Now hiring new Roleplay Moderators! (age 18+) Apply inside

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Now hiring new Roleplay Moderators! (age 18+) Apply insi

Postby TwistedDreams » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:32 pm

APPLICATION

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) June 7, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 3146

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 17 or younger, no excuses.) Yes, I am.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually one to one and a half in the morning before work and then a few (at least 3) in the evening actively. Normally I leave the CS window open all night until I go to bed and pop back over to check every once in a while.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them Yes, I have but honestly those sites have been shut down for some time now. I used to be a Moderator for a site called Pine Ridge Herding Please Click To Go.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. Normally I participate in 1-on-1 roleplays via Instant Messenger or e-mail, but I have always been an active role-player in literate RPs across the web. Most of the places I used to role-play have shut down, or are no longer active, but I've had over a decade of experience in Moderating, and participating, in role-plays.

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I have not, but that is mostly for the reason that I usually find someone to RP with and take the RP to Instant Messenger or e-mail so that we can catch one another online and role-play much more frequently that way.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I love being able to help people, and being a Moderator is a position that I am familiar with and very comfortable with. I have taken a look through the role-play forums a number of times and have noticed that they seem to be a little bogged down (nobody's fault obviously, although hence why you're hiring new Mods I'm sure) and I would love to be able to help bring them to a more orderly fashion.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Since the late '90's I have successfully built and run half a dozen text-based RP sites. I kept 4 of those sites going for over 3 years myself before handing over the reigns to some of my more trusted Admins to run. Those sites have since shut down (they were never very fancy or anything, I'm not a coder haha) but I have a great deal of experience for a Moderator role. I also have a fair bit of experience in Peer Mediation (chosen as one of 6 from my high school to be a student mediator from 10th to 12th grade; plus familial history of Social Workers ((parents)) and learning from them).
TwistedDreams

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polyester girl. » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:29 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Friday July sixth, 2012.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 17 or younger, no excuses.)
This account used to belong to my cousin; (coolcat790 was their username) but i have took it from them. They are younger than 17, but i myself promise that i am over 18.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
For a while i was on hiatus; but now i'm usually on everyday of the week. But I'm usually not on for occasions like christmas, new years eve, halloween etc.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I don't really keep track; but i'm pretty sure it's over 2 hours. Shouldn't you have records of how long i'm on anyway? And if you don't; sorry!
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
It's not really a forum but i used to moderate on animal jam spirit chat (the chatroll not the chatwing) but unfortunately that chat was hacked and deleted.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
I roleplay on chatroll ( http://chatroll.com ) all the time and occasionally roleplay on tumblr. ( http://tumblr.com )
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, i'm active in some roleplays on cs right now actually!
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I enjoy roleplaying as it is good practice for my writing; and i think it'd be great to stop any explicit or gory content. But the main reason is for the art theft on roleplay forums; which is extremely common! I'll be honest here and say this; i have had warnings for art theft. But those were a long time ago, and i've learnt. And now i want to stop people from doing art theft, so they don't make the same mistake as i did. Because art belongs to the artist and always should be asked to be reposted. Reposting art without permission really is like stealing a chocolate bar from a shop then putting it back with only the wrapper in my opinion.

But anyway, besides the art theft i find it disgusting that people would roleplay explicit sexual scenes. I think they should move all scenes like that to a different site or email, not put them here for child's eyes to see.

About gore; i think that blood and guts don't need to be described on this site. They could just say "It left a wound" or something like that.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I guess i could say i'd be a bit good at sorting out arguments. When i was a moderator on animal jam spirit chat; i had sorted out a bit of the drama.

