I am not fluent in any other language.
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I have had a couple opportunities to help out suers in the CS Help, Suggestions, and Problems forum. These instances include: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I am really motivated to start helping out new users. I certainly remember it being kind of tough to understand Chicken Smoothie when I first joined, and it'd be fantastic if I could help the initial period after joining go more smoothly for others. I know quite a fair bit concerning CS. While not an expert in trading, I do believe that I can say I possess a basic knowledge of it and then a little more. Additionally I am aware of the workings of the many forums here, including both the regular ones and the oekaki forums. Finally I will mention that I consider myself to be a patient individual. I will gladly answer any questions to the best of my ability that my newbie, should I be granted one, brings to me.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am on CS at least once every day of the week. At a minimum, I am on at least 3 hours.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes
ImageImage
-----------

Hey there, I'm Pi!
Need any help? Send a help ticket!
Pi.
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flowercatt » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:07 am

hey! i was assigned a newbie but they never replied to me.
wip
flowercatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seraphine. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:23 am

Username: aph minnesota
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): none, sadly '^.^
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I helped out on here for a bit, and I have a friend or two that I've helped when they first joined, but I don't have direct posts that relate the the help I've given, since most of the times I help out I do it through messages.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've helped out a few new joiners before, and I really loved helping them navigate the site for the first time. I'd like to say I did a good job of helping them out, but that's entirely up to them and how they think I did. I've been on this site for a while, and I'd like to say I understand quite a lot about the site, and could definitely help out a newbie with their questions. It's always been fun to help out people for me, irl or online, so doing things like this is always something I enjoy and try to put as much time into helping out as the newbie needs- I know from when I first joined that this site was harder to navigate than most corn mazes I've been to, and that's coming from someone who has a real terrible sense of direction '^.^ It'd be much easier to get through this site with a guide, and I'm more than happy to be one, if I'm allowed the chance.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on CS at least once a day, unless I'm sick. How long I'm online can depend on how many posts I have to reply to, although it's usually around a half hour or more. During school days I check in between classes for around five minutes a class as well.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yep-!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Why wouldn't I? It'd be impolite to yell and ignore my newbie, especially since they might not understand CS that well ^.^ I'd hate to be the first person my newbie PMs and act all evil to them, that wouldn't help them out at all.
seraphine.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spencer Reid » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:00 am

I have my newbie, and am reapplying!
MinaDog711 wrote:Username: MinaDog711
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Spanish
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I guess I could fimd the posts, but I have had four newbies on here
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have been on Chicken Smoothie for quite awhile now. At the time that I joined, I had a caring friend to show me the ropes and figure stuff out. When I joined, I was a COPPA player, so I didn't have too much to worry about. I focused on my pets and I was happy. When my birthday finally came, I decided to join a few roleplays and boy, was I inexperienced. Heh, I say that lightly, but I was probably more of a burden, a child that they had to babysit, to any roleplays that I joined, rather than a fun friend to roleplay with. I feel that I should be allowed to adopt a newbie partly to save any other roleplays from the bull in a china shop that I was and also so that they don't accept any unfair trades. When I joined, I was smart enough to decline the many upon many trades that I got for my vr bunny (I joined in December) and I would like to save someone else from that. I have since learned to lock my trade groups...
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I am online almost every day, for anywhere from four hours total per day during the week and five to six hours daily during the weekend. During the week I may pop in around 6 am, but I will most definitely be on in the evenings starting at 3:30ish. All times in Pacific Standard Time, or PST.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes, of course!
[/quote]
Spencer Reid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nniighty » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:09 am

Username: nniighty [but call me night or elgantine c:]
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was searching virtual animal games or something? Then this popped up ahh
What do you like best so far?: I don't know :0 hrm.. probably the people?
Any questions?: Not yet. ^^
nniighty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emma_michelle » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:46 pm

Username: emma_michelle
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was searching for animal games
What do you like best so far?: The cute animals and the nice people
Any questions?: nope
My signature is not cool my bro
emma_michelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby celeste5574 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:54 am

Username: celeste5574
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: fluent in English
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: a lot of people on Flight Rising also play this game.
What do you like best so far?: idk
Any questions?: I don't really understand anything, yet, so any tips are helpful. I'll probably read up on all the newbie forums, though.
celeste5574

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me