Adopt a Newbie - Moving to new thread

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Adopt a Newbie

Postby NeonFoxPaw » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:32 am

Username: NeonFoxPaw
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I speak in english but i can speak alittle bit Norwegian
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: my older sister used to play years ago but i never found out how to play till about 2 months ago.
What do you like best so far?: The pets
Any questions?: nope
┌───────────────┐

She/They
- My name is Ptolomaea -
- I'm adulting through life currently -
- I write and read most of the time -

└───────────────┘

┌──────┐

└──────┘
xxxxx
┌─────────────────────────┐

Image Image Imagex

└─────────────────────────┘
NeonFoxPaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MoonWolf124 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:23 am

hello i am new and lost just trying to figure this out you can ignore me :? :? :?
MoonWolf124

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby afs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:21 pm

Username: afs
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: n/a
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: I used to be a part of it a very very very long time ago!
What do you like best so far?: How friendly everyone seems and open to newbies!
Any questions?: I don't remember how anything works :lol:
afs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mzrosegamer » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:43 am

Username: Mzrosegamer
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: I am fluent in English but I speak a little German.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: On Howrse
What do you like best so far?: How many pets that I can have. I like that I dont have to buy extra.
Any questions?: I have a few. 1) How would I apply to be a guest artist? 2) How do you "adopt" someones drawing? 3) Do special things happen around a holiday?
Thankyou! :D
Mzrosegamer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pluto. » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:51 pm

Username: HeyImEmma
If you are not fluent in English, what is your preferred language?: French is easier for me, but i am sometimes bad at it.
How did you find Chicken Smoothie?: friends
What do you like best so far?: the super cute pets
Any questions?: not at the moment
──────────{is just an illusion}
┌─────┐

links ★
───────

credit

─────

link
link
link
link
link
link

───────

└─────┘
─────────────────── THE
{is a hologram}─────

Pluto.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:52 pm

Username: FerrousFarron
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): N/A
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: Eh, nothing all that notable. I was able to help out maybe once or twice on the Help boards, in the rare instances where I found a question that nobody had responded to yet. I also have two friends that I've been showing the ropes of the site. But other than that, nothing that I can use for this form.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I have a few reasons; First, I just enjoy helping people and explaining the basics of the site so that new players can make the best of it. Since I didn't have someone to show me around, I progressed pretty slowly to the point of boredom, which caused me to go on hiatus and miss out on quite a lot. If I had known then everything I know now, I probably wouldn't have gone on such a long hiatus! And second, I do aspire to be a General Helper, and having some degree of responsibility is a great way to prepare for that. I want to be a GH because I want to help people, but I think I should definitely see if I can handle helping a few people at a time first, and make sure I can stay online consistently enough to meet the expectations of a GH. Sorry if those are kind of cliche/sappy sounding reasons, but that's really what I think. :oops: But other than that, I do know my way around the site, and I think I would do a good job of helping people grip the basics!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: It varies depending on the time of year, but I am now very much available since we're approaching the holidays and winter break. I'm on every day, for a good number of hours each day during vacations. (In the rare times where I'm not online in the middle of the day, it generally means that something unexpected has come up and I'm busy, but I'll be back online as soon as possible!) However, I am not completely gone during my semesters! I am still able to be online each day for a few hours regardless, especially if the responsibility to be online frequently is there.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 3
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes!

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeonHeart » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:59 am

Username:
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Japanese
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: no
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I like helping people and seeing people grow
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: i am online at least 5 days a week and for about 2 hours
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 2
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes
LeonHeart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Denym_ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:07 am

It’s been about a week and my newbie hasn’t responded, can I be put back on the top of the list?
Username: PTMason
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): non, sorry :/
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: not really
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I joined this site in 2015, then went on hiatus for a bit, but I've now been back for a while and am loving it. I needed a bit of help getting back on my feet when I rejoined, and found the help offered to me by other users invaluable. I want to be able to help people like that as well cause I meant so much to me. I know my way round the site pretty well (except the oakaki boards... I know all the rules, I just can't draw xD) I try and always stay lighthearted and fun, and I'm online quite a bit. I also have it set up so that I get emails when I get a pm, so I'll always know if they asked me something. Also I'm always out to make new friends, so it'll be good to meet people :D
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: every day. I tend to spend a few hours on and off between chicken smoothie and other sites. I'm almost always lurking in the trades forum
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 5
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: yes
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: yes
Doesn’t sound so bad to me...
_Denym_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arsene » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:22 pm

Username: Royalss
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): I can speak basic danish if that counts(?)
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: i have though it was with a friend over skype
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: I've been playing for a few good years now and i feel like i should give back to the community a bit and help out new players! I actually find it fun to help others! I did take a long hiatus and after coming back i had no idea what i was doing anymore, but eventually i figured out how the site works again! Being honest in the future i want to attempt at being a general helper for CS! Of course i'd need to have experience helping other more efficiently for that!
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: a few times a day for an hour or two i'll be on longer soon since winter break is coming up!
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): 2
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Yes i have fully read the information for being an adopter!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: I agree to be respectful, polite, and helpful to my newbie!
"It's Showtime!"
--
Hello! I'm Akia, I'm not too active on this site anymore but it's still fun to come back occasionally and play for a bit. Obviously I like persona 5 (i like the series in general but 5 is a favorite) so feel free to talk to me about that!
--
deviantart//Toyhouse
—————————————————————————
Arsene

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ::madlyhazel » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Username: ::madlyhazel
Languages that you are fluent in (besides English): Only English
Have you helped anyone before anywhere on CS? If so, please link to the post/s: I acted as an adopter on here several years ago, but that was all through PM.
Why should you be allowed to adopt a newbie?: Having been a member on CS for 8 years, I believe I know most of the ins and outs of the site. I'm sure I could adopt a newbie and show them around, as well as becoming their friend.
How often do you get on CS, and how long are you typically online on these days?: I get on CS every day, and I'm usually on here from an hour up to three hours a day.
How many newbies are you willing to adopt (max 5): i'm willing to adopt 3 newbies.
Did you read and understand all of the Adopter information?: Sure did.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course! Newbies need the nicest introduction to our site.
nocturne by kiwi sauce

.sweet and right and merciful

✘ And it's worth it, it's divine
And I have this some of the time
✘ The way she shows me I'm
hers and she is mine
Open hand or closed fist would be fine
✘ The
b l o o d is rare and sweet as cherry wine

▌▎
▌▎
▌▎