████████████████████████████████████████
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
⇣⇣ I'LL BE YOUR SKY xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxyou can hide underneath me
and come out at night

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xX xX xX xX
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TUMBLR SEMILITANIME RP
LOOKINGXFORX ART

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
when I turn jet black
xxxxxxxxxxAND YOU SHOW OFF YOUR LIGHT
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
████████████████████████████████████████
polyester girl.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbitheart » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:01 pm

APPLICATION
What date did you register as a CS member?: I registered on December 15th, 2010, so 3 years ago this month.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 1,000 posts out of my 12,045 total posts, so about 8.3% of all my posts here have been made in that forum.
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 17 or younger, no excuses.) Yes, I am.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I generally visit Chicken Smoothie every day during a week if there aren't any complications with internet access or anything like that.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I'm generally on Chicken Smoothie for several hours, averaging probably about 4-6 hours a day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I am a mod for the Character Adoption Addicts Anonymous (CAAA) topic/thread here on CS since the topic/thread began.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to the Yes, though many of those are sites that I no longer frequent though, such as PetAdoptables. I do roleplay on the JBD Fan Forum, usually in the chat though, so I can't really link to those.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes, I have participated in a plethora of roleplays here on CS, more than I can probably count as I honestly enjoy roleplaying. I believe I started participating in roleplays fairly early on when I joined CS.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I have always wanted to be a mod for CS, to help out on the website that I love and spend so much time on. I love to help people, both online and in real life, I am very approachable and willing to give advice to the best of my abilities on aspects concerning the website or just rules for certain topics. I love to read and write, so I would not mind going through topics to see if they contain any material that should not be in there because they are against the rules. I honestly want to be able to help out around the website that I love frequenting so much and make sure that the forum that is one of my more frequented forums a safe, clean, and appropriate place to be. I believe that I bring a lot to the table, I am capable of being objective and making suggestions on what actions should be taken to users. I believe that I am also capable of being reliable to do my job and to do it well and to the very best of my abilities. I am also able to admit when something is out of my hands to do or solve and I am not afraid to seek help or advice on what I should do before doing it.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have experience as a leader having been in the FFA (Future Farmers of America) and in having taken a course in college called "Into to Student Government" which both stressed the importance of proper conduct and with dealing with difficult situations with others. So I do have experience in peer mediation and with dealing with difficult or challenging people.
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby biohazardous beauty » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:20 pm

APPLICATION

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: 31st July 2009

2.How many posts have you made in the forum: 8701

3.Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: Yes I am

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7days

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Aslong as I possibly can, usually five to six hours

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? Nope

7.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I have on several sites, but the roleplays are no longer active

8.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes quite a number of different types of roleplays

9.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I'd like to become a moderator for the roleplaying board because I love to roleplay myself and know the do's and dont's concerning the rules. I also want to help other roleplayers in any way that I possibly can either by helping with issues, the rules or rule breakers. I also want to help to keep the roleplay forum child friendly

10.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I have good understanding of different view points and can find different solutions to issues, I've been a mini-mod for some roleplays and incharge of my own roleplays and enforce the rules if one is broken
ImageThanks Layalu!
If you play Ovipets on Facebook, Add me - Tasha (i have joker as my avi :3 )
biohazardous beauty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby C.R.E.A.M » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:09 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 11th, 2011, 7:30 am

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1026 - but I've recently came back from a hiatus/break, so that's understandable!

Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: yes

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: rarely, around 10 hours but most often i spend around 4-5 hours!

Have you moderated on any other forums before?: Yes -> http://forum.wolfhome.com; which is a quite well known site, dating back form 1999 until now!

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?: i don't really roleplay on websites, i usually just roleplay privately with my friends because it makes everything more enjoyable in my opinion!

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: yes, quite a lot as far as i can remember n_n

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: well, first of all i think its a fun job. its a way to explore your own qualities and enjoy yourself at the same time. even if its a lot of responsibility, i find this job rather easy but difficult at the same time! thats what i call challenging. on the other hand, i would like to keep all mature content away from younger users and make roleplay more enjoyable without any type of "dangers" + that i love roleplaying, i think its a nice way to forget about stress and relax!

