Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW CLOSED, selecting staff

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Oekaki Moderator Applications NOW OPEN

Postby chiamia » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:30 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)

I joined CS on Jul 13, 2010. Since then, I've taken a small break sometime in the Summer lat year, causing my to miss the beach Event. But other than that, I've been a committed member all in all.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

Since I've registered, I've made 5337 as of now. This would be my 5338th one ^-^

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

I usually visit CS every day unless I have an emergency.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

Per day, I visit CS for about 3 hours ^^ Since I am on every day, I would be on here 21 hours a week.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

I have, yes. But these were very small websites that soon ended up falling, so I don't have their link anymore. However it was quite an honor being a mod for the small time it lasted.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?

Yes <3 I completely adore drawing on the oekaki.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?

Yes. I love to see all the spectacular artists on here and the amazing pieces they create. It's quite amazing, actually, how talented some people are <3

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?

I enjoy looking through the oekaki forums, and even submitting my own art, and I would love to be able to help anyone and everyone with problems with the oekaki and help resolve conflicts that take place there :)

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)

I do have experience in mediation, actually. Now that I think of it, I've actually done it my whole life. When I was much much younger, maybe seven years of age, my parents got divorced. It was nasty and soon when it was over I'd have to support my mother and younger sister emotionally. When my father and my mother got into telephone fights and regular ones, I'd be the one to calm them down and get them to make peace.

TMI, sorry.

kay, so, um, yep that it :3
    good luck everyone ^^

chia - π™¨π™π™š/π™π™šπ™§
β˜† adult player
th | β™₯ | art shop | token shop
chiamia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowykay » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:30 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:

April 25, 2011 at exactly 4:15 PM, which makes my account about 1 year, 8 months, and 8 days old. It was probably the best decision I made in my whole life, and I'm not just saying that.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

5174, excluding this post.

I visit Chicken Smoothie 7 days a week, unless something happens in which I cannot get online, for example, on January 25th my gerbil died, and the day after I could not go online because a pet's death is one of the few things that can get me off of the computer and my Kindle Fire. every time I am on the Internet I am always here on Chicken Smoothie. If there is something else going on that I'm online for, I just keep another tab open for CS and always pop back over. An exception to this is when I'm doing a very important school project, but if it's not worth 50 or more points, I usually will go on CS in between doing things.

Well, on weekdays I have school until about 3:15, then I have the long walk home, and sometimes I have homework, so unless something is going on I usually come on CS at 4:00 or so. After I get on I am usually online until dinner ( which is usually at 6:00 or a bit later ), then I am online after dinner until I go to bed, unless my favorite Tv shows are on Tv, because I love watching Survivor and Modern Family on Wednesdays, and Shark Tank on Fridays. So just a rough estimate of the time I'm on during a weekday is about 4 + hours. Now, on weekends I'm online a lot more. I get on whenever I wake up, which can be any time between 7 - 10 AM, and I'm here on Chicken Smoothie usually until dinner, which I said before is usually at about 6:00, and then after dinner too, so I'm online at least 8 hours on weekends, unless something is going on.

Yes, I have moderated on many other forums, which includes mini-modding threads here on CS, though I personally think that mini-mods are pointless, because they cannot do anything about posts but report them to actual moderators, but everyone can do that, though besides that, mini-mods can be useful, but not entirely necessary. Some specific websites I have moderated on are http://warriors4clanrp.webs.com and http://marysue.prophphbb.com and many others, though most of them are inactive and simply dead. But Mary Sue is new and active, and it was made with phpBB just like Chicken Smoothie, so I know the basics on how websites with phpBB work.

Oh, yes! I love drawing on the Oekaki, but I'm much better at traditional artwork. I have currently made 140 pieces of artwork, and I drew my first piece on March 11th, 2012, almost a year ago. The Oekaki is so much fun, and I hope to get better as I keep drawing, maybe even as good as some of the people who draw in the Intermediate Board, but that would probably take a very long time, if ever, but maybe someday I'll be able to draw photographic quality artwork if I practice really hard.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?

