GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby Hekomi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:29 am

Sebastian Scarlett wrote:I would be very interested in becoming a Global Moderator, however I am going to live in a rainforest for a year very soon, and will not have any internet access. Do have any idea if there may be positions available again in the future? I understand completely if you do not yet know. Thank you!

There's no guarantee, but usually we need new staff once a year or so as we grow, based on the hirings of the past few year. :)
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mys » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:41 am

APPLICATON

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: I joined on September 16th, 2010.

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): I have made 8131 posts at the time of applying.

3. Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am old enough and am willing to risk it, to protect the younger members on here.

4. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I visit CS every day of the week.

5. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I spend at least 3-4 hours during the week on here and about 5-6 hours during the weekend. I normally spend a lot of time in the General Discussion forum but I browse a lot of the other forums as well.
6. Have you moderated on any other forums before?: I have not moderated any forums before. This will be my first time, but I'd like to gain some experience.

7. Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I would want to be a moderator for CS because I've been on here for several years and would like to contribute back to the site. I really enjoy the message board and that's where I mainly spend my time. I used to not be that way, but I've made quite a lot of good friends on here.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:I enjoy helping members out when I can and am willing to answer questions. I've got a lot of the threads that contain important information bookmarked. In general I do my very best to be friendly towards and respect others without bias. I know when someone has posted in the wrong forum, or when their thread is spam.I have a lot of experience with the oekaki and can answer questions regarding it quite well. I know this will be a lot of responsibility and work, but I'm up for the challenge.

Thank you for this opportunity, and good luck to everyone else who's applying.
Last edited by Mys on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Can I tell you something...?

I want to tell you something...

It's just an old story.

I will sing the meanings...

That you taught me...

About devotion...
☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Mys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby reynard » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:42 am

Hello Tess, everybody.
I have a small question, which I believe I know the answer too, but wish to just check. No harm in asking, eh?

I will be of the age requirement in just about 2 months. I already moderate for another site, and take college level courses.

On the other site, my job description is very similar to this.

Basically, I meet all qualifications, except for age, of which I am only slightly off on.

Could I still apply, or would you rather I not?
Thank you.
Image]

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 14 gifts.

IMPORTANT INFO: For the description portion, you have to break up each line to fit within the invisible boundary. Try to fit it within the "page break".
reynard
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaisieGames » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:45 am

APPLICATON
1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) August 2008

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)19603

3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting
for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, I'm of age and willing to screan posts that might have adult content.

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-4 hours.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them; Yes one: http://breathingfireadopts.freeclanforum.com/

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I love the community we have here. It seems like we are more faimily then friends sometimes. I'd like to keep the community like this, and keep the site age apporite for the younger players of CS.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) Not right now, except for Link Leader, which helps incoming freshman(9th graders) transition to the high school eaiser.
DaisieGames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DaDwarf » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:51 am

• What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) Thu Mar 26, 2009
  • How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 14982
  • Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) I'm 18+ and i have no problem with seeing adult content and getting rid of it.
  • How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day.
  • How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Usually around 6+ hours, when i'm at home CS is always open and when i'm away i browse CS on my phone.
  • Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them; I own and moderate a forum and have moderated on two other small RP forums. However, those two sites have been long deleted. All 3 these sites were meant for a select group of people, they didn't have over 50 members ^.^ I am familiar with some of those sites moderation tools though.

• Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I've been playing CS for a good while now, making friends, collecting pets. I've always wanted to give something back to CS, and although I do as much as I can now, I would love the opportunity to help more. CS is a very big part of my daily routine, where I scan the many threads and boards and doing my best to assist where and when I can. I usually leave CS open in my browser, I am notified via email when people post, or send me a PM or Trade, and I reply reasonably quickly. I enjoy my stay here on CS, I haven't found a site quite like CS and I fit in here well. I help out were i can.

I believe I am quite knowledgeable about CS pet rarities, and because of this, I already receive a lot of PM's from members asking for advice. I come in contact with a lot of people this way. I also co-own the FTT xat chat (With Hekomi and Pideaux) where i'm online all day to assist people in problems on CS, either with trades or other more general things. Any problem, i know which mod to contact or how to get the right information.

• Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    I speak Dutch, German and English, I know basic coding (Both BBcode and HTML). I am patient and relaxed person, especially when it comes to explaining the ways of CS to new people.

For over a year, i've been working with/for DisabledLlama and Hekomi and helped them with charting the outcomes on the monthly outcomes thread (current thread). I deal with outcome questions on the thread monthly, most of the times having to repeat myself while explaining.

