Fennec Foxes - update for the 2009/2010 Shima Fennecs

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Fennec Foxes - update for the 2009/2010 Shima Fennecs

Postby Lunarsnow » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:15 pm

undecidedTechnopath wrote:What I agree with is the other thing people are saying. I believe these new linearts are perfectly fine. Maybe they aren't as fluffy as the old linearts, but so what? The problem for me is the new foxes. I feel that these nice special foxes have been made less special, not by the changed lineart, but by creating more.

Though I mean the only reason we have these new foxes is because the old ones needed to be changed. The new lines were made for the old foxes and I guess the staff took the opportunity to use the new lines for more pets instead of making a whole new lineart and only ever using it on four old pets.

Sorren Fey wrote:Please keep in mind that the new lines were only created because Shima's foxes had to be replaced. We are not going to make another set of lines when we already have one that finally fulfilled it's actual purpose. If this issue hadn't existed, then we might not have recieved any new fennec fox lines that could be used for new litters.
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rick Sanchez~ » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Myself personally, and i think a few others believe this, i honestly dont think fennec foxes were needed as a new species. It doesnt mean i dont appreciate the artists work. It doesnt mean that i dont like the idea of a new species. And yes we needed to replace the ones for being traced. But they were remade to replace the lines. I dont see them necessary for a new common species. Sorry but i just dont see how replacing old lines makes it necessary for a new species
Free pets! First come first serve
~Rick Sanchez~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~sekii♥rei~ » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:22 am

The Mad Hatter wrote:Myself personally, and i think a few others believe this, i honestly dont think fennec foxes were needed as a new species. It doesnt mean i dont appreciate the artists work. It doesnt mean that i dont like the idea of a new species. And yes we needed to replace the ones for being traced. But they were remade to replace the lines. I dont see them necessary for a new common species. Sorry but i just dont see how replacing old lines makes it necessary for a new species

^^^^ this. It also contributes to the shimas losing demand now.
hi im a dog artist

art-for-pets shop!Trade Thread ♥️
~sekii♥rei~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:40 am

The thing is they cannot just delete a pet due to infringement. Remember that we paid for those pets either in C$ or with valuble pets. So outright deleting isn't an option without some kind of compensation. Also one can't simply place any fox in place of the other because we adopted those foxes for those unique features they had. To those that feel the pet didn't match CS's style, it was those differentiating features that we liked and wanted.

The new fox lacks the features the old one had. The details are everything on a pet. With all those elements removed, it is no longer the same. So of course people are going to have a problem. Putting a Sunjewel design on any dog doesn't make it a Sunjewel.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~sekii♥rei~ » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:54 am

WASSAP wrote:The new fox lacks the features the old one had. The details are everything on a pet. With all those elements removed, it is no longer the same. So of course people are going to have a problem. Putting a Sunjewel design on any dog doesn't make it a Sunjewel.

This omg. You put it into words. I couldn't haha.
It's kinda like the deer. The deer have designs of old, high-demand dogs. But the deer definitely are not worth the same price of those dogs just because they have the same design.
Yeah, they're deer, not dogs, but still, same concept.
Same as the GUPPS. If they do a GUPPS of an old PPS this year, the GUPPS wouldn't be worth half as much as that PPS even though, well, it IS that PPS.
hi im a dog artist

art-for-pets shop!Trade Thread ♥️
~sekii♥rei~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Synge-Zinc wrote:
WASSAP wrote:The new fox lacks the features the old one had. The details are everything on a pet. With all those elements removed, it is no longer the same. So of course people are going to have a problem. Putting a Sunjewel design on any dog doesn't make it a Sunjewel.

It's kinda like the deer. The deer have designs of old, high-demand dogs. But the deer definitely are not worth the same price of those dogs just because they have the same design.
Same as the GUPPS. If they do a GUPPS of an old PPS this year, the GUPPS wouldn't be worth half as much as that PPS even though, well, it IS that PPS.

True but the deer are obviously not worth the older pets because they're a different date/year, different rarity, different species, and the only thing the same is their design. And if you put a Sunjewel design on the same dog lineart, it is a Sunjewel - not a true-date Sunjewel, but it is one. But put it on a Malk dog lineart and no, it's not a Sunjewel you're right. I get what you're trying to say but even with the new lineart the old fennecs are still basically the same - same design, same date/year, same rarity, same species.

