CS is now 9 years old! Members Quiz inside!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: CS is now 9 years old! Members Quiz inside!

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:27 pm

When did you join CS? Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:51 pm
What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: Finishing a writing challenge that I did for several years on here.
Favorite pets?: The selkies from St. Patrick's day. Pretty much any b-wolfs with nature fixtures instead of wings. Most of the Space Event Pets. The Nature Deer store pets.
Favorite thing to do on CS?: Drawing on Oekaki and writing.
What's your biggest CS regret?: Oh gosh there are lots. One that sticks out is getting involved with some oekaki adoptables and I just couldn't seem to stop messing up.
Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: Read all the rules right away, sounds boring but seriously. I didn't know you couldn't have two accounts and made another, so I had a huge moment of super panic before going and deleting one of the accounts.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frozenfirefly » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:28 pm

When did you join CS? Last year, I think it was during CS's 8th birthday. Happy anniversary for me.
What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: Maybe when getting gifts. Thats always a happy moment. And maybe when I gave someone some pets and they sent a very long message saying thank you. Or maybe when I found out that the trash I adopted, the can, turned out to be a really rare pet. Lol.
Favorite pets?: The green store cat dragon, the unicorn from the space event, and the new sitting cat are some of my favorites. I also like the moth 2012 staff pet and the 2014 bunny birds.
Favorite thing to do on CS?: Hmm...Would it be trading? I like trading, but the Oekaki is AMAZING!! Even though my art is awful....It's rather fun to use, and even my bad drawings aren't too squiggly.
What's your biggest CS regret?: That my vacation was during CS's. I mean, I still got a lot of the space event guys, but I missed several days. Ah well, It was nice to have family time.
Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: Be careful. Some people send really bad trades, or ask for gifts for no reason. So don't accept every trade you get. Also, try to figure out the which pets have super demand (like the shima longtail), so you don't accidentally try to trade for one, thinking it's a normal pet. People tend to want overpay for those.

Edit, accidentally made EVERYTHING bold. Sorry if anyone tried to read that.
Last edited by Frozenfirefly on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live and laugh, live and laugh. The world can be harsh, but flowers may bloom on volcanoes. The desert is treacherous and dangerous, but it comes alive when the rain comes. And, in all honesty, whoever is reading this is on a site, that has people collects digital pets, create digital art, and have real fun. So smile, laugh for awhile, weep if you must, and don't be afraid to lean on a shoulder you trust. We. Are. Human. Not immortal, not perfect, not magical. Just people. Alive, breathing, and ridiculous. We created comfortable pants, and then put tears in them for fashion. We created the internet, where information can be instantaneously transported miles upon miles away...and we use it for cat videos. Live and laugh, live and laugh. We weren't meant to live in misery. I...think that sounded a little cheesy, but hey, I'm just trying to put out some reminders that the world's not all bad. I'm sure we've all had times in which we've needed it.
Frozenfirefly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peach punk. » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:30 pm

When did you join CS? I officially joined around December 2016
What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: When someone just ended up gifting me a pet from my wishlist
Favorite pets?: I absolutely LOVE dragons and PPS
Favorite thing to do on CS?: Defiantly trading and adopting from the pound
What's your biggest CS regret?: Not looking for dragons in the pound...
Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: Pay attention to the rules!!

I love the idea of CS!!!

|heyy!|he/they|virgo|bi|enfp-t|
|my name is jack and i want to eat the rich|
|i'm kinda good at art and music|mother mother|blink-182|mcr|
|art shop|
|heavely desensitized|
|i'm here for a good time, not a long time.|
---
|find me at; |da|ig|twitter|toyhou.se|artfight|team cyberpunk
peach punk.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anade » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:34 pm

When did you join CS? December 2016
What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: talking with people on the forums
Favorite pets?: Dogs, in general, though I love constellation pets the most!
Favorite thing to do on CS?: Trade and lurk on the forums
What's your biggest CS regret?: none?
Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: CS is great for all kinds of things: drawing, chatting, collecting, roleplay, and more. Pick the things you want to do and don't feel forced to do the rest.
Anade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LeafTrill » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:37 pm

