GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby Jericho » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:23 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
    I joined many years ago on Wed Apr 14, 2010.
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
    Before making this post I have made 12709 post on various forums.
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
    Yes, I am defiantly old enough (I'm old enough to vote for who runs our country so I'm guessing I'm old enough XD ) and do deal with this on another site on which I am an admin.
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
    I log on to Chicken Smoothie every day of every week. I make sure to do this even on busy days by logging on through my phone, or another computer.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
    A lot. Ok well if you really care to know I spend up to 13 hours on chickensmoothie every day because I can access it through my phone. On the very busy days and holidays I normally spend about 5-6 hours on Chicken Smoothie and this is only when it's Christmas and other important holidays I like to spend with friends.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?:
    Over the past year I was a roleplay moderator for http://www.frazzledchickens.formspring.com/ which unfortunately needed to shut down due to the fact that the Owner and main admin had given birth and could no longer run it. I am also an administrator for a website known as http://freedomtoroleplay.webs.com/ where I am daily reading things that are written by older users (therefore, we have more mature content such as gory death scenes.).
Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
    I would like to be a Global moderator for Chicken Smoothie to be able to assist this wonderful site that I’ve grown to love. I have already been doing my very best to answer questions and report rule breaking content wherever I spot it in order to prepare myself for positions like this because this position is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I am so glad to finally have the chance to give back to this wonderful site.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?:
    I have taken many leadership courses before including leadership seminars, six week programs, and additional self-taught communication and leadership courses. I have been an employee in many workplaces before and even owned my own business for three years.
    And some additional things that may help:
    1. I can speak french as well as English.
    2. My workplace experience has made me very unbiased.
    3. I am very dedicated and a workaholic so I am not afraid of large work loads.
    4. I am very organized and make always make sure everything is where it belongs.
    5. I am friendly and helpful.
    6. I haven't changed my username in years so other users will never have a problem locating me.

Though it looks as if I only post in a few select forum I do read, like, vote, and do many other things on other threads, I don't post on other thread very often because it makes it hard for me to find the threads I really do want to get updates on.

Thank you so much for considering me and the other applicants for this position, I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we are happy to be able to serve this site. It is a true pleasure to have the chance to apply for moderator positions.

Thank you once more!
    - Fox -
Last edited by Jericho on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jericho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aizui » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:23 am

APPLICATON

Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:30 am so I've been apart of CS for 4 years and 3 months.

345 posts

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes I'm an adult, and I'm willing to risk seeing adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Every single day; 365 days a year unless I'm sick. I have access to CS 12+ hours a day and I have a mobile device that can also access CS.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
3-4 hours each day, more on weekends.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I've moderated sites before, but mostly my own and none are in existence at this moment in time.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I would like to become a global moderator for CS simply because I've come to truly treasure this site and all the hard work that's been put into it. I've been on the scenes of CS for 4 years now and I've come to know how this site works as well as understand rarities and can really and truly help people with figuring out how the site works. Also because I know how important it is to keep certain contact away from sites like these. I know CS needs to stay safe and pure for people in order for it to run smoothly and safely. Overall I realize how important this position is for CS and I would love to contribute back the care and love that all users here have.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
Psychology: My sister is studying in this field so I have some information and tips on how to approach and deal with people having issues with one another as well as speaking calmly and contently.

Programing: My field of study involves the usage of coding knowledge. This would be put into play for finding code hacking and adult content within this site. With this knowledge I can go more deeply in searching for this and for allowing this site to stay safer.

Ethnicity: I have two years of spanish in my education so I can understand this language decently. I'm fluent in english and can understand this completely. I also work on a daily bases in my job with patrons who are of different backgrounds so I've come to realizes customs as well as the language.

Business: I've also studied in business so I can help with issues in the economy field of money, if this is proved to be a problem amongst fellow posters.

Law: I am experienced in law for visual communications. This means that I've been taught on the background information on law dealing with copyrighting, trademarks, and patents. This will be well needed for art theft, since it does come up often.
Aizui

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -serendipity » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:47 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
April 13, 2011.

I have made 15 963 posts. Most of which are from roleplays.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for
moderator approval:
I believe I am. I have dealt with such content of the sort before.

Usually, I visit 7 days a week. If not, 6.

Well, my working hours are from 5:30AM-4:00PM. And I usually go to bed around 9:30PM. That gives me 5 and a half hours of CS time. But during the summer, I will have more time off due to the less travelling I will be doing.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?If so, please link to them.
I have moderated up to 50 roleplays. Personally, I do not want to link every single one. Me and a friend did make a roleplaying website though. I think she deleted the website though.

Personally, I love helping people. It makes me feel like I've accomplished something that was needed. It also makes me feel good to take something inappropriate down, keeping such things away from kids on this website. That helps everyone. I also would feel great to be a part of the lovely CS family, helping others and keeping bad stuff down. Helping others is also a job I do. I work for a small part of Livestrong, with kids that have cancer. I help them do art, in which they can express their feelings in. I think having the extra hand on CS would be great.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I used to travel the world in photography, and was forced to take classes in learning several languages. Here are list of the languages I speak/understand.
-English
-French
-German
-Swedish
-Finnish
-Spanish
-Italian
Now, as I mentioned, I work with kids and also work at a school for special needed kids. I work with children that have issues with anger, stress, confusion, and loneliness. I'm sure having a partner in this field would be helpful, as there are many ways to keep CS a healthy, clean, and friendly site.