Though at the same time it is different, I do acknowledge that. Though no matter how much you preferred or loved the old lineart it doesn't negate the fact that the fennecs are essentially the same except in looks. And the big difference between these foxes and the deer or the GUPPS or the Sunjewel is that the originals still exist. The new fennec lineart has become the original even if it doesn't have the same feel as the old ones did and I can definitely see how that can leave a sour taste in your mouth.

I know the main problem people have with the new redesigns are that 1. The lineart is quite different and/or 2. There are newer pets on the same lineart. Problem 1 could be semi-fixed with lineart edits but problem 2 can't be helped since the staff has decided to make more fennecs. And I doubt that the staff will tend to problem 1 either unfortunately.
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:01 pm

I personally think that the lineart change is fine. I didn't really like the old fox that much, something about the pose. The colours are amazing, but the pose was not for me. I like the new lineart alot. Also I don't see the problem if their rarity hasn't changed. If it changed then I would understand people complaining. But personally I would still pay what I would have paid for them before. I would probably pay more now.

Also if it was a copyright issue, I would rather have the issue resolved, then the site getting in trouble and worst case scenario getting taken down D:

So main bit of my post is that I agree with the staffs' decision 110%
Lights Off
PeterParker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Rick Sanchez~ » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:58 am

Lunarsnow wrote:
Synge-Zinc wrote:

True but the deer are obviously not worth the older pets because they're a different date/year, different rarity, different species, and the only thing the same is their design. And if you put a Sunjewel design on the same dog lineart, it is a Sunjewel - not a true-date Sunjewel, but it is one. But put it on a Malk dog lineart and no, it's not a Sunjewel you're right. I get what you're trying to say but even with the new lineart the old fennecs are still basically the same - same design, same date/year, same rarity, same species.

Though at the same time it is different, I do acknowledge that. Though no matter how much you preferred or loved the old lineart it doesn't negate the fact that the fennecs are essentially the same except in looks. And the big difference between these foxes and the deer or the GUPPS or the Sunjewel is that the originals still exist. The new fennec lineart has become the original even if it doesn't have the same feel as the old ones did and I can definitely see how that can leave a sour taste in your mouth.

I know the main problem people have with the new redesigns are that 1. The lineart is quite different and/or 2. There are newer pets on the same lineart. Problem 1 could be semi-fixed with lineart edits but problem 2 can't be helped since the staff has decided to make more fennecs. And I doubt that the staff will tend to problem 1 either unfortunately.

Im sorry but what you said in the second paragraph doesnt really make sense....
Free pets! First come first serve
~Rick Sanchez~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lunarsnow » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:39 am

The Mad Hatter wrote:Im sorry but what you said in the second paragraph doesnt really make sense....

How so? They were comparing the new fox linearts to old pet designs on new pets and I said that it's not quite the same. With old pet designs on new pets the rarity, species, and release date are all different and that there's two separate existing pets in that equation: the original older pet and the newer pet. With the new fox lineart on the shima foxes, the only thing different is the lineart and the old design is no longer on CS - the pet's lineart was just changed but it's still the same pet. Though I also said that I understand how people could be disappointed despite that and that I acknowledge that the new lineart has a different feel than the old one.

Is it the part where I said it's the same but also different that confuses you? I don't really know how else to word that. ^^;
Random cat spotlight <3
Lunarsnow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby van Wolf » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:21 am

Jean wrote:I'm just going to pop in to say that the rude opinions people are talking about are the "ewewew change it back it looks horrible now!!!1!!"s and the "this is so ugly!!!" comments, which have already been removed by staff for breaking thread rules and for being rude overall. This is why "all you see" are constructive criticism.

There is really no need to argue about this. 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.'

On topic, I personally love the new fennecs. They seem to fit into the rest of CS's pets now, not to mention they are more realistic. Don't get me wrong, the old fox lines were adorable, and I will miss them.

Agreed. No matter how much you complain about the new lines, they won't change them back so there is no point in posting that you don't like the change, especially if you are being rude about it. The design wouldn't have been changed without a good reason. I would personally rather a lineart being changed than Chicken Smoothie being shut down because of copyright issues.

I think the new lines are fab and fit the designs perfectly. The old ones were nice but they didn't really appeal to me. Great job as always, CS staff.
van Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me