Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+)CLOSING

Postby .:Flamefur:. » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:21 am

Oh, sorry, thank you
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! I'm Flamefur, not much to say, later I will be adding more squibys!
.:Flamefur:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paz » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 am

what date did you register as a CS member?
      july 7, 2010
      how many posts have you made in the forum?
      how many days a week do you usually visit CS?
      every day.
      how many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
      usually for several hours. the minimum a day would be four hours, but usually i spend six to seven normally.
      have you moderated on any other forums before?
      unfortunately, no, but i am very aware of the duties of a mod.
      have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
      when i first joined, i loved using the oekaki and would draw quite often. however, i realized that i wasn't very good (as i have a mouse) and started to enjoy looking at other people's art instead of drawing my own.
      do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
      like i said before, i love looking at what other people draw on the oekaki board. i draw and sketch a lot in person, so i love seeing what other users draw. i usually visit the advanced oekaki board more than any other. when i get my drawing tablet, i will be using it very often with the oekaki program.
      why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
      i would love to be able to help in the oekaki forums and help prevent anything that isn't child friendly to go around. CS is one of the most child friendly websites i have been on that is enjoyable for 18+ people all the way down to ten year olds and it has a great atmosphere about it and i feel as if i can help keeping it that way. i am on quite a while every day and would like to make everyone's time on cs enjoyable. i usually report things to mods if i see that it has been placed in a wrong board or if they are having problems or if it is inappropriate, so i wouldn't mind handling it as well. i also go to the introduction forum and i message the newer members, so helping out with the members who don't know what they are doing isn't out of the question.
      can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
      after using the oekaki program, i know the basics of it, so i would be able to help users if they ever had a question on how to use it. i have taken several counseling classes and a small meditation course as i am considering to be a counsler for young adults or younger children. i volunteer at the local hospital, animal shelter, school, and several other places, so i can deal with a lot of scenarios. this includes a lot of blood, sometimes violent or/and upset people, bullies, and just dealing with people in general. i have a large family so disputes and bullying are pretty easy to handle for me. i wouldn't mind dealing with drawings that might have inappropriate content.

thank you so much for your time and wish you the best of luck as you choose. c:
paz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Artimist » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:01 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: sometime in 2011.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): As of now 456
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I am usually on all week but Saturday and sunday I have real life commitments, but usually I at least check in!
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Its off and on, But I am usually on at least 4-5 hours per day altogether.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?
No, I haven't but I really would love to do this and gain some experience!
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes! Im not amazing but I have and I love to check out others artwork and gift them on art I find pretty.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes ^ Its fun!
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I love looking at the oekaki, also I want to make CS a better place, I can't tell you how many times I've found trolls! there annoying and ruin the fun for others, so doing this will reduce them and help the CS community!
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I am good at reading, like 2-3 years above grade level. On Saturdays I volunteer at my local library where I work with people of ALL ages from 6-60! So I know how to politely handle younger kids without yelling or losing my temper and how to guide adults without sounding rude. I also took care of my niece and nephew for 3 summers, so I Really work well with children!
"Mᴇɴ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ. Bᴜᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ʜᴏʟᴅ ɴᴏ ᴠᴀʟᴜᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ. Wʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʜᴀs ɴᴏᴡ ᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴄᴀᴘᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ. Lᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ, ᴡᴇ sᴜʀʀᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ. Bᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏғ ᴜs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴡᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴜᴘ. Tʜᴇʏ ʀᴇᴍɪɴᴅ ᴜs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴏɪᴄᴇ. Tᴏ sᴛᴀɴᴅ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴋɴᴇᴇʟ. Tᴏ ᴏᴘᴘᴏsᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴏʙᴇʏ. Tᴏ ʟɪᴠᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴇxɪsᴛ."
-Eᴅᴡᴀʀᴅ Kᴇɴᴡᴀʏ

Image Image Image Image
Image Image ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImage Image
Artimist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kylee Hart » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:43 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
I joined on Mon Sep 09, 2013 at 2:10 pm.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
1288. I'm a bit of a roleplayer. :D
6 at least, usually 7.
As long as I need to (respectively). Some days I spend more time here than I should, and some days I don't. Usually I spend 2-3 hours on a weekday, and more on a weekend if I don't have exams coming up.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I helped my twin brother with a website that we led for a little while, then it got too expensive and we took it down. I help out on this thread, as well as owning this thread, this thread, and this thread.
I have used it a few times.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes.
This one, this one, this one, this one, and this one are some of my favorites.
I enjoy helping and having a job to do. I like to be busy and not have tons of spare time on my hands, and this is a perfect chance.
I would really like to work alongside some of the most amazing staff ever, here on CS, and get some practice with online moderating.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I have done some things previously in psychology, and usually I am able to sort things out. I consider myself levelheaded and steady, and think I would be able to help in many situations. I am perfectly fine seeing and removing gory or otherwise inappropriate pictures, and have already read the rules several times.

