Global Moderators - Awaiting selection.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Global Moderators - Applications open

Postby Zeee » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:37 pm

I am looking to fufill my CS dream of being a Global Moderator

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
I registered as a CS member on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:13 pm.

2.How many posts have you made in the forum:
(Six thousand, four hundred and fourty-seven.)

3.Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every single day of the week, unless sick, busy, or have to do something that cannot be missed. Other than that, im on a clean slate of being on CS. Im usually more active on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday. But I will be as active as possible on every single day.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
11-13 hours minimum. Not exactly maximum, I can tell you now unless something is going on I cannot miss then I will be on nearly 24 hours on Friday, from 3:10 PM - anytime. And then all day Saturday, Sunday from anytime - 10:00 PM. Or later.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
Hmm. I have moderated a RP site, but sadly I have lost the link to it.

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:
Its my CS dream, to become a Global Moderator. Not just a CS Staff member; a Global Moderator! Usually I have applied for all the previous ones, but havent been awarded the amazing job. I would give up the world to be a CS Global Moderator. All of this team is so wonderful, and id like to be a part of this splendid team. I mean, the creators of this site themselves are wonderful and I am happy that they are the creators of this meaningful site. The team here on CS is what makes all this possible, and Id be the happiest person on earth to be a part of that team. Explaining why I want things, as you can see on my form, isnt my best area, but I hope I do get the splendid job of working on CS.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I can speak fluent french, and am beginning my way onto spanish and other languages. I know a bit of greek, aswell. I can keep my cool easily under peer pressure, and how to avoid caving in. I have spoken a bit to young children about the effects of people trying to negitive you, draw you in into the boundaries. Peer pressure is a hard thing to work under, but I can keep my cool very easily. I am patient, kind, levelheaded, a hard-worker, and when I put my mind to something I keep it there until my goal is achieved. If I do say so myself, I am very friendly and mature. Respectful, and always understanding. I let people give their side of the story, and then I usually explain things out.

Thank you to bits, Tess, and good luck to all.
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiikeria » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:15 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
March 24, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
2489 posts as of October 9, 2011

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, and yes I would.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day, normally.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
8 or more, normally. Sometimes less, sometimes more, but I'm on quite a bit.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Nope, not yet, anyway, though I do control the chat room for the CS thread "Pound of Hope".

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I would love to be a mod for CS, simply because I want to help. Not only help the rest of the staff, but to help the CS community stay as friendly and accepting as it has been for me, for future members. CS has been a big part of my life, ever since I joined, and the community here has given me quite a few new friends, something I want newer members to be able to experience. I want to help both old and new members stay on track, by sorting out disputes, sorting out art theft, keeping users happy with the time they spend on CS.

Though I am not the most confrontational of people, I do what I have to do, which has included sorting out cases of art or character theft in threads I'm staff on. I always try to be calm, courteous and open-minded, happily apologizing if I am proven wrong due to a misunderstanding. I hate being rude to anyone, and I will avoid it at all costs, even if they are rude to me in return. I may be a bit short, yes, but I always do well to stay as unoffensive as possible, something I believe I am pretty good at doing.

I have helped newer members before, when I've noticed actions that could get them in quite a bit of trouble, often explaining to them what they are doing wrong, and why they should stop, so they don't get in trouble later on. I like making sure they're on track to having a good experience in the forums, and not about to get themselves in a heap of trouble.

Plus, I would really love to help keep the community as friendly as possible, for those of all ages. I would love to be able to settle disputes as calmly as I can, and, hopefully, with both parties satisfied as to the outcome, though I know that's not always possible. I would happily remove anything that could be considered "too adult" for CS, just so kids, too young to see such things, wouldn't be exposed to it. Nothing much phases me anymore, and I would have no problem getting rid of it.

I understand this job would be difficult, and will come with it's fair share of challenges, but I feel like I can take those challenges. I understand I may gain enemies, and I may be yelled at my many a user, but, in the bigger picture, I'll know I'm helping CS continue to be a friendly and accepting site that it always has been, at least to me. I only wish for a chance to help out.

Thank you,

Tiikeria

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I am well versed in psychology, I am a patient, open-minded person, and I do know basic Spanish.

[| Pound of Hope |] [| Art Shop |] [| Etsy |] [| Need help? |]

[| I'm on a semi-hiatus due to real-life. |]

Tiikeria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverstar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:03 am

Would be in the future an new Moderator application?

Silverstar
she/her - adult - avid animal lover
languages: German - English
playing genshin impact like 24/7

Image Image
Image Image
Silverstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:06 am

Celestial & Diabolic wrote:
Would be in the future an new Moderator application?

yes, we always need new staff over time, but we don't hire very often
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Survivor. » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:24 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
February 18,2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
3134 counting this one.

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I visit every chance I get. At least 3-4 hours a day, total. I have access on my phone, so I can be on anytime.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
My Rp...viewtopic.php?f=28&t=751463&start=0

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Because I love this site and I want to help it continue to be a safe site for kids and adults alike.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I am pretty good at settling arguments, not taking sides, but as in giving advice to a person on who they would need to talk to/message about their point of view.
do you suffer from panic or anxiety attacks? Come see the plushies I sell
Come join this discord warrior cat RP! We are having a contest!

