Changes to the pound

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Changes to the pound

Postby halloween3110 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:27 pm

I have noticed that I cannot get any rares............. maybe because I have a few?

Anyone else see this happening to them?
halloween3110

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neko Mata » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:08 pm

Yay, big change!! I can't wait to adopt more pets!!
Neko Mata

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Iva_Tyra » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:32 am

Is it just me or has the number of available pets per opening been halved? ^^'
Or it used to be a little less than 2 000 in total and now it is a little less than 1 000.

Though I highly prefer this than making the openings less frequent !
Iva_Tyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiya » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:50 am

Iva_Tyra wrote:Is it just me or has the number of available pets per opening been halved? ^^'
Or it used to be a little less than 2 000 in total and now it is a little less than 1 000.

Though I highly prefer this than making the openings less frequent !
Indeed. Personnaly, I really don't like this change... the pound opens only a few minutes. And most older/popular pets disappeared in the very first 60 seconds xD ( in a manner of speaking)

But at least, it opens very frenquently ^^

Hey ! I'm Reiya, nice to meet you ! Do you wanna trade ? ♥

Currently playing at :
Fire Emblem Engage
FFBE War of the visions
Reiya

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Camey » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:58 am

Well frequently, now it's 6 hours. Maybe in other timezones it opens more frequently but here in Europe it doesn't open much (or I have bad luck).
I personally really don't like this change. I don't have that much time inmy personal life, so nI don't have that much time for chickensmoothie either. I'd rather have a pound that opens once every few hours, but stays open for 20-30 minutes (which it did), than have it open for 5 minutes.
I hope chickensmoothie changes it back since I don't want to be online and check the pound every few minutes. I just like to check chickensmoothie for a few times a day :)
Camey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Camey » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:48 am

Whoa, the latest pound litterally took like 2/3 mins.
Camey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ForgottenxSoul » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 am

Why have there been so little pets in the pound lately? like 800 to 1200-

the pound empties in less than 3 minutes and it is like impossible to adopt anything-

not really trying to complain, just wondering
ForgottenxSoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Emmer » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:55 am

Camey wrote:Well frequently, now it's 6 hours. Maybe in other timezones it opens more frequently but here in Europe it doesn't open much (or I have bad luck).
I personally really don't like this change. I don't have that much time inmy personal life, so nI don't have that much time for chickensmoothie either. I'd rather have a pound that opens once every few hours, but stays open for 20-30 minutes (which it did), than have it open for 5 minutes.
I hope chickensmoothie changes it back since I don't want to be online and check the pound every few minutes. I just like to check chickensmoothie for a few times a day :)

I used to check in how many hours the pound would open en then around that time check CS a few times, when it was open for 20+ minutes it worked totally fine, but now I miss it EVERY time by just a few minutes, which is quite annoying. I too hope they change it back, and I dont mind if the pound opens less than it does now. I'd rather have it open less frequently but longer and have more chance in not missing the pound, than it opening frequently but missing it all the time.
Emmer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yellow paint » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:05 am

camey wrote:Well frequently, now it's 6 hours. Maybe in other timezones it opens more frequently but here in Europe it doesn't open much (or I have bad luck).

the pound has about a million and a half pets, one thousand going into the pound each time. if it were open for thirty minutes rather than the four-ish minutes (depends on time of day, too) it is currently, then (did the math) there would need to be 7,500 pets in the pound each time.

the pound's system takes a equal amount of pets from each year, rarity, and section of the pound's pet pages, which would mean (i guess idk how it works for sure) 1/8 omgsr-rare, 1.5/8 uncommon. 1.5/8 common, 2/8 vc 2/8 and omgsc ish?? so there would be 938 rares+, 1,407 uncommon, 1,407 common, 1,875 very common, 1,875 omgsc. that's a lot.

then, of course, all of the rares would get taken first, and then the uncommons and so on. the pound is half user donations, half taken from disabled accounts, so for example, 469 rares would be user donated each time the pound is open. there are a million and a half pets in the pound, so the pound could then only be open 200 times if there were 7,500 pets in it and 30 minutes long. once every few hours, so three times a day.

then, there would be only 66 times the pound could be open before it runs out of pets, which would be bad.

it's a good idea, and this is just hypothetical, but not that possible.
what’s up?

refresh for a new terrarium c:

yellow paint

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Camey » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:41 am

But previously with the same amount of pets (or double), it was open for 20/30 mins, now only for 2-5 minutes. This happened a few times today and yesterday so I think there are some changes or whatever, since it just changed over a day. Even in the holiday season with the 18 december pets te pound wasn't empty this quickly :)

Just want to make clear that I'm not complaining, just wondering what happened and if there was a change. If there was, I'm still not complaining but liking it is something else entirely ^^
Camey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me