Black Lives Matter

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Black Lives Matter

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:23 pm

I forgot to add this to my post but kevin day reminded me - if you don't see race, you can't notice patterns.

Postby dontdrinkthepoison » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 pm

Did you completely miss the black people killed in the riots? David Dorn, David McAtee, Javar Harrell, Patrick Underwood, Itailia Kelly, Calvin Horton, James Scurlock, etc. Did you miss the business being destroyed? For what? You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to see that one.

BLM is run by rich white anarchists. They don't even try to hide it. Look up the facts. Follow the money trail. It's all a big lie. People back them because they think it sounds virtuous. Virtue signaling doesn't help anyone.

You want to help? Take action. Get out and DO something that actually helps someone improve their life. Quit seeing race and see people. But if you believe black are treated badly then get out there and help them. BLM destroys. That's all they care about.... Revenge and destruction[/quote]
well, those arent sources, but okay.
1. i have been unable to keep up with all the latest news on protests or "riots", i am only human. but some of the people you mentioned are white, or have been killed by p/lice, or have unidentified killers. i did not miss the businesses being destroyed, or the deaths. many of the rioters are unrelated to the peaceful protests or even using the violence to discredit the movement, which obviously works if we're having this conversation.
2. you tell me to look up the facts but give me nothing to look up. black lives matter is not "run" by anyone, because it is not an organization. it's a movement that has been going on for years now. please provide me with sources or keywords to extreme claims like that.
3. how can i help? i have been attending peaceful protests, trying to get the names of charities out in public view, and educate people. i'm an unemployed minor and currently saving my money for a driver's education course, so i can't donate, but i have been trying to get others who can donate to do so.
race is a beautiful thing. forgetting race would be forgetting history and culture. our differences are what make us unique, and our backgrounds are easily part of that. again, please tell me how i can be more active and assist my poc siblings in their fight for equality.
blm is not a "them", it is an ideal. it's a thought process, a way to show support, and a call for action. "blm" only cares about equality for poc, that is the entire point.[/quote]

Well good for you.. it's a devisive movement. You cannot convince me otherwise. Anyone who truly cares about lives would never back rioters and murderers. Im all for equality. That's the exact reason I would never back them. The lives BLM takes matters just as much to me.

It's just another hate group. We already have too many.
BoNeZ ^^

Under construction

&pageSize=900
dontdrinkthepoison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dontdrinkthepoison » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

kevin day wrote:
dontdrinkthepoison wrote:So disappointed that CS would choose to back such a hateful racist organization. The movement itself is racist. Hard working mostly poor people of all races are being hurt and even killed because of BLM. So many people with good intentions but either lack the facts, refuse to follow the money trail, or just simply don't care about the truth.

I generally stay out of controversy... but CS felt the need to not only get involved but actually post it on the front page. I guess the mods were bored and needed a challenge.

Fyi... I married a black man and have 3 mixed children and 3 black children. I grew up in "the system." I know what I'm talking about. Please be careful. Don't be brainwashed.

"i'm not racist, i have black family!"

you yourself are not black. you may think you do, but you do not know what you are talking about because you are not black.

BLM is more than just an organization at this point. it's a uniting point across the world and by saying "black lives matter," people aren't directly allying themselves with the organization itself.

for myself and other POC, especially BIPOC, simply "ignoring race" is impossible. in a country built on systemic racism and genocide, there is no way for us to somehow remove our skin colors and history from the equation.

check your privilege <3

Aahh. Of course.. the whole" I don't know you but you have no voice because you're not black" excuse. Lol. Then the quick jump to privilege comment. Lol.

The saddest thing about your comments is it truly reveals for all to see just how racist YOU are.

I hope for your sake you see the truth as you mature.
BoNeZ ^^

Under construction

&pageSize=900
dontdrinkthepoison

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 pm

Thing is snails if we continue to see race and not just the one race with many skin tones, and keep bringing up the past which Karin day is not any of our fault, (it happened in the 1800s) then we will never move on. Why is everyone still interested in making excuses, and dragging up the past.

