We've updated our pet rarity measurements!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: We've updated our pet rarity measurements!

Postby nickjr » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:59 pm

Totoro is more of a system account, even though it's not in the system account usergroup ^^ I'm pretty sure Tess doesn't go on either the Pound or Totoro and send trades to herself to get pets that she wants or something (aka what would be cheating for us) XD; When she does go on the account, I'm pretty sure it's for official business (or whatever the phrase is) :P
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gemini_girl » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:48 pm

wolfamorph wrote:It seems Tess keeps all the rares and very rares and older ones in that account.
I know she's and admin, but doesn't the one account rule apply to her too? She has her admin account, the pound and I believe Toronto. 3 accounts?

And also considering she owns this site...I doubt she would be cheating on it XD
gemini_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Inverno » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 pm

So then.. are we all allowed multiple accounts as long as we don't use them to get extra pets and items? Like having a second account to help keep pets organized as Tess appears to have, but not use it for cheating in any way?
Inverno

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dr. pugs » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 am

I don't think that would be a great idea, no. Some people, not saying you would, but they would decide to cheat anyways, and then you've got all this problem and stuff. So no.
jenna/luna | usa
dr. pugs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purinz » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:19 am

This is really off-topic, so I'm deciding to PM a moderator or even one of the admins about it.

mimi she/they adult

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

purinz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:48 am

If you have nothing to add to the new rarity system, please do not post here as it is off-topic and therefore spam.

No one is allowed to have more than one account for any reason.
System accounts are needed and are maintained either by Tess herself or several staff members. They are solely used to give pets to you, guys. So why would anyone complain about them? o_O
Or think they are used for cheating? If Tess wanted more pets, she could just create pets for herself.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:56 am

For some reason I find the rarity OMG so common absolutely hilarious. I wonder how many people freaked out when they first saw the OMG and thought they got an super rare pet, only to see the "so common" part and facepalm or something XD
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ilovemy3cats » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:59 am

(just as a question...wouldnt it be simpler to just lock this post so people stop spamming it?)

why did it take so long for you guys to decided the rarity of the last Lioness?
hmm i thought the OMG so common thing was un-needed it just makes my account look worthless....and the rarity change made me lose really good pets because things that had been claimed as uncommon turned to very commons or OMG so commons. it messed me up alot because i had lost some really good reares out of trade built up of what used to be good uncommons but then turned to unwanted pets becuase of the sudden change.
ilovemy3cats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ging.xr » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:08 am

Queen Chrysalis wrote:For some reason I find the rarity OMG so common absolutely hilarious. I wonder how many people freaked out when they first saw the OMG and thought they got an super rare pet, only to see the "so common" part and facepalm or something XD
lol yeah

I think the new rarity system is a big help because you can just look at the colours of the bar and remember the coulors and I think it's a very creative way also the new rarity system is better because like you said there was no very commons at all all there were LOADS and I mean LOADS of uncommons.

So I would like to say a massive thank you to all the staff that helped change the rarity system it's a massive help, thank you so much! :D :clap:
ging.xr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 am

ilovemy3cats wrote:[snipsnip]

why did it take so long for you guys to decided the rarity of the last Lioness?
hmm i thought the OMG so common thing was un-needed it just makes my account look worthless....and the rarity change made me lose really good pets because things that had been claimed as uncommon turned to very commons or OMG so commons. it messed me up alot because i had lost some really good reares out of trade built up of what used to be good uncommons but then turned to unwanted pets becuase of the sudden change.

1) rarities are updated manually around the end of the month; for the most part, any pet variations that reach adult stage after the rarity update will not be updated until the next monthly rarity change rolls around :3

2) maybe the pets seem worthless, but it's MUCH better to know the true value of a pet than to be misled about its value and therefore pay unfairly for it ^^;
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me