My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New ability to block PMs from people who aren't friends

Postby The Winter Soldier » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:22 pm

Not exactly coppas can have permission slips and can pm if they have permission to post and such also alot of times kids lie about their age and get on site illegally through parents account. Trust even with coppas it doesn't help if someone whose not under the age of 13 makes an account and lets their child play on it that child can chat with whoever they want.
The Winter Soldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vixen Luo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:26 pm

While there is truth in your argument, yes, I still find it a little extreme for this to be created. I mean, if the parent didn't want their child to be messaging strangers that badly, couldn't they simply monitor their CS time? Give them a certain amount of time each day and perhaps have the child's password and username on hand to check and see if they're actually obeying or not?
Vixen Luo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lesbianism » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Yuri Lowell wrote:
While there is truth in your argument, yes, I still find it a little extreme for this to be created. I mean, if the parent didn't want their child to be messaging strangers that badly, couldn't they simply monitor their CS time? Give them a certain amount of time each day and perhaps have the child's password and username on hand to check and see if they're actually obeying or not?

Yeah, but some kids make extra accounts (not just for CS, for everything) so their parents can't read everything they send. My little sister got in huge trouble for having an extra Skype account, so mum couldn't 'hack' it.
████████████████████████████████████████

💗 elliot 💗 they/them 💗

████████████████████████████████████████
lesbianism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vixen Luo » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:58 am

My topic is mainly on CS. Extra accounts can be found and the users are banned here for doing such things; it would be extremely difficult for this hypothetical child to keep up the charade for long. On a drastic measure, the parent could simply block their child from reaching the internet until they were deemed 'old enough' to speak strangers; it is all in the parent's decision. And, forgive me if I may have said this before, but what good is this if I only see one pro and still yet many cons?
Vixen Luo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marina. » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:19 am

THANK YOU ;^;
marina.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Winter Soldier » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:45 am

Wouldd be better if we had spam filter for the pm instead of this I can see the flaws of this spam filter would still allow people to pm you they would just show up in a spam section this I do see is slightly unfriendly but it does offer some good options for some users who get ones a lot. I admit that a feature like this was something that people wanted but I as least figured it be something along the lines of a spam filter which again would be more friendly as with a spam filter you'd still get the p ms from people who wanted to talk about things.
The Winter Soldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KC. » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 am

The Winter Soldier wrote:Wouldd be better if we had spam filter for the pm instead of this I can see the flaws of this spam filter would still allow people to pm you they would just show up in a spam section this I do see is slightly unfriendly but it does offer some good options for some users who get ones a lot. I admit that a feature like this was something that people wanted but I as least figured it be something along the lines of a spam filter which again would be more friendly as with a spam filter you'd still get the p ms from people who wanted to talk about things.

yes this is my problem right now, a user sent me a message asking for advice on something, when i tried to reply i found she had blocked pm's like this, isn't there a way to make it so that if you have this feature on, people can still reply if you send them a pm? because i have already had a number of problems with users implementing this new feature.
Quitting!
You can find my free adopts thread here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3991929
KC.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Delete_Account_1111 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:58 am

Nova Rogue wrote:
The Winter Soldier wrote:Wouldd be better if we had spam filter for the pm instead of this I can see the flaws of this spam filter would still allow people to pm you they would just show up in a spam section this I do see is slightly unfriendly but it does offer some good options for some users who get ones a lot. I admit that a feature like this was something that people wanted but I as least figured it be something along the lines of a spam filter which again would be more friendly as with a spam filter you'd still get the p ms from people who wanted to talk about things.

yes this is my problem right now, a user sent me a message asking for advice on something, when i tried to reply i found she had blocked pm's like this, isn't there a way to make it so that if you have this feature on, people can still reply if you send them a pm? because i have already had a number of problems with users implementing this new feature.

Yeah i tried to chat with a old friend but she may have made it so i cant pm her :(
Delete_Account_1111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Winter Soldier » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:06 am

A spam filter would be much then this option i actually had this enable when it came out but quickly turned it off because it bugged me as an rp owner. i realised i would have to put an announcement up in my rp threads to direct questions to the thread rather then the pms if i kept it enabled which could potentially clutter up my roleplay due to all the questions if i kept it enabled.
The Winter Soldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me