Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby tyrell wellick » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:36 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: February 17th, 2013
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 727 at the time of this post
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Daily
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Several hours per day, anywhere from 2-5.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I was staff on a forum called Furry Teens for three-four years. I went from being a mod to an admin of the site.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes!
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? All the time! I love viewing other people's art.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I've been into art for nearly my whole life. I'd love to help mentor other users, by helping them with the oekaki program, and with any art help they may need.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I've been on several oekakis over the last few years. I believe I have the program down by now! I'm good at technical fixes, and art help, so I think I'm very skilled with that.
unfortunately, we're all human.
except me, of course.
tyrell wellick

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stinkende » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:37 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
19 March 2013

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
2-8

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Yes, I moderated Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Online forum through late 2012, along with running various message boards as a young teen, now defunct.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes - once so far, although the software concept is very familiar to me. I plan to use it far more often when my tablet arrives!

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, I browse all the categories daily. The oekaki and art boards, and the fact that they are very active, were a primary reason why I joined CS.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
I am passionate about art and gain a lot of inspiration from the massively diverse skills, styles, and ideas here. I would love to repay that debt by helping organize the forum to make it easier for everyone else to enjoy the art. I also come from a traditional art background and am more than happy to advise or critique any piece of art if my knowledge can help.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I worked in-game and forum support for a videogame company in 2012. That position required swift but fair, balanced decisions in an environment where most of the participants were stressed and emotionally charged (and often, both sides thought they were right). Through that experience I learned to listen first and analyze all aspects and perspectives before coming to a conclusion and taking action.

Along with that position, working with the public for 10 years has made patience and understanding second nature to me. I grew up as the middle child so mediating sibling battles was just part of my childhood, which is a skill I still utilize today when dealing with unhappy people.

I work in the printing industry and use graphic design software daily, so while I'm still getting used to CS' oekaki software, the concept is familiar to me, coming from Creative Suite and a few freeware programs.
lost interest in collecting, feel free to send a trade for some pets you'd like!
stinkende

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lilith » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:18 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Oct 12, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
6-7
3-4
No
Yes, but I'm not very talented I'm afraid
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, it brings me a lot of joy looking at the art of others ^-^
For once, I think CS is a wonderful site and I want to be part of it. I've been hoping for a staff opening that fit me for a while now and I think this might just be it
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
My sister isn't very mindful of her words sometimes and very emotional, so I had a lot of experience mediating between her and others. Though the CS oekaki doesn't seem to be for me, I've looked at it thoroughly and know how it works well, additionally I've always liked art and being around artists. I also think I'd be a great impartial judge since my real life job involves a lot of weighing facts.
ImageChriss ◆ 19 ◆ nb
Imagethey/them ◆ xe/xir
Imagevictim of my sister
Imagesend me a trade?
.lilith

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tremayne » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:03 pm

September 24, 2009
7 days.
Anywhere from 3-8 hours, depending on my schedule and how much sleep I don't want. xD
No, I have not.
I used to color in editable Oekaki all the time, and understand the program more than I should. I have not been able to color anything in for quite a while now, as I broke my mouse a long time ago and have had no inspiration to go out and buy a new one.
I love love love to browse through the art. Pictures speak a thousand words, and people's art is one thing I look forward to looking at every time I come on CS.
Just as I said before, the art that people post on the Oekaki threads is something I look forward to browsing through every day when I am done checking up on my few roleplays. If I can help moderate in any way, I would love to do so for the many members of CS that also siphon through the Oekaki boards.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
Handling people and situations is something in life that I enjoy. Having babysat for quite a few different families, and being thrown into many different situations, I believe that I can handle myself in a good and professional manner, so as not to hurt anyone's feelings or come off as rude. I am a people person.

Also, I applied for the Fanart Archivist position as well. Just so you know. c;
Tremayne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby starry--knight » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:20 am

-- November 11, 2010

-- Well over 20,00 posts

-- 7 days a week, or at least I try to. Usually I am on at the minimum 4-5 days a week.

-- Approximately 3-10 hours a day, depending on school or other activities at home.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
-- No I haven't "officially" moderated for anything but I do mod my species I've made and so forth.

-- Yes, I use the oekaki to draw almost every day and have used the program since I started back in 2010

-- Whenever I have free time, (which is a lot) I browse the oekaki boards to look at the artwork.

