General Helpers: (APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED)

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

General Helpers: (APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED)

Postby Tess » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:41 am

Please read the whole topic before posting or applying.

APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Staff will be selecting the new General Helpers soon, but it could take up to 2 weeks before they are announced. Please be patient, and don't contact any staff to ask for updates, we'll post updates when we have any.

Applications will be closing at about 11am August 15th US central timezone.

Once the topic is locked, no further applications will be accepted, and it will not be possible to edit or change an application. If intending to withdraw an application you'll need to contact staff for assistance.

Selection process could take up to 2 weeks, so be patient after the topic closes.

The job available is for a General Helper.

What does that mean?
General Helpers are simply members who have volunteered to help other members, and their names are a different color so that they are easy to identify.

A General Helper position is not considered to be a staff position. If you get the position, your name will change color, and that is the only difference between you and other members. You will not gain any special abilities or powers to moderate the forum or to make pets. This is a volunteer position with no special benefits, just the satisfaction gained from helping others.

One thing has changed since we last hired - General Helpers now have limited access to the help system so that they may view and respond to simple questions/problems sent in by members.

The duties of a General Helper include (but are not limited to):
  1. Encouraging players to use the help system if they have questions or problems using the website that you can't immediately answer.
  2. Regularly checking for questions and problems in the help system, and answering help requests poiltely with as much information as you're able to provide.
  3. Being open to receiving PMs from random players who need help using the website. If unable to answer their PM right away, or if it needs to be dealt with by staff or other general helpers, PMs should be forwarded to the help system.
  4. Regularly visiting the CS Suggestions and Problems board to see if you can answer any topics there
  5. Regularly visiting the Introductions board to welcome new members to the site
  6. Helping members around the forum whenever you stumble across members having problems
We are looking for members who:
  1. Always treat other players with respect, and have not had any issues with arguments, bullying, fighting, etc.
  2. Are always happy to help other players, even if it involves explaining the same things over and over and over and over...
  3. Are active in the forum, posting often, and always with a friendly and positive attitude towards other players
  4. Will remain calm even when players are being rude or disrespectful. You should never respond with anger or insults.
  5. Know a lot about CS, including knowing the rules, knowing how to edit your profile, knowing how to set up trade settings etc.

Please DO NOT APPLY if you...

...have previously had warnings for bullying, fighting, cheating, or art theft; unless these warnings were later cleared by a staff member, happened a long time ago, or were not particularly serious (e.g. forgot to credit a reference properly)

...have been a member for less than 8 months - we want people who know a lot about how the site runs and what kind of things happened in the past, and new players just don't have that kind of knowledge, sorry. This is a minimum requirement, there are no exceptions.

...have made fewer than 300 forum posts - This is a minimum requirement, there are no exceptions.

...spend less than 2 hours on CS on your average day

So, do you think you have got what it takes to be a General Helper?

APPLICATION
    1. What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
    2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
    3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    4. How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    5. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum? Do you know how all the tools/options in the oekaki work?)
    6. Why do you want to be a General Helper?

Applications will close within a few days if we have had enough good applications. However due to a busy schedule, it may take a few weeks before the new General Helpers are chosen. Several staff will help me to pick the successful applicants, and we are looking to gain around 5 - 10 new General Helpers. We will be most interested in members who have previously proven themselves to be respectful, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, active members of CS.

There is NO AGE REQUIREMENT but you MUST NOT BE IN THE COPPA PROTECTION GROUP because we require you to be able to post in other areas of the forum to do this job.

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS TOPIC UNLESS YOU ARE APPLYING, OR WANT TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE JOB OR APPLICATIONS.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: General Helpers: Now hiring! Apply within!

