Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Postby Tess » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Thanks everyone! Applications are now closed. Please allow a few weeks for us to go through them and select our new staff :)

We need a couple of new Oekaki Moderators :) we'll keep applications open for at least 3 days, but you should apply ASAP because we will close fast if we get a lot of applications.

Sorry, but this round you must be at least 16 to apply.

We are looking to gain around 1 - 4 new oekaki moderators. We will be most interested in members who have previously proven themselves to be mature, respectful, friendly, active members of CS. You need to have been a member for at least 6 months. It helps if you have used the oekaki before and have a good understanding of how the program and the tools work, but you don't have to be a good artist.

Please read the whole topic before applying or asking questions.

The job available is for an Oekaki Moderator. The duties of an oekaki mod include (but are not limited to):
  1. Checking and approving new posts/COPPA members' posts before they appear in the oekaki boards (and disapproving posts which don't meet CS rules).
  2. Deleting, editing, or locking off-topic posts, bullying, inappropriate content, and spam from within the oekaki boards
  3. Moving oekakis which have been placed in the wrong board
  4. Responding to topic/post reports where players have identified a problem in the oekaki boards
  5. Dealing with art theft
  6. Helping to sort out disputes between members and acting without bias
  7. Warning members who have broken site rules
  8. Referring members to an admin or senior moderator if their behavior warrants a ban

As an oekaki moderator your role is to keep the oekaki boards organized, approve oekaki posts made by COPPA users, and remove spam or art theft. This role sometimes involves warning trouble-makers for bad behavior.

Many players will not be happy about being warned, even if it is obvious they have broken the rules. You need to be able to deal calmly with conflict, without getting offended or upset.

As a moderator you will gain access to some private information about players like their warning history. You need to have respect for other players' rights to confidentiality and not share any of this information with other people. You shouldn't use this information for anything which doesn't directly relate to your duties as an oekaki moderator for CS.

You should use your moderating abilities only where required, and not use them to take advantage of situations for yourself or other players.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...just want the job so that you can get free pets/custom pets/make pets for cs/etc - that's not what the job involves.

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 6 months

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts

...have never shown any interest in visiting or using the oekaki boards before - we don't want you for the job if you wouldn't normally go near the place.

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

...are 15 or younger.

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a CS oekaki moderator?

APPLICATON
  1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
  2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
  3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
  4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
  5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
  6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
  7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
  8. Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
  9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)

Be aware that you could be asked to handle reports about offensive/inappropriate images. If you find that sometimes you're uncomfortable or upset when seeing drawings depicting nudity or blood and gore then do not apply.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby Kyuhyun Cho » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:46 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:21 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)6541

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?Everyday, Sometimes, I may come on a little later than others, but I always make sure to come and check up on CS. Im on 7 Days a week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2+ hour, depending on how much Work I have that day, I am on for more than 2 hours minimum.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have been in some forums on Howrse, but they are gone now. Its not really official, but rather, I help keep the place clean and keep bullying/harassment/fighting out of the forum.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, So many times, thought most are color ins, rather than drawings.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?Yes, I actually have. I love looking at the new pictures posted by other users and admiring their skills as an artist.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I have been on CS for over a year now, and aside from the roleplaying community, I haven't really integrated much with CS. I would like to help out a little more and get more involved. I would also love to help new users, help clear up Cs a bit from anyone who is bullying or harassing. I have seen some disputes before, and I feel like I want to help with these. Also, I would love to help new users who are not used to the Oekaki program yet and help them start. Aside from helping the community, I think it would be a great experience to moderate and would help me in the future as well, when dealing with people of all sorts.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)Yes I think I have some skill for this job. I used the the oekaki program many times and learned how to use different brushes, techniques and how to help others. I I have also in peer evaluations/ judging for certain contests. I am never biased when it comes to settling disputes and try to be as fair as possible. I also love to help and give critism or tips when needed, but not enough to make anyone feel bad. I am strong and don't mind seeing gore or any type of drawings. They do not bother me in anyway at all. I'm very careful with my words and often think before saying anything out loud.

-Kyuhyun Cho
~Thanks for reading/considering~
Last edited by Kyuhyun Cho on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I have my love and fiance,Hyuk and my past Jagiya included Jagiya and my other Jagiya
On CS ;-; Im sorry Jagiyas...Im breaking up with you, because you left...
Only the compassionate and strong can melt this ice cold heart...

