The Oekaki now works on Google Chrome!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: The Oekaki now works on Google Chrome!

Postby Placebo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:05 pm

our prayers have been answered

aaah thank you nick! <3 I'm gonna go play around with it haha
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jhoanna » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:11 pm

Yay! Now I can try out Oekaki! :D

❝ ❝xHi I'm Jøy! I have an unhealthy obsession with anime, bands, Netflix,xxx
xbooks, and gaming! I enjoy school, sometimes, and I LOVE food. Okay, thanks
xxxxxxxfor reading and if you need a friend PLEASE PM me! I don't bite c:
xxxxxx❞ ❞

"I've got two faces
Blurry's the one
I'm not I need
your help to
Take him out"

──────
trading thread
coding

jhoanna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:27 pm

As awesome as it is to use google chrome instead of firefox for chickensmoothie...

.-. It says that I don't need Jtablet, yet pen pressure doesn't work, so how would I get pen pressure to work for my tablet? will that be added later?

Is This new one comparable with the others? (like if I were to post an oekaki with the new version would I be able to use the old version as a color in/vice-versa).

When drawing the cursor it turns to the typing icon once I click/touch with the pen. That can get REALLY confusing when your trying to figure out your pen size or shape cause you cant see it while your drawing. I rely on the brush icon heavily while drawing so I know my max brush size and where the line is going to go. Can this be changed so the cursor stays the same when you click down on the surface?

Just a few questions. Thanks so much for making this, it's cool and really opens up a lot of options for CS users. It does feel a little bulky and odd in appearance, but that could be just because it's new and different I'm sure I'll get used to it.

I LOVE the ability to just immediately work on old drawings instead of having to start a new one just to look at the old drawings.

panda by phtorxp ∘ fox by fluffy_marry ∘ cat/coding by me
Image Image Image Image

X
〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ Scorpio ✜ Adult 〙
ImageImage Pokemon PMD RP
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:29 pm

I've now added mouse-wheel zooming, and fixed the canvas rotation tool's "reset rotation" feature.

It looks like you can draw a little bit on Android now, but it's a long way from being "tablet computer compatible".
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kyouka » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Nick wrote:I've now added mouse-wheel zooming, and fixed the canvas rotation tool's "reset rotation" feature.

It looks like you can draw a little bit on Android now, but it's a long way from being "tablet compatible".

Aww. I want it to be Tablet Compatible since I use my tablet alot! Oh well, no need for Java now!

«───ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴛʜʏ─────────

【 cori | she/her | intj | semi-active 】
your local part-time sloth, tea lover, & CEO of Doing
Absolutely Nothing™. I am sporadically active on CS
so feel free to ask for my discord if you need anything!

Signature: Ishtar | Avatar: Noblesse
. . .
[ hoyo ] [ mal ] [ pronouns ]
───────────ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ───»
Kyouka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skylark » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Yes! Yes! Yes please! Thank you!
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:35 pm

-Midnight- wrote:Aww. I want it to be Tablet Compatible since I use my tablet alot! Oh well, no need for Java now!

Drawing tablet support is mostly available. Tablet computer support is planned! (iPad etc)

0Zero0 wrote:.-. It says that I don't need Jtablet, yet pen pressure doesn't work, so how would I get pen pressure to work for my tablet? will that be added later?

Hit help->tablet support for details. Pressure support isn't available in Chrome yet, but will be added sometime soon (both Chrome and Firefox are working on support at the moment).

0Zero0 wrote:Is This new one comparable with the others? (like if I were to post an oekaki with the new version would I be able to use the old version as a color in/vice-versa).

Yep, completely compatible.

When drawing the cursor it turns to the typing icon once I click/touch with the pen. That can get REALLY confusing when your trying to figure out your pen size or shape cause you cant see it while your drawing

Ah, it's actually supposed to keep the mouse pointer (which is what happened with the old ChibiPaint) rather than turn into the typing icon. I'll get that fixed. EDIT: This should be fixed now

Just a few questions. Thanks so much for making this, it's cool and really opens up a lot of options for CS users. It does feel a little bulky and odd in appearance, but that could be just because it's new and different I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Check that your browser isn't zoomed in. You'll need to use your browser's menus to do this instead of using keyboard shortcuts, since ChickenPaint steals those shortcuts for its own canvas zooming.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canary. » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:07 pm

//using an ipad mini and chickenpaint works. Hurray! o3o (using safari)
canary.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griddle » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:08 pm

This is super-nice to hear and I really appreciate it! Since Chrome stopped supporting Java entirely, I've been using Firefox for Oekaki. I've heard Firefox plans to drop Java support at some point too, and I wasn't sure what I'd do after that, lol.

I understand there's still stuff to be added and worked on, but I was wondering if there's a place for users to suggest features they'd like to see added to ChickenPaint in the future? (My kingdom for layer grouping/folders!)
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jayus » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:12 pm

Nick wrote:jayus, there is a "full-screen mode" in ChickenPaint which fills the page with ChickenPaint (removes the CS borders and menus and stuff) so the page doesn't scroll. I think this will do the trick for you:
-snip for size-

Alright, this works!
One last question-- I'm not really finding a way to scroll left or right? When it zooms, I just zoom in on the central part of the canvas, and I can't center the part of the drawing i need. Is there a way to scroll left & right, or am I just blind?
jayus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me