I will be chasing a Starlight. Until the end of my Life.
-serendipity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bud » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:42 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: December 14, 2009
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): Over 1400
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 5
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I have limited computer use, so mainly, I'm on at totally random times every day
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? No. I have never gone on anything besides CS
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Because I love it in every way! For the first two years, I spent my time learning CS and reading the rules and stuff, then after that, I really wanted to be a special part of CS.8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: Well, I'm really nice? And helpful? And a lover of CS like evreyone else on this site should be :) I know this is probably the worst application, but I really couldn't think of anything else to put on it. I hope you understand that, even if I don't get chosen, I'll still be ChickenSmoothie Faithful
Last edited by bud on Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
not my art obviously you think i can draw?? i'm WRITING a book

bud // adult (maybe) // wiccan
writing a fantasy/romance novel
from my trashcan (homey!)
always down to talk about books

word count: 112,134
page count: 596
bud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tripp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:40 pm

APPLICATON
1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
Dec 07, 2008 

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
over 6,000

3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: 

Yes. lets just say I'm well old enough to drink lol

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:
Every day unless I'm really sick.

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
this could range anywhere from like 2 hours to 7-8 hours.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
sadly no.

7.Now the important question:
I enjoy helping others, I've been known on other sites as a sorta “peace keeper” when it came to fights that broke out. I would like to see the chickensmoothie forums safe for all ages with little to no bullying, and harassment. I've grown to love this site, I've made many friends on here, so it kills me to see anything that would put a bad name for this place. I'd like to help out the mods as much as I can so they don't get over stressed.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) :
I know a little bit of Spanish. I'm very opened minded about a lot of topics, as a graphic designer, I have learned how to get answers and research deeper in to things before making a judgment or call an anything, and i've been told i'm easy to get along with.
i dont get on as often, bear with me
Tripp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koujaku; » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:10 pm

Why do you have to be 18+ to apply, aren't there a lot of mature teenagers on here?

[Sorry, just curious]
hey my name is spencer. i like robots. he/him pronouns.
Koujaku;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby {A Dream Is A Wish} » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:17 pm

The Girl Who Can wrote:Why do you have to be 18+ to apply, aren't there a lot of mature teenagers on here?

[Sorry, just curious]

I think you have to be 18+ because of some things you could possibly view ... regardless of age, some things just won't be appropriate for a non-adult
I HAVE QUIT THE SITE AND WILL.NOT. BE COMING BACK ON, HOWEVER, IF YOU NEED TO GET IN CONTACT WITH ME PM MY FRIEND CIERRA (a link to her profile is located under the message). WE ARE FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE AND WE LIVE IN THE SAME HOUSE SO I CAN ALWAYS ANSWER YOU FROM THERE IF YOU NEED :)

A link to my friends profile => Cierra Hope
{A Dream Is A Wish}

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Minimetoo » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:37 pm

12 August 2009

Yes, I am old enough and am willing risk seeing any adult content that needs to be dealt with.

Every day of every week.

I am on most times of day, but I would say I am on at least eight hours a day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Only on a friend's website, but I would hardly count that. So no, I do not have any experience.

I've been loyally addicted to the site for almost four years now, and I have to say a lot of things have changed since then. There are of course a lot more users around, so I want to do what I can to help everyone have a fun and family-friendly experience here on CS. Our current moderators are very helpful, and I would love to be an addition to the team to help other users as well.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?

I am fluent in both English and Spanish.
This account will soon no longer be in use. PM me on FR if you want to get a hold of me. Username is Minimetoo there.
Minimetoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby survira » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:45 pm

*~*Amy Fleming*~* wrote:
The Girl Who Can wrote:Why do you have to be 18+ to apply, aren't there a lot of mature teenagers on here?

[Sorry, just curious]

I think you have to be 18+ because of some things you could possibly view ... regardless of age, some things just won't be appropriate for a non-adult

It's mostly because of not maturity, but if you can take seeing things that aren't very pleasant to see, or for things that are including bad words in a few sentences.
But if you are younger than 18, you can not apply. Just at least make sure you're comfortable with the images you may see and you would have to be online very often usually most of the time.
- infp-t | she/her | sagittarius | - ★。・: dms always open:・゚✩ x
════════════════════════════
♦♦♦ -- ━━ ● Image ● ━━ -- ♦♦♦
survira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ѧʋƨιc » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:11 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:07 pm
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1,033
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am!
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: I am on everyday. I am usually sometimes not on the weekends. As I might be visiting family,but other then that. I am on everyday. I have not been on recently because of medical reasons,but now I am will be on everyday!
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I usuaully spend about 12 hours. I know it just because I am on my phone during work and school. I check every time I have chance. I might just be a little bit addicted to the internet. :D
Have you moderated on any other forums before?: None. I have applied for other positions,but did not get them.
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I really think I wanted to get this job as I like to lay the rules down. I just love to enforce them. Now what I can bring to the table is that I can speak four languages. Those languages are English,Spanish,Polish,and French. Another skill I bring is that I am friendly and love to talk to people. I can help them understand and coop with problems. I have went to school earlier in life for social worker. So I have a A bachelor’s degree and Master's degree. I really can understand people and help them change how they feel. I have been in those situation of suicide [I know it is sad] I have talked them out of it and got them help with it. Now the reason I apply for this job is that I always wanted to be this since the day I joined CS. I really do not know why,but I like the idea of being it. I do have more skills to offer and I hope to see you pm me or even give me the job. I know you have a lot people applying,but I hope I can do this job. Then I can make you see that choosing me was the right choice!

[I really hope that I have chance in this. I know who ever gets choice that they will be a great addition to the CS staff. Thank you for looking at my forum. It means a lot to me. If I do not make it this time. I will try again next time :D]
Last edited by Ѧʋƨιc on Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ѧʋƨιc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me