I worked in a pet store for over 2 years, i learnt how to deal with angry customers there, how to please them without bending to their will and address them in a calm manner. I recently finished my study of management skills, which involved a 'how to react' plan for angry/upset people in certain situations, which i can apply on and offline.

Thank you for your time ^.^
Last edited by DaDwarf on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
DaDwarf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:53 am

• What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
    Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:01 pm
    I applied at the time, though I did not first understand there was a reason for the forums but am thankful they did occur.

• How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

• Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
    I'm getting along in my years and as an adult I'm sure I could handle the content involved in those risque type reports.

• How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Generally daily, though I have missed a day from time to time due to over time at my job.

• How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    About two hours in the least and these are usually during work days, often I can find myself spending at least three or even seven hours here if not more on days I am off.

• Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    I use to be a moderator on a long dead form but I'm also involved in Jellybean Dragons, and a species called the Ancient Whelkon.

I have to say that being interactive with a species or even a site is a lot different than being employed as a staff member to said species. Often I step back and look at situations that are presented in an unbiased manner and try to stay optimistic about ordeals. I often have to 'think outside of the box' and try to think of the situation in the eyes of another and how to handle each situation depending on the severity. I work with a staff of all ages and usually their ages never come into play into a situation. I listen from all perspectives and appreciate we have that wide range they bring to the table.

The JBD community is mostly composed to younger teens to some in their late teens. Emotions come into a large play while interacting with these members and there has been some high stress times. I have been known as one of the elder staff members and often have handled things collectively and in a calm manageable manner while keeping some of the other staff composed as well. Often trying to make things more optimistic during bleak times and helping people along with answers and their concerns whenever possible. I like to think that I'm often approachable to even younger members of our community and can be approached with any of their concerns.

I understand that being tactful and understanding what others perceive is a big part of being a mod. I have to handle manners in a respectful manner but with a firm hand to often get a point across. I've enjoyed being a part of the JBD team just due to the life experiences and being able to make others happy while in a controlled environment.

• Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I guess more importantly I feel there has been a lot of stress on the mods come of late and that's just from knowing one. On top of that I know sometimes a lot of reports can come in off the fly and I want to lessen the stress on the current employed mods. The only way I can really do this is to apply and to use my knowledge. I'm getting along in my years and anyone that knows me can openly admit that I'm pretty darn open minded about a good deal of things; I'm a relaxed person but I can also lay down a strong hand when it's needed. I'm non-biased to a lot of causes and make a lot of open call judgements at my own work which has helped me along to obtain these skills.

On the other hand I feel there is a lot more I can do for the community since I've been here for so long and I've watched the site grow as it is today. I've loved Chicken smoothie like no other site and often find myself even after small breaks returning to it every month to adopt these pets and to interact with the people here. I've been through much and while other sites have come and gone I'm still here. I suppose that says a lot about the community here. I also want to help and be able to give a lending hand whenever possible.

• Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
    I am currently employed as a U-haul staff member, not any member but I work at the Cafe. All of us are required to keep level heads in a very stress filled work environment which can change by the hour what task you are doing. I work with people daily in an HR like environment and deal with issues as they come up. Often answering and responding to customers ideas and complaints and helping them without a bat of the eye. Often its said we must know what the customer wants before they ask. I do my best to live up to that. We also hold sponsored events for Charities and caterings to weddings and other big events. One known Charity that we sponsor being our yearly Solder Walk for Veterans which is always a busy event for all those involved.
    I would also like to think I pull my weight around the JBD community and try to keep a level head on the members and staff alike.
Last edited by PolarAzulTigris on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Gypsum » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:56 am

1.) What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
September 23, 2011

2.) How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

3.) Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes.

4.) How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Generally 5 - 7 days.

5.) How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Several hours(4 - 5) throughout the day. I'm on much more during holidays and events.

6.) Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I am currently a moderator on The Dragon Empire. I am known as TayajiiKaiga there.

7.) Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
It's always been a dream of mine to be more than a member. I really enjoy this site, and it would be an honor to be able to help out in any way I can. I also have a deep passion for helping, and I think it would be a great way to do just that, as well as make friends. :)

8.) Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Nothing at the moment, but I plan on learning spanish and german in the near future.
--

(( Current Event Swap Thread ;; January '23 Swap Thread ))

Current Dreamies!
(( ^Bees are the awesome. <3 ))
Current Mood: So sick of overpay and greed. >_<
Lady Gypsum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bear & Dove » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:57 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
April 2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
over 3500
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Daily
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
At least 3.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I adore the site. I love the sense of community the site has. I love doing my best to help people. I have a couple of free adoption threads but I would love to do more to help my CS family.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position.
Although I don't have any experience, I am willing and able to learn. I have a lot of time on my hands so I could give the site the attention it needs.
Bear & Dove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:57 am

Application.