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: to be completely honest, i am not entirely sure myself either; i guess i am always open to learn and apply, and also take the best from others so im often considered as a good example to follow, i also hardly ever get annoyed/angry so it would be really hard for something to tick me off haha.

i hope this is okay! good luck to everyone else :+)

C.R.E.A.M

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby YouFavoriteRaven » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:03 am

Question: Are users over 10 or 11 alloyd to apply for any jobs on CS? because i would like to apply for something to do in my spear time, i have over 2 hours on CS and i enjoy this game very much that much i just want to be a big part of it, if you do apply 11+ please Let me know :D
YouFavoriteRaven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandle » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:30 am

Rare-benny wrote:Question: Are users over 10 or 11 alloyd to apply for any jobs on CS? because i would like to apply for something to do in my spear time, i have over 2 hours on CS and i enjoy this game very much that much i just want to be a big part of it, if you do apply 11+ please Let me know :D

Please read the front page before posting comments like this: we've clearly expressed that all applicants must be 18 years old or older to apply. This is because some of the content you may come across is mature and not suitable for younger members. Only posts regarding this application should be posted here, other questions can be made via the help tickets.
Pandle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ringo, » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:15 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
november 24th, 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 17 or younger, no excuses.)
yes, i am. i'm also able to handle mature content
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
although lately i have not been on cs as much as i used to be, i would be willing to exeed the amount of time i get on. usually, as of now i've been getting on once to twice a week, sometimes three. i've been busy lately but i've also been wanting to get back into roleplaying, and cs in general.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
as stated above, i haven't had much time to get on so it's usually just maybe one to two hours at the most.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
i've moderated just a couple rp's on another website that roleplaying is popular on, although the forums are long gone (as is my account) so i would not be able to link you to them. apologies, although this is the link to the site
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them.
i've really only participated in roleplays on two sites, being cs and howrse, as linked above. i got my start on roleplaying on howrse, as i had joined long before i found out about cs. probably somewhere between 2005-2006.link to website
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
yes, i've paricipated in countless numbers of roleplays. playing as both the creator, moderator and regular member.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
i think it would give me reason and motivation to go on cs more than i have been. i know, actually that it would give me motivation as i would be very active if i were lucky enough to be chosen as a roleplay moderator. being a moderator would also help me to be more involved with the cs community, which i know would be fun, as well participate in more of the activities the staff puts together.
honestly, i don't have any outstanding skills that i can bring to the plate. i'm an experienced roleplayer, though i haven't had too much experience with moderating roleplays. sure, i've been asked to and accepted mod positions in roleplays but i really didn't have much correcting to do when i had been those couple times.
ringo,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:30 am

Rare-benny wrote:Question: Are users over 10 or 11 alloyd to apply for any jobs on CS? because i would like to apply for something to do in my spear time, i have over 2 hours on CS and i enjoy this game very much that much i just want to be a big part of it, if you do apply 11+ please Let me know :D

The only positions available that has no age restrictions are the General Helpers, that we recently had opened applications for, and the Fanart archivists. There are no applications available for either position at the moment, so you'll have to wait and see when we decide to open applications next.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exoneration » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:11 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:02 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 472
Without posting your actual age, are you old enough to apply for this position?: (Do NOT apply if you are 17 or younger, no excuses.)Yes.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Seven
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Uhm.. a fair few, I always have a CS tab open. So.. 10? On-off.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No, but I have modded on a few MMORPGs.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there's any places in particular, please link to them. I have, but they were through PM. Never through forums. Well, when I was younger I used to Rp on Neopets but that's long, long past.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? No, not on CS. I've been watching a few of the more intresting ones, though.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? Well, as.. odd as it sounds I've wanted to be staff, or quasi staff on CS for a long while. I'm not exactly sure why, but there's just some.. draw this site has. This is just the first step.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Well, I write. Not novel length, but a fair amount. In writing there are many rules you have to follow, grammatical and otherwise. Some of the rules are bendable, some not. I can understand applying this philosophy in other places other than just written word.

x
╒═════════╕

Imagex

╘═════════╛
╓─────────────────────╖

wanna be friends? send me a pm
i've been inactive since 2018.
i'm slowly getting back into the swing of things
still missing a ton of pets. trade me?

trades | auction | discord | ©
x
»»————««