Postby Ibuki Mioda » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:50 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:01 pm
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): My total posts are; Total posts:8600.
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Usually every day, but sometimes i dont go on.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Mm, I'd say 2-1 hours.
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum? Do you know how all the tools/options in the oekaki work?) I know how most of the tools work in oekaki, ect.
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper? Because I think helping others would be very helpful if anyone needs help. Im a very friendly person who is open to P.M.'s and I'd thought I'd give this a try. I am inspired my the General Helper Spotty, he/she was my first General Helper I asked for help. Spotty was very friendly and kind, and I wanna be like that^.
Last edited by Ibuki Mioda on Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Ibuki Mioda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jetti » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:56 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
    October 1st, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Every morning and at night.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    4 Hours

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
    I know BBC codes and oekaki pretty well.

Why do you want to be a General Helper?
    I want to be a General Helper because I pretty friendly and love to help others. I would love to answer PMs from new players and just help in general.
Thank you for letting others and me help CS out.
Last edited by Jetti on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jetti

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NinthWolf » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:57 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sunday Oct 02, 2011 at 6.06pm, Although I had been stalking CS for a very long while before joining- as you know.

How many posts have you made in the forum:just finding out 3761.Most of which are helping people in introductions, suggestions and problems and getting to know people around the forum

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: mostly 8+ hours, depending on what's happening in the ‘real world’ for me. If I am unable to be online for a continual period of time I check on every hour or so for around about 30 minutes; I also have a smart phone so just a few clicks and i'm on and ready to answer any questions that members may pose. I usually stay on pretty late so for those members whose time zones are that of the 'unusual' i am usually on to help people around. Any less than 5 hours it would never be.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I answer a lot of questions already on the forum. I spend most of my forum-browsing on the Suggestions and Problems board and introductions, ready to help newbies settle into CS. I try to help who I can and if I am unsure on the question or problem I know how to research and find out the answer if i cannot i will direct the member to a moderator or admin if their question is not something i can deal with. In the past I have helped people over Pm with trades and other questions. I have played as a peer-mediator more than once for people, both online and off, i use a non bias approach to get the best result. I usually Pm members that have just signed up- can be seen at the bottom of the forum on 'newest member' the basic ropes of CS and places for them to look around.
I speak and write basic Spanish, fluent as well as writing French ( i spent 11 weeks studying in France), currently beginning German lessons, my writing is coming together and learning more every day. My first language is English, so I can easily communicate with the majority of CS, i can also decipher chat speak which may come in handy with a few members.
My mother is a nanny, often I end up babysitting, so I know how to keep my cool when being asked questions repeatedly and explaining them.
I also know my pet values pretty well as I have traded a lot in order to attempt to complete my collection; I can be seen on ‘Is this a fair trade’,the ‘Need help pricing artwork’ and 'Artist Army' redlining others work and giving critique. I also help on oekaki giving beginners and intermediates critique and giving maybe the occasional redline.
I have little knowledge of coding, but that i do know is basic but definately comes in handy.
I am a moderator for many well known CS adoptables such as; Bright is Better.
I have worked with my local community, volunteering to help with the gardens and helping the children with their parts in plays.
In college i currently Volunteer at teaching toddlers sports, this comes with explaining things over and over and dealing with children that have 'had enough', as well as this i am also taking classes in keeping order and resolving conflict

Why do you want to be a General Helper?: Like I said above, I like to help other players whenever I can and I know quite a bit about CS and the forums; although I have not been on CS as long as some of the other applicants, I make sure I know the rules, regulations and how to treat people. But whats more i do have solid experiance ( read below the form) If i was chosen i know that if i wasn't already and i had spare time i will fill in that time with welcoming members in and helping members, old or new around. I already try and help whenever I can and always do so in a respectful and calm manner, even when the person I'm trying to help doesn't, I can be very patient and understanding and hardly ever loose my cool. If I do however, I just step back and take a few moments to calm down before addressing the situation. I appreciate CS and all of it’s users so I think I’d like to take the time to give something back. I consider myself kind and approachable which i think is key to working as a General Helper. I know that if i am chosen i am prepared to be bombarded with Pm's and trades, i shall be ready to answer them immediately and reply as quickly and as kindly as possible.
Occasionally i like to give new users a pet or two to help them get their collection started as i remember when i first began it is difficult to begin your collection with just the current pets up for adoption.
I realize, if i do not make the position, i shall continue to help in the way i always have, treat other members with continual respect and congratulate those who are privileged to have been chosen.
Thank you for this opportunity.