Of course! I love looking at art that other people have posted, especially in the Beginners and Intermediate boards. A lot of people here on Chicken Smoothie have so much talent, and I love looking at their drawings. Sometimes I comment and sometimes I don't, but I love to just see the art, and when I do post I won't say anything except kind or helpful things, never insulting them or their art, because all art is beautiful, not just photographic quality or cartoons, but ever drawing is beautiful in it's own way. That is one of the reasons I love looking through the Oekaki. There are so many different styles, and they're all amazing.

I would like to be an Oekaki Moderator here on CS because I want to be able to help out. I have seen art in wrong forums and I have filled out reports telling the Moderators that they should move the topic, but it always irks me a bit that I can do nothing but say something and wait for a Mod to check the reports in the Moderator Panel, though it is better than doing nothing, as I do always feel as if I've accomplished something when I try to help out like that. But I would really love to be an Oekaki Moderator not just for that reason, but Chicken Smoothie's Oekaki is packed full of art that, as an example, should be in the Art Competition Board instead of the Oekaki Competition Board, and Competitions that should go in the Editable Board, Editables that should go in the Competitions Board, and more. I would love to be able to help, and I feel like I should help out somehow. But it's not just that I feel as if I ought to do something for CS, but I would really enjoy doing it, even though some users despise Moderators, I would truly enjoy it.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)

I can think of some skills that I can bring to position. I do have experience in peer mediation, and I am quite good at persuading others and making compromises between two people. It runs in the family. Basically I am part of two groups of friends, and they hate each other like there's nothing else in the world that's worth hating more, so I always have to decide which friends I'm going to sit with at lunch, or who I'm going to be partners with in P.E., so I have to make a compromise between them. Currently our deal is that I'll be partners with (friend 1) in P.E. on Mondays and Tuesdays, and I'll sit with (friend 2) on the days that I'm partners with (friend 1). Then on Wednesdays and Thursdays I'm partners in P.E. with (friend 2) and I sit with (friend 1) at lunch. Then on Fridays, it's whatever, because they could not agree on anything for that day. So far it's working out fine, and they don't argue hardly at all anymore.

signature wip
snowykay

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby . ME » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:00 pm

uhh some time in 09', although I had to make a new account--I got the stuff back from help...It's easiest to say 11' though

3571 is what it says on my profile

I usually get on at least once a day

Around 5 hours on week days, usually more then 8 on the weekend

No, I don't believe so...

Yes. I haven't used it in forever, though, cause my java doesn't work properly, sadly...

Actually, I find myself constantly scrolling through the art and being like, "Oooh I wish I could draw like that..." most of the time

Well, I've always wanted to help the CS community...Although I admit at times I'm rather confused and too shy to ask, and sometimes short-tempered so I may get a little angry if users are very rude.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position

Um...Not right at the moment off the top of my head.
Hi! c:
I'm . ME, because I AM A STRONG INDEPENDENT pom doge WOMAN WHO AIN'T AFRAID TO SHOW HER PERSONALITY

If you love me let me G O
If you love me let me G O
β€˜Cause these words are K N I V E S that often leave scars
The F E A R of falling apart
And truth be told, I N E V E R was yours
The F E A R, the F E A R of falling apart
Stamps wrote:ImageImage
ImageImage
. ME

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuki. » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:20 pm

December 2009
          A little over 7500 posts :)
          I try to get on every day. I was recently on a big soccer tournament for a few days, but that was a one time thing that happens every year and it's over ^^ So unless i'm super busy that day, i'll most likely be on 6 out of the 7 days.
          Most of the time it's a few hours, though sometimes i'll only get an hour or half ^^
          I'm afraid I haven't ^u^
          All the time, though, I find myself with a large number of unfinished drawings that get deleted because i'm afraid to post them TnT
          I do, yes. I love to look at what amazing ideas people come up with, especially when their in the beginners oekaki.
          I love art in all it's forms. I think it would be fun to have a small job sorting through everyone's art and making sure that everything is at it's finest for the youngers of CS. I have noticed that you have a low number of oekaki moderators and I would love to help ^u^ I have learned that you can't solve issues with negative actions, so I try to discipline with a moderate or happy attitude rather than yell bluntly in someones face. But this also doesn't mean I can't take a hit. I'm not afraid of names, I don't care if someone uses caps lock or an extremely large amount of exclamation points. I will treat anyone with the same tone as I treat everyone else.
      Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
          I have had an extremely large amount of experience with the oekaki. I know how to use the layer, how to add transparency to your brush, and a large set of other skills. If anyone had a question i'd love to help them out and guide them. I'm a bit of a bad explainer but i'm sure I can find a way to help. I am a little experienced in the art fields of human anatomy, so i'm sure that might help somewhere ^^.
Last edited by Yuki. on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yuki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Angelpup00 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:47 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply) July 6, 2012
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 371
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 7 days a week
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend about 3 hours a day on Chicken Smothie
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. Nope
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yep i have made over 20 drawing
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I do that a lot
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would like to be an Oekaki moderator so I can help chicken smothie be safe a protected by people wh odisobey rules.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any Not really
Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I have had much experiance
Angelpup00