-- I have no particular reason for wanting to be a mod, I guess I mainly just want to be a help in the community. I spend a lot of Time here on CS, and why not use that time for something more valuable. I do not expect prizes or special treatment for being a mod, I am here to aide an assist my fellow members and that is all.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
-- I have had to deal with arguments before, not particularly on CS, but I feel I am a good mediator. I listen, take both sides into account and will ask for a second opinion before I decide on something.
-- I use Oekaki all the time so I am pretty familiar with the program. True I still have a lot to learn about it, but over all I think I can help someone if they are having Oekaki problems or questions.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunar-lynx » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:47 am

APPLICATION

• What date did you register as a CS member? Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:49 am
    • How many posts have you made in the forum? 9083
    • How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    Typically every day of the week, unless there is a family or school-related event.
    • How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    At minimum, 3-5. This is on school days. During my time at school, I'm on here with my phone randomly checking stuff throughout the day. I'm on my laptop after school for about 3-4 hours. On weekends, it's at a minimum of 6. I'm usually on all day as I don't have much to do on the weekends outside of my computer. Occasionally this is pushed down to 2-3 if I visit friends or family, but a majority of the time it is at the usually 6+ hours.
    • Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them.
    On official forums, no. I have not had the opportunity to do so yet. I have been a "mod" for several small threads on CS, though. There's been a few roleplays, user-made species, and art gifting threads that I have been in charge of/helped as a "mod" with.
    • Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    I have used it occasionally to do some color-ins. I am familiar with the program but I don't use it all that often or to seriously draw anything. I use Photoshop for my digital work.
    • Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    After I've dealt with my other CS things, I tend to find my way to the oekaki boards. I love art and love to look at all the creative works there. I look there to get ideas to help me to improve my own artwork as well. Currently, I usually spend some time on there at least 3 days out of the week.
    • Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    I want to help. Ever since I about 2 years ago, I've always wanted to have some sort of position on CS where I can help out. I have only applied for one or two positions that have been open previously because before I did not think I was ready to do so. Now, I think I have enough experience on CS to help out well. I admit, I do have a couple small warnings of Art Theft as you know. They were stupid little things that I'm honestly embarrassed to have gotten in trouble for. I am deeply sorry for all of those things. They were all little slip ups on my part for simply not reading something well enough or completely forgetting a rule or forgetting to give credit. I don't think any were particularly serious offenses, though that's for you to decide not me, and one was cleared by Tess. They all happened quite a long time ago. I have learned well from them and have done my absolute best to not make such mistakes since. I now believe that I am familiar enough with the rules of CS to be a help to the team here. I want to make sure all the rules of CS are followed and I want to help people to not make the same mistakes I have and if they do, I want to help them learn from them as I did so as not to make such mistakes in the future. I am very organized and somewhat OCD when it comes to organization. That being said, spammy and inappropriate posts tend to jump out at me and I always want to do something about them. This position would give me the opportunity to do something to help clean up CS by removing or editing or moving or whatever it is I need to do to take care of such posts. I love to help out in any way I can and this would be a great honor for me to be able to help out by being chosen to be a CS Oekaki Moderator.
    • Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
    I am dedicated to what I do and have gotten rather strict as far as rules go. I am strict about rules being followed on the threads I've ran in the past and on all the little threads I've been in charge of or a mini-mod for in the past and currently. If someone is breaking a rule, something gets done about it. I won't just look the other way. I am fair. I won't be more or less harsh with one person than I am with another for breaking a rule. I am not mean about it though. If someone is doing something that goes against the rules, I will be polite when I talk to them about it. I am very good at settling arguments. I do this almost daily it seems among people at school. I am fair and open-minded and I will hear everyone's side of the story before deciding on what should be done to resolve a situation, should one arise. I don't know if these are the particular skills you're looking for, but they are qualities about me that I think might be important for a position such as this. Also, I don't know how important it is seeing as this site is mostly English based and it might not matter much on the Oekaki boards but I do know a bit of Spanish and a very small amount of German.

I thank you for the opportunity of trying out for this position. Though I do of course hope I am chosen, I understand completely if others are chosen over me as I know there are many users that are qualified for such a position. Thank you again for giving me the chance ♥
ImagexxxxxImagexxxxImagexxxxImage
Cats, Video Games, and Game of Thrones obsessed. xxxxx >>> xxxxx deviantart . tumblr . characters . cedarclan (stars)
lunar-lynx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Husky » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:14 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: October 7th, 2013, I believe
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 528
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? 6-7 days a week
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It can range from 3-7
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? No.
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, I have.
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes (I enjoy viewing all of the creations).
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I would like to become an oekaki moderator because not only would I be able to see so much beautiful art, but if people are inappropriate I can keep them in order, keep CS a safe site.
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) Throughout my life I've been told how to deal with offensive things on the internet, so if I am to see something like that it will not effect me.
Husky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Beta. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:31 am

December 24th, 2009.