You wanna help, drop the “races” drop the shout boxing and the protests, leave history in a museum and history books where it belongs , and make everyone equal and respect everyone by recognising that everyone exists in the world. All sorts of us, but we are still only One Race.

We are never going to move on arguing like this. BLM is a movement to have people’s voices heard. It didn’t do anything in 2013 and it’s only recognised need for police training now.

We need to actually DO something like re-educated or even not bring up race at all.

Do you know I got bought up by parents that Never mentioned race or even LGBTQ’s stuff when we were growing up?
As a result of that, my sisters had an Arabic friend, (I never knew religion or country). I had a Muslim best friend for a few years, we’ve had black friends, kissed black people, and dated the same gender. Why? Because we see NO difference between our white non religious being and any of them!

If you don’t bring it up, nothing happens! No difference seen.
Last edited by *JACKAL* on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GODEATER » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:44 pm

dontdrinkthepoison wrote:
Aahh. Of course.. the whole" I don't know you but you have no voice because you're not black" excuse. Lol. Then the quick jump to privilege comment. Lol.

The saddest thing about your comments is it truly reveals for all to see just how racist YOU are.

I hope for your sake you see the truth as you mature.

So you’re saying you understand the struggles of poc? Since you’re quick to use your voice against people trying to help. Please, enlighten me with them. You must know how poc have to live their lives in this world.
    discord: godeater
GODEATER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:47 pm

Can someone tell me what poc is?

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌

▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█
▌█

Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image..Image
*JACKAL*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:49 pm

you still havent given me any sources or information on how I can help.
@jackal, poc is shorthand for person of color.

Postby ghostmaker » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:50 pm

dontdrinkthepoison wrote:Well good for you.. it's a devisive movement. You cannot convince me otherwise. Anyone who truly cares about lives would never back rioters and murderers. Im all for equality. That's the exact reason I would never back them. The lives BLM takes matters just as much to me.

It's just another hate group. We already have too many.

aw, cute!! you’re assuming that BLM stands for rioting and murdering even though an overwhelming majority of protestors and supporters do not. generalizing a VERY large group of people, especially one filled with POC, as backing these things makes people like you apart of the problem as well. the fact that you are arguing against the statement “black lives matter” tells me everything i need to know about you as a person. regardless of what the organization does, the BLM ideology is and will always be anti-racist. disagreeing with that suggests that you do not agree with their message <3333

as an angry poc, i’m just going to say that i won’t let some pressed whites who act like they experience what POC go through and think it’s easy call me things that i am very much not <3

@*JACKAL*: first of all, the fact that you didn’t even know what POC stands for is a massive red flag in this conversation.

the way that you are able to dismiss the past 400 years of oppression and tell people to “stop bringing up the past” is astounding. the civil rights movement ended around 52 years ago. there are people alive that experienced the segregation white americans put POC through. black and indigenous people were kept in damn ZOOS for white people’s entertainment in the 20th century. mass incarceration is still a thing. so many black families have been stuck in endless cycles of poverty because their ancestors were left with nothing after they were freed from slavery. the government neglects the large indigenous populations and the literal GENOCIDE of indigenous people is still glossed over in american schools. i am SO sorry that us poor poc are little offended snowflakes and keep bringing up how white people mistreated, killed, and did so much more to us 🥺🥺🥺 did we hurt ur feelings?? sorry </3

you never had to talk about race with your parents because You are white. you don’t seem to be understanding that :) you will never be discriminated against or oppressed for your skin color. you will never ever have to worry about race because in america, white people have the most privilege. you will never have to listen to your mother explain how to act when police pull you over because you are white.

ignoring/not mentioning race is a direct insult to POC. i am fully aware of the fact i am not white. i take pride in my racial background and heritage.