CURRENTLY:"我永远是你彼得潘 我还留在时间里期盼..." Issac-Oppa, I really miss you, and Saranghae always and forever </3
I love Super Junior, SHINee, Exo and lets welcome Nu'est to the family <3
Kyuhyun Cho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Application.

Postby Hyensa » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Edited my application, Thank you.

What date did you register as a CS member?:

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    --- Total posts: 5544 (0.01% of all posts / 19.38 posts per day)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    --- I am on cs all day, everyday, even at school. I have a lot of free-time and this site is usually what I do.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    --- On a day that I do visit I spend 12+ hours with a tab open and browsing random posts on the front page, as well as art in the oekaki and some things on other websites.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
    --- Other than "the official malk army", "Hyena adopts" & something on horseland that no longer exists, I have not. I started an RP website on weebly that was not popular called "Roleplace".

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    --- Yes, I have, but I never submit my art. I often do color-ins.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    --- Yes, actually. I love to be on Deviant Art, Tegaki E, oekaki & much more art websites to see people's improvements. One of my favorite things to do while looking at people's art is go wayyyy back to see how they progressed over the years.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    --- I actually spend a lot of time on this website and would really love to give back to the community as best as I can. Back in 2008, I loved coming on here but was too young to ever make a big deal out of the site. But now CS has become a source of interest, and lately I have seen myself becoming more and more involved in art. I'd love to help people keep oekaki a safe place and organized, as well as fun for everyone. I enjoy giving critique and making people feel good about what they have done, but in the event of something too inappropriate I will not hesitate to make things right again.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)

--- For 3 years now I have been a baby sitter, pet sitter, and I help younger children with autism & other health disorders do their work and go on with their daily lives. Helping these children has taught me self-control, and calm ways of dealing with situations (like getting a chunk of my hair cut off by a nice little autistic girl who didn't know any better). My youngest brother is also Autistic, ADHD, including more I would rather not list to the public eye, and often is violent and upset over many things. I have to help him with homework, dealing with bullies at school, his weight and people teasing him about talking to girls.

I know a lot about art programs although I am a horrid artist 'in training'. Learning and dealing with situations is really fun for me, and I enjoy the time I have spent here & I really enjoy the friends I have made as well.

On the subject of being too sensitive when taking backlash from reminding someone of their fault, I take rudeness quite well. When someone responds with an unimaginably rude message, I stay professional and polite despite their rage towards me and words, they may just be going through a hard time. Not everyone takes being reminded of rules good. I completely understand how embarrassing it is to be corrected in public (which I would never expose someone to) or by PM and I will try my hardest not to make anyone else on CS feel uncomfortable when reminding them of the rules.

Keeping private information out of the public eye would not be a problem for me. I would not use anything against anyone in any situation, no matter what they do or did to me in the past or near future, nor have I ever done that in real life or will. I was raised to respect everyone's opinions and behaviors.

On the subject of having to handle seriously inappropriate things, I have the full ability to be able to do this, I've been exposed to more than I should have at my age and have the mental capacity to handle gore & other things considered not child-friendly. For 3 months I worked without payment in a mental hospital with my guardian, & that gave me the calmness to deal with situations that could easily get out of hand. Knowing how to calm people down in the hospital was a must, and I gained that ability in the time that I was there. I also once had a boyfriend with PTSD, Schizophrenia and a few other things that again I would rather not share publicly and taking care of him was a huge job, and so was keeping him calm.

I am very familiar with the rules of CS, and would be able to approve coppa'd post's without fault although everyone makes mistakes. I will try my hardest not to. I am also around the art community enough to be able to connect a stolen drawing to an original one. I can work very well in groups as that is a required thing in my equine program and my future animal science program I will be joining, we must ride horses almost exactly the same and not make a single mistake while circling around each-other.

Not sure if this is important or not, But I am able to communicate with people in multiple languages other than English if they are more comfortable discussing with me in their own language. I think that all opinion's are valued no matter what side that someone is on, so I would have no problem fixing disputes, even if I was on one belief of an argument between two people.

Overall, I know a lot about the Oekaki and will be able to help anyone who needs it. c:

Thank you for reading, and thank you for the chance.
    Good luck to everyone.
    --- Hyensa
Last edited by Hyensa on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:03 am, edited 16 times in total.
Hyensa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lavender. » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:13 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
    Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:44 pm

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
    Every day.