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Olivetta » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:36 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 8th, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2,200, as of right now.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I visit Chicken Smoothie everyday. I would say I am addicted. During the day I'll be checking on things, and just to see how things are doing. I really love the whole atmosphere on Chicken Smoothie, and that is what keeps me coming back.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I would say I spend about 3-4 hours on Chicken Smoothie on weekdays, and on weekends, 6-7.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them I only have only mini-modded on different forms, I usually don't go to any forums except on Chicken Smoothie. I do have my own website, of which I am the owner.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, I have. I have only used it twice, and those to color in, since I have preferred the drawing program on my computer, but I rather like it. I am not the best drawer, but I love experimenting and trying new things.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I absolutely love looking at all of the art. Many people are so talented, it really is amazing what you can do with the program. I am an art collector, and art is a very important part of my life. I may not be the best at it, but I do love it, and have a good eye.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would like to be a oekaki moderator because I believe I can be a valuable help to the Chicken Smoothie team. I love Chicken Smoothie first of all. I have become such a better writer, communicator, and I have learned to really appreciate what others can do. I am sure you have seen some of the amazing art people can create using oekaki. It really just, literally, blows me away with the amount of talent on this site. Chicken Smoothie has really exposed me to new kinds of artwork, and that means so much to me. I appreciate art very much so. And, I appreciate all of the staff hard work to make things running smoothly. Whenever their is an argument, or inappropriate content, the mods quickly and efficiently lock and remove the topic so Chicken Smoothie can stay the wonderful place it is. Everyday, I come to Chicken Smoothie, because I love the website so much. Being on the Chicken Smoothie staff team would be such an honor. Being able to help and keep Chicken Smoothie great, is so amazing.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I definitely do not have a ton of experience using oekaki, but I am a very fast learner, and always open to criticism. I do, though, understand the gist of the program and some of the techniques. I have made many attempts at drawing, but, like I said earlier, am not the best at drawing. That does not mean I does not appreciate art, on the contrary. I have a very good art taste, and I know good art when I see it. Additionally, I have spent a lot of my free time combining graphic arts and design with computer work. I put together PowerPoint Presentations (for pay) currently and have built multiple computers.
I am a tutor in real life, mostly in the areas of reading, mathematics and computer applications. My best quality is that I am very patient with others, and I am always willing to answer people's questions. I am not biased, so during disputes, I would review the facts before I make recommendations. I never get mad and snap at other people, even when I am having a bad day. I am very understanding, and I think that is needed for this position. I'd love to be part of your team!
Last edited by Olivetta on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
❋ ѕυммєя

Hello c: I'm Olivetta. Feel free to call me Olivia, Liv, Livy, Olive,
or whatever you would like. If you ever need any help, or would
just like to chat, do not be afraid to PM me and I'll be glad
to assist you. My main goal is to gift β™₯

❋ β„“ΞΉΖ’Ρ” gΡ”Ρ‚Ρ• вєттєя
Olivetta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Real Slim Shady » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:19 pm