Every day of the week.

I'm usually online in the mornings from 6:45 to 7:40 and periodically for times throughout the day, then I am online at night around 4-10. So I'd say about 8 hours on a normal day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
No, I have not have any experience as a mod on other fourms, but am an artist on a fanforum where I have the same capabilities of a mod.

Yep! I use it a lot to draw and design.

Totally, I love scrolling through all sections of the oekaki so I can look at the art posted there. I usually go through all the pages and sit there and gawk at all the art. xD

Besides that I feel like this position would be one of the most enjoyable because it deals with browsing art, I'd love to help moderate members in a way that is both informative and instructional so that they can continue to use the oekaki in ways that are fun and rule abiding. I really feel like I'm privileged that this site has the oekaki, since it's where I learned to draw and design, and I'd love to be able to help those who are also learning to draw.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I have a lot experience with oekaki, and I also have a lot of experience with the glitches that can sometimes happen. Besides my knowledge of the oekaki I enjoy meeting new members and talking with them. I work at a horse camp with little kids so I also have patience for younger members. Finally, I'm a pretty upbeat/enthusiastic person who enjoys working and facing any new challenges that are thrown my way. 8D
I am Patches101

Beta.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nanashi » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:48 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
September 15, 2012 10:36

How many posts have you made in the forum: (at the time of applying. If it's less than 300, do not apply)
21197 Posts

Seven days a week so I check on everyday.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:
On weekdays (Monday-Thursdays) I get on from 3:00PM-11:45PM Central Time USA On Fridays I get on from 5:00PM-11:59PM Then Weekends are basically all day at random intervals but I spend about twelve or eleven hours just hanging about.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them:
Most of them are deleted or dead. Battle Arena Roleplays, NekuMita, Wolfz Online, and a few small fanclubs here and there.

I do I am just not the greatest artist in the world but some people disagree ;u;

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:
Yes I do my favorite sections is the weekly art challenge and also the intermediate board.

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?:
I think this would appeal to my artistic career and it'll help me learn a few things about tools to use for certain parts. I think this would be a great position for me because I can learn from some art on how to improve my own and I can also give tips to those who want it. It be a circle of depending each other. I'd also love to help out with this board since it involves looking at so many talented artists and keep art safe and appropriate while enjoying myself at amazing art. I would also just get to enjoy company with art and artists as I moderate and will make sure everything is following rules.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: (This is not required. For example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
I think that the skills I could bring to this board is that I am a motivational and optimistic person, I always try to bring people up when they feel like their art or anything isn't that great. Also I am a wonderful speaker and can deal with people who don't understand as fast as others as I have personal experience with teaching Speech to mentally disabled people. I treat everyone equally and everyone can know that they could treat me like any other user. I also have used the Oekaki board alot and could give tips about some tools, but I can still learn from others if their idea is better. I am also a stickler for rules as I punish myself if I ever broke a rule at home even if it's forgetting to do something. I also can speak a bit of French just more simple sentences ;u;

Good luck to everyone who applies I shall cheer all you on!
Last edited by Nanashi on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
is Earth's
greatest

----I am literal Meme Trash---
~ Kita ~ Female~ Gamer ~

text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text
text text text
Source art you use!
----Don't Steal my Format!----

Image Image Image

text

text

text

text

text

Tumblr

Credit

ImageImageImage
Nanashi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fancy Cat. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:40 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: I joined on November 8th, 2010
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4109
3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I always get on CS everyday
I'm not always posting, but I am on
4.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I normally spend a few hours on CS everyday
I haven't had access to a computer lately so I've had to use my phone. My cheer season has ended and Summer is coming up very soon so I'll be getting my new laptop in the next month and will be able to be on much more
5.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I'm not sure
I may have a while back, but I don't remember what thread it was
I think I've moderated a couple of fanclubs
6.Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? I have
I had over 200 drawings, but had most of them deleted
7.Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? I do all the time!
I think one time I had looked through 100 pages of art
I really enjoy looking at other people's art and how talented they are
8.Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I really love art
I have wanted to help out on CS for a very long time
Coming up on my fourth year here I think it would be nice to finally get to do this
I also think it would help with my art skills
9.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?) I know almost everything about the oekaki
I would be able to help people out with transparency, layers, etc.
Since my last drawing on the oekaki I have learned how to draw people, learned shading and lighting
I know I'm not the most amazing artist in the world, but I still think I would be able to help out a lot c:

Thanks so much for the opportunity!
Good luck to all of the other applicants c:
Fancy Cat.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me