Rarity system updated to add 4 new categories!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Rarity system updated to add 4 new categories!

Postby kamado. » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:05 pm

Blaubär wrote:
minecraft wrote:
maybe you could start a thread/discord for people who dont use the list so you can trade with eachother? i feel like theres plenty of solutions other than protesting a method plenty of people do like

I don't think having to use platforms outside CS or being reduced to individual trade threads is a very userfriendly method at all. Especially for younger users who aren't even allowed to send texts within this game, but also everyone else who'd have to deal with it, just to avoid something that isn't really an official thing in CS, since "the list" is user-made.

agreed.

if part of the purpose of this whole update was to make trading easier/more straightforward by making the list obsolete, then it has completely fallen flat. so many people still cling to use of the list, & from my personal experiences continuing to use the list alienates a certain percentage of users who do not from being able to trade with the folks that do. frankly it's a bit of a let-down. i was hoping that this would have the opposite effect, as i do not use the list & never will & this means that i will never obtain some of the pets on my wishlist.

but it's okay, there's nothing we can do about it now since cs won't lay out concrete values for its users.
become the heirloom of the heaviness you've known.
kamado.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Namikaze~Sin » Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:01 pm

minecraft wrote:
Namikaze~Sin wrote:if there are very few OMG SO COMMON, then how are they common? Or common and rare having almost the same amount?

I may be misunderstanding, so please feel free to correct me, but otherwise this seems counter intuitive?

~Sin

id suggest you check out this post for a visual of why the chart makes it appear that there arent many omg so commons!

there's tons of omg so common pets, but because that huge amount of pets all share the same appearance, visiually on the graph it makes a smaller bar!!

Thank you! The graph makes it make sense
✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚

Once appeared a nine-tailed demon fox,
one swing of it's mighty tail could crumble
mountains and cause tsunamis. To fight
the demon the people assembled the shinobi,
one brave shinobi was able to seal up the
demon but he lost his life.

That shinobi was called the 4th Hokage.

_______________Minato Namikaze.
Namikaze~Sin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minecraft » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:35 pm

kamado. wrote:agreed.

if part of the purpose of this whole update was to make trading easier/more straightforward by making the list obsolete, then it has completely fallen flat

i dont believe this update was even intended to stop the list, that was never part of the information in the original post we could vote on and definitely wouldn't have been expected... people are always gonna find silly ways to value pets.

as i said in reply to the user you're quoting, a forum or discord was a suggestion for people who might appreciate the opportunity to have a space for like minded players, not a "you have to", its okay :)

Image hi, im minecraft!!! Image

i like weird stories, silly ocs and making things!!
please give me time to think when trading!
click the flags for songs i like :3

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
minecraft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nangijala » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:49 am

Logging on after a while to see this nice change! But apologies if this has been asked before - is there anyway to get the Unknown (still growing) and Unknown bars to show up when you're viewing the pets in a group? Currently they only show up if I click on the specific pet :O
nangijala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Mon Oct 02, 2023 4:10 am

nangijala wrote:Logging on after a while to see this nice change! But apologies if this has been asked before - is there anyway to get the Unknown (still growing) and Unknown bars to show up when you're viewing the pets in a group? Currently they only show up if I click on the specific pet :O

Nope, that's normal :(

I made a suggestion ages ago and thought this update would've been the perfect time to implement it, especially since they designed alternate versions of the still growing/unknown bars for the new star rarity bar options.
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bugzybunni » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:19 am

hey, super silly question for anyone who can answer. this is my first time logging on in MONTHS and seeing the change, so im unfamiliar. is there a way to make the text larger? the common, very common, etc.? text under the bar. with its base size, i have to squint to be able to actually read it. (':
Image Image Image Image Image
████
████

──────────────────────────────────
x [ art shop! ] x [ th ] x [ sig ]
● april ● enby ● THEY/she ●
● chaotic neutral ● infp ● bisexual ●
bugzybunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WarriorcatKitty » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:21 pm

I HAVE SM MORE RARE PETS HGCFHVGJBB
my memory is the worst, so if you believe i have forgotten art, payment, or anything, please send me a message and remind me!!

Call me Autumn or Wolf !! <3
✨t1 diabetic||ey/em/she/her/they/them||coyote therian✨

please use tone tags with me <3
interests atm: Cartoons/Animation, Drawing, Plushies, Animal Jam, WolfQuest, Warrior Cats.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
everyone go gift Haze & Wyst because they are the best <33
✨🌕✨
"late at night, when the stars don't look quite right..."
Image Image Image

WarriorcatKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucifer morningstar » Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:02 am

bugzybunni wrote:
    hey, super silly question for anyone who can answer. this is my first time logging on in MONTHS and seeing the change, so im unfamiliar. is there a way to make the text larger? the common, very common, etc.? text under the bar. with its base size, i have to squint to be able to actually read it. (':

not sure if you've already found it yet, but the only options to change the bars can be found linked on Nick's post from the front page:

You can head over to your Pet Display Settings (at the bottom of any of your pet groups) to see all of the new rarity bars.

I looked but I don't think the text size is necessarily bigger on any option, but you might be able to change the bar to something less distracting to make it easier to read.
please note: very slow responses at the moment due to new job, thank you for your patience!

lucifer morningstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blaubär » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:28 pm

minecraft wrote:
kamado. wrote:agreed.

if part of the purpose of this whole update was to make trading easier/more straightforward by making the list obsolete, then it has completely fallen flat

i dont believe this update was even intended to stop the list, that was never part of the information in the original post we could vote on and definitely wouldn't have been expected... people are always gonna find silly ways to value pets.

as i said in reply to the user you're quoting, a forum or discord was a suggestion for people who might appreciate the opportunity to have a space for like minded players, not a "you have to", its okay :)

Trading was supposed to get enhanced or resurrected if you so want. At least this is what I took away from the whole discussion. That's also the reason why the list keeps coming up again and again: It is almost inextricably woven into the trading culture on this website. This has been discussed before and was the reason why users voted to get rid of the list.

As to suggestion vs. must: I think it's better to be constructive, yes. Right now, it feels like trying to create niches for people who'd like to use the site as it was created and saying: "If you do this, then the problem's solved." But it's not, it's just some makeshift solution and it feels a bit like saying: "Stop complaining, just make it work", even though I don't think that's what you intended. Just trying to explain why some people object to those ideas and why I replied to you in that other post. Not trying to chide you for trying to help, just trying to shed more light on why this isn't so easily solved.
Blaubär

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BassNectar » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:39 am

Haven’t logged on here or posted in forever. I left this site because trading culture got so toxic and I despised “the list” and always disagreed with it. Never made sense how demand was not accurately accounted for.

I love the new rarity system! It takes the guesswork away and just makes so much more sense. I’m surprised to see so many people whining about it. Another reason I left this site, I guess.
BassNectar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me