My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Updates to the pound!

Postby Juliamon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:48 am

Just wanted to drop some anecdotal evidence that this update is working well--all of the Pounds I've caught since the update, I've ignored the initial page and gotten R/VRs on the 2nd/3rd refresh EVERY TIME
trades/viewtrade.php?id=110313911&userid=929619&signature=AGcW819ATn6JqvPp8gmLJA
trades/viewtrade.php?id=110298245&userid=929619&signature=BHIfgVN0iCCxYs7Ye1nbGw
trades/viewtrade.php?id=110295484&userid=929619&signature=D9ibt1yMO54OnVwA_MzGCQ (this one showed up on the third refresh along with the store raptor dino, so a full minute after initial opening)
trades/viewtrade.php?id=110283464&userid=929619&signature=FFSHjDRQE06rnb_l8YdfPQ

I encourage everyone to learn how to be patient with this new update, you will have so much better luck if you can wait through that first batch!
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby See_Air_Ruhh_ » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:56 pm

As someone who plays on mobile; this has me excited! I haven't seen this update in action yet!
See_Air_Ruhh_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryomen » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:58 pm

i haven't gotten a single thing above uncommon since this update has released. everything is taken the literal second i refresh no matter what.
glad it's working for others but part of the site that used to be exciting is now a consistent source of disappointment. really hope this gets tweaked more because any luck i used to have has been nonexistent
big fan of the guy with too many eyes and too many arms.
formerly sukunabae ✧.*
she/her | pisces
trades are always welcome ☽
ryomen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RockaGal » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:33 pm

Unfortunately, I am still not finding these changes making it any easier for me to get a rare pet and it still needs updating to have more rares in and over more pages as they are taken way too early still on.

Edit; Tried pound again right early straight away as soon as it opened and all the pets were already taken. This seems to be a bug?
Last edited by RockaGal on Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Sandslash!

:) Please don't be shy, I like looking at new trades :)

Aeonian is my older sister, we use the same computer sometimes and share the same network. We sometimes trade items and outcomes and gift each other on special days.
RockaGal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hawk WillowWatcher » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:40 pm

The rares are taken too early still, so if we could make it like 1-2 rares per page that would be amazing for everyone. So far for people like me who usually get in late, the chances of getting one are around 1 of 5.
ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage ImageAdopt your own. Kitters!made by pheonix
Hawk WillowWatcher

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:42 pm

I think the lag needs to be fixed, this opening's lag was bad where people couldn't adopt after a reload, and errors while adopting.

I don't think lag was this crazy during events (remembering from 2016-2019)
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Server update - Report problems here

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:44 pm

While not a crash, there's an issue with severe lag, that I could not adopt a single pet in the pound because the page refused to refresh after I clicked adopt.

When I finally gave up it ended with the message there was a problem with the pound.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AncientEldritch » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:46 pm

Maybe it would be a good idea to boost the number of pets released during events? Over 2700 users online and only 1200 pets released just doesn't work out.

AncientEldritch on Toyhou.se and Deviantart!

I love sending gifts and live for Halloween and Holibombs, though I use any holiday as an excuse to send random gifts.

Come hang out in the Chicken Smoothie Discord Server~
AncientEldritch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:52 pm

As of now, I'm kind of mixed about this update.

On one hand, yes you could get rarer outcomes as I've seen 2013 and older pets still appear after a few refresh. And numerous users are appreciating the change and finding it effective.

On the other hand, if the pound opens around an "active" time (today's rollover is a good example), then I might as well just give up. Instead of having the page freezing for the first batch, now it continuously lags and refreshing takes effing ages, making you miss every interesting pet.

Tldr : Better to only use the pound if there are not too many people on CS. So that's quite restrictive.

I will update in a few more days to see if my opinion changes.

1 day and 2 pounds later :
this is an absolute disaster. The pound is constantly lagging. I couldn't even manage to grab anything on the second opening -_-
Last edited by Gamezelle on Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me