I do get on occasionally.
xxxxxxSurvivorxxxxxx
I have had to take a couple years off of CS due to real life things. But im slowly getting back here now.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImage
I was beaten, bruised, abused, and yet I survived. I spoke up. Let others hear your voice. Fight. Be a warrior. Be a SURVIVOR.Image
Image no one understands what Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is. Unless you have it yourself.
Please, be aware that not all wounds are visible.Image
[/left]
.Survivor.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:21 am

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: February 3rd 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1503

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, and yes. I have no problem with this.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? : 7 days a week on most weeks.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? : At least 2-4 hours on days when I have little free time, generally more than this though.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have moderated different groups, clubs, exchanges, and the like on sites like Gaiaonline.com (personal threads, guilds), Yahooclubs/groups, and Livejournal communities.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? : I would love to be a moderator on CS because it is a site I have come to love dearly. I enjoy the people, the pets, and the discussions I have here. I would love to give something back and be able to help CS remain a friendly and fun atmosphere for everyone.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I am an assistant manager in a customer service job. I have many years of customer service (4yrs and 8 months at my current job and years more at past jobs), and have learned a lot of skills when it comes to dealing with people and tough situations. I know how to handle stress and conflict without taking it personally and still managing to put my foot down and enforce the rules regardless of the situation or the people involved. Having had friends (and my girlfriend) as employees at my job I have learned how to be completely unbiased when enforcing rules and restrictions.

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bernouli » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:56 pm

I am a bit late, heh. I just needed some time to mull it over. : )

What date did you register as a CS member?: July 04, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum?: 2155

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am over the age of 18 and I am not easily offended by adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I visit Chicken Smoothie 7 days a week with the only exception in a long while being that I was gone (with limited internet access) for a family vacation last week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: At least 7-10 hours a day. I have the tab open all the time, and browse and check the forums or send/reply to any trades every 15 minutes to a half hour or so, I can do this easily as I work from home on the computer.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Yes; http://www.minitokyo.net/ Duties include; Scanning the gallery and the forum for and deleting adult content, inspecting images for the correct gallery requirements, deleting images that do not meet the a fore mentioned quality requirements in my respected section, reporting items in non-respective section to other staff, issuing warnings, (in few cases bans) and appropriate actions to unruly or distraught members, replying to and assisting members in the "sandbox" and appeals forums. At Minitokyo we deal with the same type of adult content spam, so it is an area I am very familiar with dealing with. I have moderated on other forums over 6 years, but they are no longer in operation.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: Since I spend so much time on CS daily, I thought it would it would be beneficiary that I spend some of it helping and giving back to the community the best I know how. I have grown to really enjoy being on the site, meeting friendly users, and having fun trading for my favorite pets. I would really find it a wonderful and fulfilling learning experience.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I know very little of a few languages, but not enough to warrant any significant mention. I feel that I am a mature, hard working and dedicated individual. I can be level headed and unbiased in high tension situations, I use my logic and patience to my advantage to resolve issues. I strongly feel that I can and will do my job effectively and efficiently.

Thanks for considering this application. I will definitely not disappoint you. : )
Last edited by Bernouli on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:23 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Image Art by Wookieinmashoo
- Need Help? - - Deviantart - - Newest Deviation -
Bernouli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby harley.quinn » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:42 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: September 13, 2009, I have love CS for ahoy two years now.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 15299

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am at least 18 and am willing to see adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. Yes, Faded Echoes
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I would love to help out CS because it is a very fun site and I'd love to do my part to help it out. I admire all the other mods and admins and would never be rude to them. Well I have alot of friends which means I have some people skills and don't get mad easily, but will stick to the rules when needed.
Last edited by harley.quinn on Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
OBSESS HARLEY, OBSESS;

Hiya puddin'! I am harley.quinn. Feel free to go ahead and call me harley or quinn. I have many various interests including all of the Batfam + friends + foes, dc, marvel, borderlands, fall out boy, panic! at the disco, marianas trench, the cab, paramore, the ready set, 3oh!3, all time low, cartel, years & years, metro station, maroon 5, tove lo, twenty one pilots, bastille, allstar weekend, the white tie affair, we the kings, reign, teen wolf, young & hungry, the originals, the 100, z nation, the vampire diaries, the flash, arrow, the walking dead, supernatural, gotham, heroes, the tomorrow people, and much, much, much more.

Please, feel free to talk to me, though I will warn you now, I like to talk... a lot at times. Anyways... Pm me!
harley.quinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snook22 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:38 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Jan 13, 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 504

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes to both.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? A few hours at least. However if I had a job to do here, I could easily be on longer, I work at my computer all day long.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Yes, but none of them are still active.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I enjoy being here on CS and I wouldn't mind at all dedicating some of my time to it. However, I am more of the quiet type, I wouldn't be a mod that posts a whole lot. That isn't to say I wouldn't post if I needed to. But, I'm the sort who would go through reports and approve posts, rather then browse about.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? While I live in the states, I'm usually a night owl, so I'm on when most moderators are sleeping.
Snook22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *-EverybodysFool-* » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:22 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Saturday, March 27 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1457

Without posting your age, are you at least 18, and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:Yep, and Yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? : 5 days a week, May or may not be able to get on on the weekend.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? : 1-3

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them : No, but I have "mini-modded" most or all of my forum topics. I feel that I need to whenever I make a new topic(however some of my topics have one in-active to the point where I no longer visit them)

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? : I would like to be a moderater, Because I care about the safety of younger viewers. Innapropriate content should NOT be posted on a site like this, where all ages can view it. No matter the age of the poster. I would like to help keep CS safe and fun for everyone :)

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position : I can speak pig latin, I am currently learning french, all though its no use. Im terrible at it. I dont think there is anything else that could be useful for the job, except for my good eye site(dont worry im not blinde ;D)

If I misspelled anything, I apoligize! I have to use my ipod, because my computer has a virus and my laptop is broken. Crazy, I know.
*-EverybodysFool-*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me