The General Helpers

Introduce yourself, find new friends, and get some advice for starting out on CS!

Re: Newbie Helpers

Postby WildDragonfly » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:21 am

Fefe & Fafa wrote:Thank-you! I can now send a message to someone!

Wonderful! ^^

Sorry if I've worried anyone. I'm not dead, just too busy to do my usual leisure activities online. Real life always catches up with you lol.
If you have any questions please ask another one of our awesome General Helpers
<3
WildDragonfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Turq8 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:48 am

Hey, this is great! Very helpful, and I'm glad to see that so many Newbie Helpers speak different languages, it'll definitely make people feel more welcome! I like to help out with the newbies too, but I stalk the Help forum, and occasionally the Introductions forum, so feel free to drop me a pm, I love to chat!
(Possibly) Back after a long hiatus!
If you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask me, I'm always happy to help!

Turq8

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hibiscus. » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:28 pm

I'm new, and how do I get rarer pets if I don't have rare/uncommon pets? i don't think anyone would want this month's newbie pets.
h i b i s c u s .
Hibiscus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:23 pm

It can be difficult at first, especially if you don't happen to luck into getting the rare or uncommon outcomes, but if you keep your spare pets for trading later, they'll increase in value over time - what might be Common now could be Uncommon in a month or two. Also, if you get a slightly less common pet from this month, often you can trade it for a slightly older common pet from the last couple of months, which you might then be able to trade for a slightly older common pet again, and in that way you can build up your older pets. Definitely check out the Free Adoptions, since you can often get older uncommon pets from there with which you can trade up, and keep a close eye on the Pound - if it says it will be opening soon (e.g. 'The pound will be opening in 2 hours'), be sure to come by just before that time so you can get to the Pound the minute it opens, since that's when all the best pets will still be available and you've got a better chance of grabbing an uncommon or even rare pet. :D Also, link to your wishlist in your signature; if you're lucky, someone with a few spares might be in a generous mood and decide to help you out a little. ;) Just make sure not to ask people to give you free pets, since that's against the rules. Good luck!
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hibiscus. » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Atwood wrote:It can be difficult at first, especially if you don't happen to luck into getting the rare or uncommon outcomes, but if you keep your spare pets for trading later, they'll increase in value over time - what might be Common now could be Uncommon in a month or two. Also, if you get a slightly less common pet from this month, often you can trade it for a slightly older common pet from the last couple of months, which you might then be able to trade for a slightly older common pet again, and in that way you can build up your older pets. Definitely check out the Free Adoptions, since you can often get older uncommon pets from there with which you can trade up, and keep a close eye on the Pound - if it says it will be opening soon (e.g. 'The pound will be opening in 2 hours'), be sure to come by just before that time so you can get to the Pound the minute it opens, since that's when all the best pets will still be available and you've got a better chance of grabbing an uncommon or even rare pet. :D Also, link to your wishlist in your signature; if you're lucky, someone with a few spares might be in a generous mood and decide to help you out a little. ;) Just make sure not to ask people to give you free pets, since that's against the rules. Good luck!

thank you soo much. this really helps(; i'll go look right noww XD
h i b i s c u s .
Hibiscus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hibiscus. » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:46 pm

yay! i won a little forum game and got a rare cat by Malk. would it be smart to trade it? it is my only rare pet...
h i b i s c u s .
Hibiscus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toadfoal » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:45 pm

kakagame wrote:yay! i won a little forum game and got a rare cat by Malk. would it be smart to trade it? it is my only rare pet...

That's completely up to you! But if you'd like to ask about trading and rares, you might check out the "Is This A Fair Trade?" Thread at this link
Toadfoal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hibiscus. » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:31 pm

Toadfoal wrote:
kakagame wrote:yay! i won a little forum game and got a rare cat by Malk. would it be smart to trade it? it is my only rare pet...

That's completely up to you! But if you'd like to ask about trading and rares, you might check out the "Is This A Fair Trade?" Thread at this link

thanks for the link(: this newbie helper thing is really helpful! luckily I also have a friend that teaches me about CS and lets me use her computer^^ I think i'm gonna keep my little kitty^^
h i b i s c u s .
Hibiscus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hibiscus. » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 pm

oh yeah, can someone tell me a little bit more on "oekakiii"? the help section wasn't VERY clear like i hoped it would be...
h i b i s c u s .
Hibiscus.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Serena » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:21 am

kakagame wrote:oh yeah, can someone tell me a little bit more on "oekakiii"? the help section wasn't VERY clear like i hoped it would be...

The Oekaki is basically a part of the forum where you can draw. To make a drawing you go to 'beginners Oekaki' or 'sketches and experiments' (these two advised for starters), then go to 'new topic'. You'll see a canvas on which you can draw, and you can write some text under it, i.e. to explain what you drew.

I hope this cleared it up a bit? ^^ Feel free to PM me if something still isn't clear.
"We can't giggle, it's a crime scene!"
ImageImageImageImage
<3 Stray Dog is my Loyal Pet and my Scourge Sister <3

Want help but don't want to wait too long for a reply? There's a new Help System just for that! =]

"You're staying alive, staying alive."
Serena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me