You may of heard of Solpet.com? I was a Moderator there, unfortunately like many pet sites Solpets branched off from V-Petsite which was shut down, bringing all the websited connected with it to be deleted. I spend alot of time online and i am looking to do something in particular with that time and put a title to my help so people know directly who they can come to and if that fails to post on suggestions and problems.
This will sound cliche but, it takes a lot to commit yourself to something like this and i know i'm ready to do it. Thank You
Last edited by NinthWolf on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:00 am, edited 14 times in total.
Fursona
Signature art by Emberwolf and avatar by Spotty

Not too active on here anymore but I still check back if you need anything!
NinthWolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Salt » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:58 am

APPLICATON

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 10, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2389

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? About 5-7.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-4 hours.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? I am patient, and a softie. Though if anything gets out if hand I will clearly state any rulebreaking, but overall, I'm a softie. Well, I can speak some chinese and I'm learning spanish. But I get by in english. xD

Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? I'm not a trade master, but I would be able to help newer players with trades.

Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum? Before, no, but I'm starting to coax myself into doing it more often.

Do you know how all the tools/options in the oekaki work?) Yes. I know the oekaki very well, I can always help someone if needed with the oekaki. About every function I understand. and sometimes use. c:

Why do you want to be a General Helper?When I was younger, I was always a mommy's helper. I love helping in general and what better way then getting a truckload of pm's asking for help. CS has taught me so much already, I want to give back to the supportive community CS has been. Thank you for this opportunity. c:
Last edited by Salt on Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Transkitty » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:02 am

October 23, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
5-6 hours
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I am extremely patient, and I have peer mediation experience in emotional situations. I'm also fairly handy with BBCode and formatting forum posts.
Not long after joining CS myself, I found myself totally lost and confused. I was considering quitting when I saw someone with the title "General Helper", so I pmed them and asked for help. Their fast, informative and extremely friendly response left an impression on me, and I decided I wanted to help out the same way I'd been helped.
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KitKatCosgriff » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:02 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) September 5, 2010.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 0ver 25,000
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I normally visit CS every day, even on school days. I try to get on, even if i have a lot of homework.
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Sometimes up to 6 or 7 hours.
5.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation? Do you consider yourself a trade-value expert? Do you already answer a lot of questions in the forum? Do you know how all the tools/options in the oekaki work?) I believe i know a lot about rping and can help new members with creating rp topics and knowing how to use forums.
6.Why do you want to be a General Helper?
I want to be a General Helper because i believe that i am a kind and helpful CS member and open to helping others learn the ways of CS. I think i have a lot of experience with CS and i visit daily, so i can always look at questions and answer the best that i can.
Last edited by KitKatCosgriff on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
KitKatCosgriff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corgie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:03 am

Nov 09 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

I visit CS everyday ^^

About 6-7 hours, it depends if I'm busy or not. Over school I'm on for 30 minutes in the morning, then i come on around 4-5 EST after i have finished my homework and such. I'm usually not busy~

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I'm pretty decent at the oekaki tools, I'm going to be learning spanish (and plan to countinue it if possible) in 2012-2013. Currently I know it roughly I also know a little german, and plan on learning that as well. I also have skills in peer mediation and was selected to help with a core values group at my school vov. I'm also pretty good at the coding on CS as well, not advanced coding but the basics. English is my mother tongue so thats what I will be mainly speaking c:
As well as being an artist I can also help people on their art, I mainly stick with the art forms and sometimes adoptable forms, I've also been mods on quite a few (less popular) threads. I've visited the introduction board a bit, and as I stated below I've posted helpful links where many questions of a new user can be answered as well as welcoming them ^^.

I also know my rarities pretty decently so I can help with that as well!