When did you join CS? Back in 2009
What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: The day I got a Malk dragon through Dec. 18th.
Favorite pets?: The Malk dragons, the new Tess dragons.
Favorite thing to do on CS?: Collect, not very social.
What's your biggest CS regret?: There's a lot. I didn't sign up back in 2008, as I didn't think the site would keep my attention. I only did one adopt per litter for a while as I thought it would be more interesting that way? I went on a hiatus during the first Halloween because I went through a phase thinking it was evil, and last but not least, I said some really stupid things, and had some really stupid views in my youth. I thought I knew it all as a middle schooler, but I clearly didn't. I liked to debate way too much, and I made a huge fool of myself.
Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: Rarities are only one half of the equation, pay attention to dates too! Stay away from the debate boards. It's not woth the time and energy, I promise.
LeafTrill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:43 pm

When did you join CS? I first started "adopting" pets back in April 2008, when they were just copy-n'-paste growing images. I joined the forms in August that year :)
What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: Staying up late hunting easter eggs and other event tokens,
Favorite pets?: Gato, Royal my Jewelry Sundog, the Sorbets, the cats, the dogs, the rats, the butterfly wolves, the horses, the dragons...you get the picture.
Favorite thing to do on CS?: Just talking to people, and of course seeing the new designs that come out every month. Oh, and all of the special events!
What's your biggest CS regret?: That I wasn't able to attend the meetup in 2012, it would have been amazing to meet other CS members in real life.
Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: Enjoy trading, don't let it become a chore! Be nice! Read the rules! Try new things! Talk to people! HAVE FUN!
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grizzly bear » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:44 pm

When did you join CS? April 2014
    What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: back when I first joined, I met a lot of great people in a role play I created. Haven't had that much success in a rp since. shadeclan forever <3
    Favorite pets?: the squids and joker dog
    Favorite thing to do on CS?: roleplay
    What's your biggest CS regret?: that I didn't join sooner
    Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: try new things and meet new people, you'll have a lot of fun c:
Last edited by grizzly bear on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grizzly bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vaal Hazak » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:47 pm

When did you join CS? Feb 2012

What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: When a very kind user gifted me my biggest dreampet, the UR Flower pot.

Favorite pets?: Too many to count.

Favorite thing to do on CS?: Collecting (beautiful pets) without paying from outside.

What's your biggest CS regret?: I once traded away a high list pet, when I was "younger".

Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: Hmm, maybe "Stay calm and learn your rarities carefully"
ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏʀᴅꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴀᴅʏ ᴘʀᴇᴀᴄʜᴇʀꜱ
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
ImageImageImageImageImage
𝐈 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐔𝐏𝐎𝐍
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Imp · Tyty
he/him · they/them
choatic evil hoarder
nightwalker

┗━━━━━━━━━┛
𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐒
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
you need help?
with values & trades?
PM me! ✖

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Vaal Hazak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xels » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:47 pm

When did you join CS? 2009
What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: a couple of friends...who have given pets when I was down.
Favorite pets?: What I call the Lisa Frank dogs, from January 2009, the Hanukkah ponies, the pool ball ponies
Favorite thing to do on CS?: add to my pet collection, encourage others
What's your biggest CS regret?: I quit back in 2009, gave all away, only restarted 9/2016
Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: Look for EVERY adoption, ask politely and make your wish list thoroughly FIRST. Also, make a wish list for items...Both: anything you might possibly want. I've redid my wish list at least five times since September. I didn't want to ask for too much...lol
xels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:52 pm

When did you join CS? April 2013! It's been almost 4 years now uvu
    What are some of the best moments you've had on CS so far?: I met my current closest online friend here back in early 2014, and have met several other super cool people as well! Plus, without CS, I definitely wouldn't be in the same place art-wise as I am today - the art and adoptable community on this site has encouraged so much of the growth I've done over the past few years.
    Favorite pets?: I love so many, but if I had to pick a dreamie, it would be the Kiss PPS, honestly. Has been for years.
    Favorite thing to do on CS?: Helping other members and playing forum games~
    What's your biggest CS regret?: I did a couple pretty stupid things back when I first joined. I was much younger back then though so I can forgive myself, but they were still honestly really dumb.
    Have you got any advice or tips for new players?: This community is one of the warmest and friendliest I have ever come across, so please, enjoy it and give back <3
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal