Chain-mail or 'pass it on' PM messages are against the rules

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Chain-mail or 'pass it on' PM messages are against the r

Postby *Blackberry* » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Tess, do you know how to find out send me the message? The player said either like someone would die, I nearly believed in that. I only got it yesterday midnight, I left it in my mail box till this morning. But deleted. I would be happy if you could stop players from sending this.
Update: July 31st 2016
I will be really busy until after october or something due to studies. I will be trying to catch up on the adoptables I work in. Please shoot me a PM if you want to enquire whether I want to keep my adoptables before deciding to give them away.
*Blackberry*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danny fenton » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:01 pm

I got one yesterday that said it was going on since 1864- lol

kiri - she/her - loves danny phantom way too much
danny fenton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtomicMilkshake » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 pm

I got two in the last 48 hours, but I didn't send them on because I'm not stupid enough to, I just simply reported.
art by Rottingseams
AtomicMilkshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Blackberry* » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:05 pm

ella556 wrote:I got one yesterday that said it was going on since 1864- lol

Same, they said it was going on ever since 1864, it is about your crush thing right?
I will be really busy until after october or something due to studies. I will be trying to catch up on the adoptables I work in. Please shoot me a PM if you want to enquire whether I want to keep my adoptables before deciding to give them away.
*Blackberry*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AtomicMilkshake » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:13 pm

That's hilarious, and remind me what kind of computer was around back then?

x'D
art by Rottingseams
AtomicMilkshake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solloby » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:24 pm

Osprey~ wrote:That's hilarious, and remind me what kind of computer was around back then?

x'D

Clearly they used an Abacus to spell out the message in binary.

----
I hope none of the younger plays received any of the silly ones that threaten you with death or anything awful like that. I remember reading one of those years ago and felt sorry for any smaller children it passed through the hands of because it probably scared them into forwarding the spam to people.
Solloby
I take care of the CS archives and
sometimes submit pet/item designs.

Characters :: Artwork

Help
You can find Help in the main navigation menu.
If your question or problem is not answered there, please use the Help System.
I am not a mod and cannot help you so please don't PM me for site help.
Solloby
Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lkjhgfdsamnbvcxz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 pm

So glad there's an official rule against it now!
I've gotten two of those in the time span of two days. o_o The users whom I received it from seemed to be scared younger players and as Solloby said, I rather feel sorry for them.
Last edited by lkjhgfdsamnbvcxz on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lkjhgfdsamnbvcxz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RIP .Kurt. » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 pm

/raises hand/ I am the one who sent a report on someone sending me chain mail. I hope I am who inspired you to make this Tess. I can't believe someone sent me chain mail, I just.. I just.. I can't tell you how much it hurt me to check my PMs and see a message labeled Chain Mail, because the person understood it was against the rules, and they just sent it to me. It made no sense.

EDIT: and seriously, it makes me want to just tell the user that they're stupid for thinking that I will believe anything they say about chain mail. But I don't. I shouldn't. It would be rude. Honestly, these stories are annoying. Especially with the fact that the older users know it will be passed on more of it is more scary. They know to send it to the younger users too, because the younger users don't understand that it's fake. They get scared of the stories. It is s sad that those users have to fern trouble because of people picking on them and scaring them.
I Won't Give Up wrote:Even the stars, they burn,
some even fall to the earth,
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it

Fix You wrote:Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try
To fix you

If you fall in love with two people, choose the second because if you really loved the first you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second.
ImageImage
Hello, this is Kurt's sister. Kurt has died, and I am taking over her account. Call me Angel
R.I.P Kurt: My only sister! I love you and miss you soooo much </3
RIP .Kurt.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Blackberry* » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Solloby wrote:
Osprey~ wrote:That's hilarious, and remind me what kind of computer was around back then?

x'D

----
I hope none of the younger plays received any of the silly ones that threaten you with death or anything awful like that. I remember reading one of those years ago and felt sorry for any smaller children it passed through the hands of because it probably scared them into forwarding the spam to people.

Umm.. If I consider I said I am still a kid and receive one. They said my family members would die the next day and then it be me. I kind of creeped out and could hardly sleep
*Blackberry*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RIP .Kurt. » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:50 pm

*Blackberry* wrote:
Solloby wrote:

x'D

----

Umm.. If I consider I said I am still a kid and receive one. They said my family members would die the next day and then it be me. I kind of creeped out and could hardly sleep

And then the older people they most likely get scared into sending it to probably get mad at them :(
I Won't Give Up wrote:Even the stars, they burn,
some even fall to the earth,
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it

Fix You wrote:Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try
To fix you

If you fall in love with two people, choose the second because if you really loved the first you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second.
ImageImage
Hello, this is Kurt's sister. Kurt has died, and I am taking over her account. Call me Angel
R.I.P Kurt: My only sister! I love you and miss you soooo much </3
RIP .Kurt.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me