My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New ability to block PMs from people who aren't friends

Postby Dizzy-noodles » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:50 pm

The Winter Soldier wrote:This feature could be useful for parents who don't want their kids pming with anyone they don't know online o.o say if your kids have friend in real life who play the game and family members play this game anyone who isn't their friend can't pm them that way the parents can farthur control what their kid is doing online and the kid can only pm their friends people they know in real life as an adult I can say this will be for the parents of those kids to have as feature on their child's account.

I don't see how this would stop children pming people. Surely the child can turn the feature on or off themselves? Unless I'm missing something, as I joined CS as an adult, and have never been coppa'd myself.

The Winter Soldier wrote:Wouldd be better if we had spam filter for the pm instead of this I can see the flaws of this spam filter would still allow people to pm you they would just show up in a spam section this I do see is slightly unfriendly but it does offer some good options for some users who get ones a lot. I admit that a feature like this was something that people wanted but I as least figured it be something along the lines of a spam filter which again would be more friendly as with a spam filter you'd still get the p ms from people who wanted to talk about things.

I think a spam filter would be a good idea, is that like with e-mails where you mark certain messages as spam? And then if a certain user had been sending a lot of spam pms, CS could investigate them to see if they are a real player or not.
This is my pony Rainbow, he was made for me by ~TGenie- :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
SGTC til the very death of me!
ImageImageImageImage
Dizzy-noodles

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby All Might » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:39 am

Oooh, this seems really helpful..
(But.. I personally like all messages though ^^)

Still, thanks Nick!

┍━━━━━━━┑
    'it's you'
    If only I could stay
    delicate as the new day ;
    adult / she / artist
    seeking blue sorb
    credit

┕━━━━━━━┙

Image Image

All Might

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfDragonPlasma » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:42 am

As wonderful in concept as this sounds, I'm going to have to agree with the few people who express dislike/hate toward this new feature. This change alone is going to cause more problems than it will solve, and already this has become apparent with people being unable to reply to messages or even PM friends that may not be mutual on CS because of this feature.

Not only that, but doing something like this will do nothing but alienate people and allow for the creation of cliques, or cement them more if they weren't already formed. So what if this will help in blocking spam? If you have a problem with a person who's spamming you after you've told them to stop, block the brat and move on. Nobody else should be punished for that one person's short comings :/

And what about those people that need to speak with a person about something (and it could even be urgent), but find that they can't because this feature has blocked them from saying anything? Pretty much the majority of my forum time here is spent on an adoptable thread that practically has its own little community with it. I am not friends with all of these people, and therefore I do not have them on my friends list. I can bet that most of those people don't have me on theirs either.

Honestly, I like the idea of a spam filter much better than this. Because then you can have the spammy stuff filtered out without having to worry about accidentally blocking someone from PMing you about something they need to speak with you about.
WolfDragonPlasma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergaze » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:19 am

Thumbs up
Pet's name: Embergaze