4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    5+ on average, 2 hours minimum

5. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
    Yes, I was an admin on a casual roleplay site I started with my friend [not sure if it counts but here]
    I have also been a mod for a few (unsuccessful) adoptables, including two of my own, as well as a couple of other rp sites that are now deleted.

6. Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    Yes, I'm almost at my 200th drawing.

7. Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
    All the time, and I often post on art with comments or critiques.

8. Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
    I've always wanted to be a bigger part of this site. I spend a lot of time on here, and I'd like to give back. I dwell on the oekaki boards on a regular basis anyway, so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity for me. I also believe this position could give me some experience that I could use later on.

9. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?):
    I know a lot about oekaki; it was my first and is my primary digital drawing program. I've improved immensely over the years and I continue to experiment and improve. I can provide tips and tricks if asked, and as an art student, I can provide constructive criticism and appreciate the effort put in to any peice. I am also observant enough to spot art theft and deal with it accordingly.
    I've been in many leader positions in real life, and I've been babysitting for many years and am the oldest of four. I know how to break up fights and be calm and fair. I am unbiased and kind, not to mention modest :> I have thick skin and can handle rude messages without taking it personally or retaliating. I'm able to use tact and common sense in sticky situations as well. I know how to be professional and pleasant at all times. Furthermore, after being here for more than three years, I know all the rules and how to abide by them.

Thank you for this exciting opportunity!
Last edited by lavender. on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
my jellybean dragons discord: coolette#0084
lavender.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:18 pm

August 28, 2008.

Generally every day of the week.

I usually have the tab open for 8+ hours, and likely spend about 5+ of that time actively browsing the site.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
CPI Forums - I have since then left the site, and no longer moderate the chatsite or forum. The connected chatsite is catspawisland.com.

Yes, I use it to draw and design.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, I do. I enjoy looking through art of all sorts and skill levels.

It would be a fun, interesting job, and I'd love to gain more experience in working on teams. It's certainly applicable to real life situations, so I'd value the chance to become part of the Oekaki moderator team.
Also, I'd be incredibly excited to be a moderator on a site I've been playing on for such a long time, especially since the position deals with one of my primary interests; art. I come on chickensmoothie mostly for the oekaki boards now, and to be able to moderate them would be wonderful.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
For one, I've been on chickensmoothie for quite some time now, so I'm very aware of how it runs. I'm also rather experienced with Oekaki and how it works, and I consider myself to be a patient person capable of answering questions about the program.
I am mildly experienced with working on a team already, my experience coming from a manga scanning group. (You can find me listed on the staff page, username Mar.)
Manga scanning is a team effort and requires great coordination and communication seeing as a single chapter is generally shared between 5 or so people of varying roles before being uploaded to read. It's certainly taught me the importance of communication and getting work or assignments done on time. The role of a manga proofreader is obviously different than the role of an Oekaki moderator, but I believe the teamwork experience will be beneficial to my ability to work.
In addition, I have experience with teaching seeing as I am an English tutor. I work with mainly younger children in 1st-7th grade, so I'm very used to breaking things down and patiently working with others until they understand what they need to know.

Thank you for your time,

-aoba
Last edited by mawsoleum on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:30 am, edited 6 times in total.

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elsie » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:20 pm

I have made various oekaki drawings in the past, but I asked a staff member to remove most of them. Now that I only have my iPad since my computer broke, flash/the oekaki program doesn't work on it.

Would I still be able to apply?
don't go, i can't do this on my own
taking back what's ours

//
elsie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:24 pm

kittensmittens wrote:I have made various oekaki drawings in the past, but I asked a staff member to remove most of them. Now that I only have my iPad since my computer broke, flash/the oekaki program doesn't work on it.

Would I still be able to apply?

That's fine, it's not a requirement for you to be able to use the oekaki, but it helps you to do the job if you know how it works (and clearly you do, since you've used it a few times before)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spark Platinum » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:25 pm

07 June, 2011 (at 8:50 ^^)

3851 and counting

Every Day, i do lots of art orders and jobs on this site, as well as talk and roleplay with a lot of friends on here.

I'd say around about, 6-8 hours on a weekday and 8-12 hours on weekends.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I do some modding of sorts on my dads company website here:http://www.roversandrotarys.co.uk/, this also icludes the facebook page i help my dad maintain.
And i have done modding on my own adopts on here which are now closed down.