TRSS's APPLICATION!
Saturday, May 08, 2010 11:39 am
959!
Everyday! Mostly for Oekaki, or to check my trades, and messages.
It does vary. I usually go on to draw, and scan for ideas throughout my pets and other pictures. Sometimes I just enjoy running around pages, and talking to friends. Also going through Oekaki and commenting on people's artwork, especially standing up for people who get put down in Intermediate..
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
I've never moderated, but ever since Oekaki mods have been recruited I've tried out!
I do all the time! I'm still getting the hang of it, but I've done some serious improvement over the last little while c:
Yes! Most of my time on CS is browsing art.
I've never really been in to RPing on CS, or anything to mod for other than art. So this is my chance to take a part in what I love, and I'm really excited to see the outcome of mods this year!
I practice a lot more than I post on the oekaki. A lot of the time I delete it because I dislike how it looks! I could help a lot on Oekaki, and I'd love to do it. It would make me so happy since I've been a bit depressed lately.
The Real Slim Shady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mars » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:15 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: August 17th, 2008, 8:45 am
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 420 posts c:
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I live on my computer, so I'd expect me to get on at least five of the seven days. I do have school and homework, so it could vary.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? At least two. I usually spend hours drawing, adopting, and foruming. c:
Have you moderated on any other forums before? Nope, but I know how the job works as my friends and family do.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Oh, yes! I love it so much, but I'm not the best at drawing without a tablet xD
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I love to look at other people's art all the time when I'm on! Sometimes it inspires me to make my own art. c:
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I have been on CS since I was in third grade, and I have always looked up to all of the staff members. I used to get upset if a mod 'got me in trouble' for posting in the wrong forum or not posting what I needed to, but as I matured over time, I understand why they did it. It was their job, and them doing that made CS a greater place. Now that I am old enough to understand responsibilities, I think having some sort of slightly-major role will help me understand having a full-time job, since I am going into high school next year. This means that I will get a job, go to college, and move out of my parent's house in a few years. This 'job' could help me get ready for greater tasks later in life that I need to prepare for c:
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I am very experienced on the Oekaki program, and I know how to handle situations calmly, such as resolving fighting/violence, stopping inappropriate behaviors, or removing 'too-mature' content. I have a lot of skills mentally to bring in, as I am in an advanced/gifted school program. I know a lot for my age, and I might be a bit more mentally equipped and ready for this job then some other people I know in my class. Yeh. .-.
Last edited by Bernouli on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not hint at your age
 
 
 
 
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
▐
β”Œ
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β””
 
 
ν™”μ„± β€’ μ—¬μ„± β€’ 레즈 β€’ 감각처리μž₯μ•  + κ΄‘μž₯곡포증
 
hi !! I'm mars, a gal with spd + agoraphobia.
I frequent the oc + adoptables side of cs.

my interests rn include genshin, skz,
learning languages, and drawing !! :3c

my cs inbox is full so please chat w/ me
on discord @ mars_v_e

 
λ‚˜λŠ” λ„€κ°€ μžλž‘μŠ€λŸ½λ‹€. 계속 μ΅œμ„ μ„ λ‹€ν•˜κ±°λΌ β™‘
 
 
 
┐
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”‚
β”˜

β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
β–Œ
mars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saikiyo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:16 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:24 am (Bit of an old timer now >w<)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4080

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I try to get on everyday, but I get on at least 5 times a week

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? normally between 2-5 hours (on days I have nothing going on, close to 12 hours)

Have you moderated on any other forums before? No (only with my own art threads, I'm not sure if it counts)

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, lots (I have posted 418 drawings posted)

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes, I got there almost every time I come on.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I want to be a moderator because I've done a lot of Oekaki and would love to help others out and help make the site a better place. I feel that I know enough about Oekaki that I could really help out members who need help with the program. I've also been on CS for a long time and would really like to give something back to this wonderful community and help all the talented artists and those with emerging talent.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I'm good with people and very patient and will not get angry or rude no matter what. I am extremely friendly and can get along with just about anyone. I have lots of experience in various drawing programs other than Oekaki, such as Photoshop, Illustrator (taken a collage course on those) and Gimp. I'm excellent at helping people learn how to use a program (or how to solve a problem in that program) with descriptions and screen shots.

Thank you for reading :)
I'm an artist and have no power in the forums. I cannot unlock, move or delete topics.

^w^
Saikiyo
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:26 pm

Applications are now CLOSED. Please allow at least a week for us to read through the applications and select our new staff.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me