I've always loved helping people, and seeing as your accepting GH it's a perfect time to apply. Being a GH or not I will still try my best to help people, I've posted in the help form guiding quite a few newer users which I quite liked. Its nice to bring a smile to someone's face once they've been helped and know what they're doing.

Thank you for considering my form ^^
Last edited by corgie on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
Pet's name: ♥ ♥ Aion ♥ ♥
quinn/m? - finn/m? -- cinder/f -- peaches/f
corgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eternalglitch » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:03 am

APPLICATION

What date did you register as a CS member?: November 4th 2009

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 5204 posts

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day unless I'm away on vacation. :3

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 2-3 hours on a school day, normally more if I have time. SUmmer days I have bunches of more time, though, and I hop on to just check up every hour or so when i am doing something else.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I know most of the oekaki, I can speak a little spanish, I am pretty good at trade values, I know my way around CS very well after almost three years. I know most of the rarity scale, and can help out on pretty much anything on here now. I know how to do good role playing, and love helping new players. I don't mind breaking up fights, either. I can help set up signatures and can use colors, left and right tools, and anything else needed for that like BB coding and htmls. I can state my opinions clearly to help out other people but can also take a harsh or kind tone. I also know most of the CS pets if anyone needs to know what there pet is worth. I can also relate to many experiences to help me out on here.

Why do you want to be a General Helper? By the time you have been on CS for a year or two, everything feels pretty simple and easy by now. But at first it can be somewhat scary, or even later on you don't have a lot of experience with a few things on here and have no idea whatsoever to do. I would love to help people who are in need of any help, making CS a lot more fun for everyone. It isn't any fun when you have no idea what in the world you are doing, or are annoyed by someone else who has no idea what they are doing. Hopefully if we help them, the community of CS will be a better place in general, so there is less fighting and it's a lot more fun for everyone. I have always admired the general helpers due to the fact that they aren't afraid to help someone in need, and I would love to do the same. I think it would be a fun experience for me as well, and I can get to know the great community we have here while doing it. I spend quite some time on here anyways, so why not make that time count to someone else as well?

Thanks for considering me~
Last edited by eternalglitch on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
eternalglitch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dozy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:04 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: March '09
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): Over 10000 o-o;
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Usually every day, although sometimes I may miss a day.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? about 5 hours a day
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: Well, I am pretty knowledgeable when it comes to trading and such, I linger a lot on the fair trade thread chatroom and I do know (most of the time) what is a fair trade and what is not. I am pretty good at trading, I have managed to trade up to some pretty rare pets and have also managed to trade rare pets for a whole lot of quantity so I do know how each method of trading works. I've held many auctions in the past and I am also pretty good at C$ values and offsite trading values (better than C$ generally). I'm also a newbie helper on alacritysim so I do have quite a bit of experience when it comes to helping people out and what attitudes are necessary. :>
I'm also okay at basic coding on CS, such as colours and the URL stuff so I can help others out, and I have knowledge of tinypic/imageshack ETC.
I'm also an active roleplayer, but mainly offsite. Although I do know generally what most RP's want so I can help if people need help starting up RP's.
The only thing I'm not very good at is art. eue; -never visited oekaki boards- ...oh, and I don't know any other languages apart from English.
Why do you want to be a General Helper? Gonna be completely honest, I'm applying because although I do want to help out the masses of CS from things like ninja-trading, getting what a pet is worth, how to start a good RP and etc, I'm doing it because I have nothing else to really accomplish on CS. I have a bunch of old pets I don't have lying around so I could put those to use and I usually just browse the forums boredly, so it'll be nice to actually talk to new people (since I can be quite shy ovo") and perhaps make some new friends. CX Plus I've wanted to be a newbie/general helper for a while (I've applied since the position opened :>) I'm not the most friendliest person ever but I don't think I really am too horrible so I do want to give it a shot again.
Hi, I'm Elle!
{she/her - adult - ifsp}

I pop on a few times a year. Please be patient with me.

Always looking for trades that include PPS dogs - I collect them

Trading Thread || Offsite Trades

♥️
dozy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me