September 23rd, 2008.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes.

Usually 7 days a week.

Can range anywhere from 2 to 8 hours or more-- I'm online a lot, and CS is often sort of 'on in the background' so I can check in frequently.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No.

I've been with CS for nearly five years now, and watched it grow from just a small site with only a handful of members and limitless Rose dog adopts to the large, diverse site it is today. I've made a number of friends here, and have always tried to remain friendly and kind, and help out wherever I can. I want to be a moderator so I can better help the community, especially when it comes to matters like spam posts and art theft. Plus, I just feel that this is a good skill to work on, enforcing rules but not being a... well, for lack of a better term, a complete jerk about it.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I am usually very quick to respond to anything that might need attention, I hate letting things pile up. I've also got a pretty good idea of most of the 'lesser known' rules, and can usually dig them up for evidence if necessary. I also make it a point to be well-spoken and use proper grammar and spelling-- true, it's not exactly the most unique skill, but I still think it helps make a stronger impression on people. I have also grown up as the oldest of four children, and have had to learn when to keep calm and stay neutral in a heated (and often, ultimately childish) dispute I have to handle.

Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Verdana » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:06 am

APPLICATION

I joined on the 28th of July, 2009

I am both old enough and willing to view adult content without being disturbed or offended. Furthermore, I am open-minded, and willing to witness views which may challenge my own ideas without bias.

I visit CS every single day. If I do not have access to a computer, I get online via my iPod or cellphone. I can access help tickets from both of these.

I spend a minimum of three hours a day on CS, but on average I am online from four to five hours on a weekday, and eight to nine on a weekend. I can spend a maximum of twelve hours online a day, during events, holidays or high-pressure times. I can also access the computer at low-activity times, since I operate on a different timezone to most of the CS population.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
I have moderated the Jellybean Dragons, and I am currently an artist for them. This has given me a realistic idea of some of the problems that I might face as a global mod. This is a very popular and competitive community, and I have witnessed and helped to mediate conflict, both amongst other staff members and the community. This is a community in which many of the users are in their tweens or early teens, and as a result, tempers can fray and people can react passionately. This experience has taught me to keep a cool head, stay objective, open-minded and unbiased, and not to give up, for I have stuck with it and enjoyed my time there, despite several high-pressure situations.
I have also been an artist for the Rune Dragons, which is a very different community, where the median age is higher and the atmosphere amongst community members is much more mature and supportive. I have seen and worked with a very different sort of team here, and enjoyed it greatly.
I am also a roleplay moderator for the Warriors of Isket.

I joined the General Helper team of CS in late August last year, because I wanted to help other members have the positive experience which I have had on this site. In this time, I have answered questions, greeted and helped new members, and answered help tickets. I have loved working to help the site in a non-official capacity, and I have made some wonderful friends and found the experience rewarding overall.
However, I would really like to start doing more. I am hard-working, diligent and reliable, and I think that I could put long hours into helping to maintain the behind-the-scenes effort which goes into running CS. I have gotten a taste of what needs to be done through help tickets and speaking to staff members, and I think that I would enjoy doing these tasks, and do my best to keep up with them. I also have a realistic idea of what goes into this sort of role. I know that it is high-pressure, time-consuming, and that global moderators need to behave well at all times due to being in the public eye. I am aware of the commitment which this role requires, and am prepared to behave in a way which lives up to CS's ideals. I am also aware that I may become unpopular by holding up CS's rules. I have witnessed this happening to perfectly nice people, and while I will try to avoid this and stay friendly, I will not avoid work to be popular and liked.
I haven't grown tired of being a General Helper, and no matter what happens, I will stay on the Introduction board (because it's become a second home to me).
I want to continue to give other users the positive experience which I have had on CS, and go further to do so.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I speak almost-fluent Afrikaans and terrible Zulu, which admittedly, is not helpful on a site where much of the population is from Europe and North America.
However, I have worked with children at my horse-riding yard for many years, so I am patient, calm and know how to calm people down but stay firm and in control.
I also teach debating at a township school once a week, to children who do not speak English at home and come from troubled backgrounds, and so I know how to work with people in that respect, and am capable of mediating conflict.
I can be online when not many other staff members are (because of my interesting Central African Time time zone) and have almost constant internet access during the term due to my university, and access on my phone when I don't.
I have experience in handling tickets, answering questions and other General Helper duties. I am competent in Oekaki, the workings of the site, basic forum coding, and I am getting better at rarities, slowly but surely, and know where to send people when I cannot answer their questions.

Thanks for your time!
Last edited by Verdana on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Verdana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me