My apologies if this turned into a bit of a horror story to read. I really hope you had fun reading it and looking through the assorted links, and hopefully it was readable enough. I am currently very eager to see the results, and best of luck to all.
Last edited by Kylee Hart on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
۞ Ƥнσɛnιx ۞

ImageImageImage

╔═════════════════════════╗
╚═════════════════════════╝
Signature by Of The Falls
Kylee Hart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skruff » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:28 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:43 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1142
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 4-5 days
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? about 2 hours. Sometimes more sometimes less. Usually I'm on 30 mins in morning 30 mins midday, 1 hour in the evening.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have moderated a few adoptable pages and have also created my own adoptables.
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1004281
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=888110
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=801401
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=787151
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=774976

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes I have used the Oekaki a number of times.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, whenever I am on CS I spend most of my time browsing the Oekaki board
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would love to be involved in keeping this site a safe and comfortable environment for the members and to bring my calm and kind way of enforcing the rules and regulations.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) I have had enough experience with the Oekaki program to know how it works and am able to answer questions given to me about the program. I have been involved in a number of different peer mediation programs and was an active bystander. I have taken part in peer support programs as well.
skruff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gypaetus Barbatus » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:32 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
26 Jan 2012, 13:29
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
2033 +1 with this post.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
I visit Chicken Smoothie daily, every day of the week, every week of the month, every day of the year.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
I spend a good two to three hours a day browsing the forums, looking around or drawing. I enjoy being online and helpful whenever I can, and I love drawing with the Oekaki programme.
No.
Yes - I am drawing rather often, though not always posting the drawings as I just randomly like to practice or draw whenever I am bored, for example. I totally love the programme as it is easy to use and like no other.
Yes, I daily browse the Oekaki board, looking at all kinds of drawings. I enjoy seeing other people's talents, from beginners to very experienced artists. I often search for inspiration as well while browsing the Oekaki board, or just randomly to see if there are any new artists and art that I haven't seen before and that I like.
I like helping out, especially if people don't know what to do. I'm pretty well known with the drawing programme used on here as I have it on my own and I draw with it very often. I would like to be a moderator to help out this website which I love so much, and to settle disputes between members whenever needed, or move a drawing to another section if it's placed wrong.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
Mmm... People have told me often that I'm quite good with words and settling down fights between people. I am able to remain calm in a lot of difficult situations and I will listen to both arguments, and if I can't solve it myself, ask for help from another moderator. I suppose that can come in quite handy.
name's alec. legally an adult and thus paying bills. they/them or he/him pronouns have my preference.
Gypaetus Barbatus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marten » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:07 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) Tuesday, August 6 2013
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) including this one, 1909
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Hmm.... Almost every day.... I'd say 6/7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? As much as possible! (3-7 hours)
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Unfortunately no :(
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yeah, though I'm not very good at it :)
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Oh yes, all the time!
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? Because I love looking at all the art here, though I do occasionally see a few examples of bullying/ spamming...
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) skills?! I'm pretty good at spotting bad words, bullying, or spamming on threads :)
marten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tomori » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:07 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
26th July 2011 at 17:10pm c:

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
7321 posts

Usually seven days a week

About three to four hours on a weekday {mondays to thursdays} and six to seven hours on a weekend {friday evenings to sundays}

Nope, this would be a first time!

Yes I have, and I would more often but my Java has recently been messed up so once I get that sorted I'll get back to some artwork c:

I do look at the Advanced artwork and be all like "Wooooooow how are they so Mozart-ish but then again I do praise the Beginner's and Intermediate's boards because they are all equally as good c: I'm very keen in the editable artwork as well! {And use it following the appropriate rules, of course.}

It would just be a lot of fun and plus I always want to help the community and make it safer, happier and and easier to use for all users. I would respond to what they would say and do what I can to answer or respond to what they require- I just like giving a helping hand! Don't worry, I don't bark or bite! /squeak/
tomori - she/her - infp - capricorn - british (gmt)

q&i - mal - best friendo

some pretty cool dudes: - -

discord: tomori #9911
i don't use this site anymore. if you're up for an rp
then please find me on quill & ink roleplay
Tomori

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby breath. » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:22 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 22nd of July, 2011, 7:02 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3586
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: at least 30 minutes but usually 1 and a half hours
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I'm sorry, no.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: yes I have ( I'm not that good though... :lol: )
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: yes, I love looking at the amazing art people make.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I'm an artist myself ( not digital ) and I love looking at others art. I'm against bullying as I have suffered from it all through my school years. Whenever I see a post being spammed, I report it. I'm not a tattle tail, but I don't like seeing this beautiful community spammed up by bullies and rudeness. I love helping so it's a dream.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I have helped out in peer support at my school ( showing year 7's around ), I helped run the school library in year 6. I know basic HTML ( I don't know if that will help? ), I'm ok with graphic design to revamp things if needed, I know my way around the site and the Oekaki so I can teach newbies how to use the Oekaki.
breath.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .siren » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:42 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: I joined September 8th, 2011, 7:24 pm
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 57998
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I get on CS 7 days a week
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? During school hours I am on about 30 minutes at a time once my classwork is finished, when I get home however, I spend about 4-5 hours on chickensmoothie
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I have not be a mod for fourms before
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? I have a few times actually
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I enjoy looking at the art people do post on the oekaki board, I enjoy seeing the variations of the artists, I also enjoy seeing those improve overtime.
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would quiet enjoy being an oekaki moderator, I enjoy art and watching others improve. I would also like to help those out by explaining how the tools work and even helping them out on any-other questions related to the board. Since I do spend most of my time on cs in the oekaki bored now, I think I'd be a helpful hand at finding those art that break the rules or are inappropriate to the younger viewers.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I enjoy giving helpful tips to those who don't understand how to use the tools. I tend to learn things quickly so I don't mind helping those out. I would also like to say thank you for allowing me to try out for this position. I do hope to join the team ^^
I used to be .greentea, do not steal I may go back.
►Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,your kingdom come,your will be done, on earth as in heaven.Give us today our daily bread.Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.Save us from the time of trial and deliver us from evil.[For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours now and for ever.] Amen
.siren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me