i will say it again :) check your privilege! i will be blocking you both and dropping this topic because as a POC it is not my job or obligation to attempt to educate some ignorant white people, especially not when you have the entire internet at your disposal <3
mars • he/they/she • adult
ghostmaker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Alcidesune » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:52 pm

@ dontdrinkthepoison
"Hate group" implies an organization with figureheads controlling the actions of the group with the explicit intent of bringing harm to minority groups. BLM and ANTIFA, which are commonly labeled hate groups, are not because they lack both of these traits. Both groups are simply people independently making a moral decision and gathering together to spread that. Any violence associated with BLM comes from; a) cops in plain clothes b) looters using the protest as a camouflage c) people trying to discredit BLM and d) extremists. The first three shouldn't be associated with BLM at all, and the fourth is only as much representative of the BLM ideology as a single skin cell is representative of your entire body. Moral purity has no place in making change - that's how you get people abstaining from voting because "none of the candidates are good uwu"

@*JACKAL*
I've talked about this before in relation to the origin of policing, but the past isn't the past when it continues influencing our politics and policing. Pretending there's only "one race" is a tactic often used to force people to conform and forget about their own culture. Refusing to teach or recognize race is why many Native American languages and cultures are nearly extinct. Refusing to acknowledge various genders and sexualities is why many LGBT youth don't have the slightest idea about how to safely explore these things. Furthermore, riots and protests are necessary to bring about changes in our government. Practically no change has ever occurred within the U.S without them, and pretending that protests/riots are evil is just feeding into the hands of those who benefit from the current system.
Click the image to see the artists!

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Connoisseur of the freaky and monstrous
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:55 pm

*JACKAL* wrote:Thing is snails if we continue to see race and not just the one race with many skin tones, and keep bringing up the past which Karin day is not any of our fault, (it happened in the 1800s) then we will never move on. Why is everyone still interested in making excuses, and dragging up the past.

what will happen if we "move on" and stop seeing race is that we will return to the status quo in which people of color will suffer. the only difference is that those people of color will return to silence instead of rightfully protesting for equal rights.

You wanna help, drop the “races” drop the shout boxing and the protests, leave history in a museum and history books where it belongs , and make everyone equal and respect everyone by recognising that everyone exists in the world. All sorts of us, but we are still only One Race.

you cannot leave history in a museum when that history is still unfolding before us. you claim that people of color are no longer facing discrimination when all it takes is a look outside the window to confirm that it still exists. we may be one human race, but we are not yet treated equally by the people in power.

We are never going to move on arguing like this. BLM is a movement to have people’s voices heard. It didn’t do anything in 2013 and it’s only recognised need for police training now.

We need to actually DO something like re-educated or even not bring up race at all.

you are suggesting that 1) blm did not accomplish anything, and 2) that it will never accomplish anything. however the black lives matter movement has managed to bring justice to several black people after they were wrongfully killed or persecuted, it has raised international awareness, helped memorial funds, and has given access to many people so that they can further advocate for better rights. you are wrong in saying that a movement such as this one needs to be dropped while it has momentum.

you suggest we "do something" but keep asking us to maintain silence and the status quo. i don't understand what your stance is. re-education means overhauling the entire system so that it will finally see people of color as equals.

Do you know I got bought up by parents that Never mentioned race or even LGBTQ’s stuff when we were growing up?
As a result of that, my sisters had an Arabic friend, (I never knew religion or country). I had a Muslim best friend for a few years, we’ve had black friends, kissed black people, and dated the same gender. Why? Because we see NO difference between our white non religious being and any of them!

If you don’t bring it up, nothing happens! No difference seen.

i feel sorry for your friends because you're so unwilling to fight for their rights because you're so adamant on "seeing no difference." the truth is that as long as those in power still see people of color, muslims, and the lgbtq community as lesser beings, then there is still a difference, a disparity that has to be fought against. a gap that needs to be closed.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me