Yes! All the time when possible, 941 times to be exact.

I spend a lot of time browsing the oekaki boards, especially to watch as some if my favourite artists improve so much in short time, my favorite board is the Advanced oekaki, some of the art there inspires me to do my best to be a better artist myself.

I would love to be an oekaki moderator firstly, because i believe it would be a good oppurtunity to gain some experiance in modding, and earn a little resposability. I am already a manager of my dads company, and i think this may help me learn more about social skills and responsabilyt over all.

Secondly, I beleive i am a friendly person, i may not be as well known as many other users around the site, but i have many friends here who i cherish truely. I am very confident that i can manage the task of being a moderator as i will speak my mind if nessasary and put users in their place, though my bark is worse than my bite most definately.

Furthermore, I am very fond of caring for others and showing them the right way, as well as explaining to people what the rights and wrongs are, as i am very aware of the rights and wrongs, the rules of the site.

Finnaly, I am awfully familiar with this site, i tend to use oekaki everyday as i am now quite experianced in using it more than any other art program, such as paint tool SAI or Photoshop. I have posted drawring in all the board, eccept for advanced oekaki, but hopefully that time will come soon. Thus concludes why i have applied for this job abd wonderful oppurtunity.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I do not yet posess many skills in which could be useful for this job, but, like i have already explained, i am very familiar with the oekaki program, ive learned the uses of every tool and have used them all at least once in my art here. Im sorry i could not bring more variety of skill to my application, but i hope it dosnt change my chances.

Thank you for this lovely oppurtunity to join the CS ranks, good luck to all the users who are applying <333
Last edited by Spark Platinum on Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Art Trades: Closed || Commissions: Open (Contact me offsite)|| Requests: Closed
Spark Platinum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ovacalix » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Mon Dec 28, 2009
    Every day of the week
    I would say at minimum, two to three hours. If I am not bothered by school or other real life issues I usually spend anywhere between four to eight hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them;;
    Indeed I have! I moderate the JBD species here and on the fanforums, both under the name Mute c:
    Yes I have! Since 2011 I think!
    Yeah! I lurk around the Oekaki boards quite a bit, I love seeing the creativity of others!
    I love doing constructive work in everything I participate in, it makes me happy when I can do something to contribute to a community (of any type), may it be to settle out a dispute or simply direct people down the right path. I really appreciate what the Oekaki Moderators do for the artists on the site, and to be quite honest I look up to them, to join them and help out would be phenomenal! I have a deep passion for art, and want nothing more than be able to contribute to the artist's community here on Chicken Smoothie like the Oekaki Moderators have.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
    I am capable of handling angry or upset people in a mature manner without getting angry or offended myself. I am not phased or daunted by rough situations or harsh words, rather I am able to keep a cool head and continue to work efficiently despite whatever work situations may be thrown at me. I consider myself an aged user of oekaki, being it was my first digital art program used, I know a lot of the opportunities it has to offer! I consider myself to be a person who gets to the point, I don't beat around the bush or sugar-coat things too much, I'd like to get situations settled quickly and completely.

Thanks for the opportunity!
            - Mute
Last edited by Ovacalix on Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
he/him | adult | artist and dork
inactive - if you need to get in contact with me, I am on dA
♦| best friend | ♦ | boombox |♦

Ovacalix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby serl » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:32 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
August 20th,2013
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
As much as I can get my 'paws' on!
As much as I can.Usally around 2+
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Nuh-uh.
I will,once me oekaki works...
Yep!I love looking at art.Inspires me...
Well,I want to be a helper of CS.Its a dream of my internet life :P I would also fit it because,I LOVE to draw!And,I quite think It would be nice...
I don't know why,but my oekaki doesn't work.But,I try my best on art.
P.S Can I still rp with my friends?On the forums,of course.
P.P.S Can I apply for two things just in case?
P.P.P.S Can I use bases?
Thank you!
╔═════════════╗

kaia/serl
she | paper rad#2431
hi i'm serl <3 my special interest is
cats! currently, i'm hyperfixating on the
idolm@ster, touhou, and chicken
smoothie! i'm a big rhythm game fan
and i frequent my local arcade! i also
really love music <3 my favorite
genres are happy hardcore, denpa,