Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby TheFriendlyKelpie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:42 am

Username: goofyunicorn
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English, and emojis ;)
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I saw it on a group on Facebook. Someone accidentally posted on the wrong group!
What do you like best so far?: EVERYTHING! :D
Any questions?: Not really. Would like to know more about the rarity system though.
TheFriendlyKelpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby robotsnail » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Username: robotsnail
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?:n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?:Through a chatroom
What do you like best so far?:The cute pets and the friendly atmosphere!
Any questions?:Honestly I'm so overwhelmed, and really confused! I just want to know what all these pets mean! Lol

"Shawn White", "Goose", (mother,) "Dr. Hans Jorgenson", "Shawn SpenStar", "Dr. Hauser", "Black","Mr. Shawn" "ManiacManiac19", "Mr. Turner(T-Bone)", "DieHard", "Juan "Priestly", "Sheriff Spencer", "Hickory Pot", "Dry Gulch Slim", "R. P. McMurphy", "William Zane", "Soup Can Phil", "Shawn Gthorndall", "The Catch", "Shawn Womack" "Ryan Filipe" "Spencer" (Carlton Lassiter) , Sonny Boy (Henry) and White Privilege
robotsnail

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TacoTacoXD » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Username: TacoTacoXD
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I speak english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My girlfriend has been telling me all about it so i thought id join
What do you like best so far?: I LOVE the pets there so cute! And the people are so nice!
Any questions?: I'd like to know more about rarities and dates cause i see a lot of people say that
TacoTacoXD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AquilaFuga » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:51 am

Thread Update

The following adopters have been accepted and will be added onto the list:

The following underage adopters have been accepted and will be placed on the list;

The following adopter forms have been declined for the following reasons:
  • Form was inadequate, either did not provide enough information for us to make a decision or it simply did not give us confidence that you could adequately help a newbie. If you are not sure how you can fix this, you may PM a thread-mod about it.

The following newbies have been assigned the following adopters:

Newbies, your adopter will be messaged shortly to notify them that they have been assigned to you, and will hopefully be able to answer all your questions. If they don't contact you within around a week, or if you're having other problems such as they're being rude to you, you don't understand their explanations, or anything like that, you can PM one of our thread mods, and we will assign you to a new adopter as soon as we can.

Our mods are;
>> Celozon & AquilaFuga

In the meantime, I would suggest that you take a little look at the Newbie Guide & Index, if you haven't already. It has some great tips, and could help you while you wait for your adopter.
Last edited by AquilaFuga on Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
x

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Hi! Call me Aquila.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Adopt a Newbie
v
x
AquilaFuga
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥Sterek♥ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:16 am

Username: ♥Sterek♥

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Dutch

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: No, maybe a very long time ago before my hiatus but not in the last 4 years or so :)

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Well, I have seen a lot of people around (especially now with the 18th) that get scammed, or don't know their way around. And it irkes me that nobody helped them out. Aside from that I know my way around the site on ceveral platforms, from roleplaying to trading to a few things about the arts as well.. And because I think it's so much fun to help people out and get to chat to some awesome people!

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: This questions makes me a bit emberassed, but several hours a day for the last few weeks (Since Ive started to be really active again.) In between times I sometimes log on to see if I have any messages or trades so most of the time it won't take longer than 2 hours for me to reply (unless im asleep :silent: )

How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): As I have plenty of time to help people out (Im often working my way around the fair trade thread) I think I won't have trouble helping out 5 people at the same time!

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes, I did.

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course! Otherwise I woudnt have filled out a form.
♥Sterek♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~-jay-~ » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:01 am

Username: ~-jay-~
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: english
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I was bored and searching for adoptable sites.
What do you like best so far?: The game is really cute, and everyone seems quite friendly.
Any questions?: Not right now.
jay ~ homoromantic/asexual ~ female ~ loser
hey i hate myself
Image[/url]
~-jay-~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fairytailkat » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:40 am

Username: fairytailkat
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in English!!
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: A friend has been pestering me to make an account for about a month now so I finally made one to appease her haha
What do you like best so far?: I really like being able to adopt cool looking pets and being able to check out some really cool art that people are making!
Any questions?: None yet, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this community!
HELLO! I am new to CS!

Me and my friend warriorgirl13 are good friends in-person!
fairytailkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zelda The Ferret » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:57 am

Username: Zelda The Ferret
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: Well my first launguage is french, but I took years of studying English, so I may mispell things every now and then
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: People on Animal Jam were talking about it
What do you like best so far?: I really like the forums and the pets and the making new friends part.
Any questions?: Nope, but please note I joined on December 1st, 2017

C'est ma première langue
Last edited by Zelda The Ferret on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
still haven't decided on a name for my new baby
Zelda The Ferret

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aguaster » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:10 am

Username: Aguaster
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I'm fluent in English.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: My friend recommended it to me.
What do you like best so far?: I like to talk on the forum.
Any questions?: No.
Aguaster

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WeFoundWonderland » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:32 am

Beautiful Times wrote:Username: Beautiful Times

Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): None, unfortunately.

Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: 1.viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2951482&start=6010 page 602-603
2.viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3215183&p=103285935#p103285935
3.viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3176563&p=102912231#p102912231
#1 is when I tried encouraging a player, #2 is when I helped in the fair trade thread (I have many other post in that thread as well), and #3 is when I gifted a player who had a form in a dreamie center (I was not a member of the center)

Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: It's important to me. So many new players get ripped off by scammers (especially on Dec 18th) and I want that to stop. I LOVE helping people and I try to do it as much as possible. I try to randomly gift players to help brighten their day, and I assure you if I get assigned a newbie, they will be very spoiled :)
I also noticed on many newbies pages that they do not adopt the larges amount of pets, and I would like to help my newbie and explain to them the importance of adopting all the pets, and what event pets are worth spending tokens on. I remember being a newbie, and it was a really confusing game. I didn't know what forums to go to, where to post, and other things that seem so simple now. Thankfully it was my cousin who introduced me to the site, so she helped me with a ton of stuff. I would like to be that person to someone else wo needs help. Thank you for the opportunity to adopt a newbie!

How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: Every day, unless I am on a vacation, then I may not have access to the internet.

Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course! :)

Hello! I was assigned a newbie last year and they never responded and haven’t been active since. May I be assigned a new newbie? I would like to help two if that is possible. Thank you!
WeFoundWonderland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me