Roleplay Moderators - Applications closed! Now choosing.

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Roleplay Moderators - Now hiring! (age 16+)

Postby Transkitty » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:05 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: October 23, 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3609
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I am on CS for 2-3 hours everyday. More if I don't work that day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before?: Not yet.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? Years ago, I roleplayed in the game rooms on Gaiaonline.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? Yes. I'm in four or five at this point in time.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I'd like to keep CS forums friendly for everybody, no matter what their ages. I love to roleplay, and being able to make that experience more enjoyable for the other members of CS would be an honor.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I have a talent for ending fights quickly and respectfully for all involved. I also read quickly, so I can get through pages and pages of a roleplay in a short time.

Thank you for considering me!
Transkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:29 pm

1.What date did you register as a CS member?:
I registered on the 30th October 2009

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
I currently have 12,176 posts

3.How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I visit every day for at least 3-4 hours on average (for the exception of occasional days)

4.Have you moderated on any other forums before?
I have moderated on MANY threads, so here are only a few;
Gift Of Art - I also own this thread
Woragons
Docksens

5.Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?
I have, but I cannot link as I no longer participate in them, though I can name a few places;
Shadow Puppets
Paws
& a few others in which i cannot remember

6.Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, when I first came onto CS I was very much into roleplaying and am still apart of a large roleplay group at the current point. I have also started many roleplays which have not continued to work(sadly).

7.Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
I want to be a roleplay moderator because ever since i've joined CS, I wanted to be a bigger part of CS, and I know about art theft and know about how to calmly deal with any issues that arise. I know what is fair, and am willing to share that with the whole roleplay community. I love the thought of being able to help out and being able to minimize the amout of rule breaking.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I have a keen sense of knowing when there is an art theft situation.
I understand how some people are not entirely sure about what to do in situations where they have unknowingly done something wrong, and will not scream and yell at people telling them they should have know or anything.
I understand the meaning of Semi-lit (when some people do not and users can tend to get very upset when people don't roleplay at a semi-lit level).
I can handle situations in a civilized manner.

Thank you for this opportunity.
Last edited by Oddly Shaded on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bad Habit » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 pm

What date did you register as a CS member? : Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:24 am
How many posts have you made in the forum : 1593
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? I log in every day at least once, and can spend anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 hours on it, depending on how into trading I feel.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I was a moderator/admin on a horse sim game, mywebhorse.com, however the site is now defunct due to the lack of owner management skills.
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? All of the rpg's I was previously involved in have since closed due to lack of player interest, or lack of owner interest
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I tried a few, but admit to being relatively snobby, and becoming disinterested due to various "one-liner" posts. I then dropped out due to my own creative block, as I could not post with so little to go on.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? At this point, I have plenty of free time, and would very much like to devote myself to something constructive. I feel that my maturity/experience could be an asset to the forums.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? : I have previous worked as moderator/owner/player on various rpg's, however they have long since fizzled out for one reason or another. I was part of various "rpg school" systems as well, advising others to the best way to post, how to make better posts that get better replies, how to create captivating characters, etc. I would love to get back into rpg's in one form or another, but have a hard time finding rpg's that I enjoy and are able to enthrall me at the same level that I had experienced previously.

Thank you for your consideration.
Bad Habit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rubedo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:10 pm

1. What date did you register as a CS member?: Tuesday November 15, 2011

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3,879

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?: Usually 5-7 days out of the week (depending on my schedule) and 5-12 hours per day

4. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No

5. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them. Yes, but it has been a while since the last time I have so I can't find the RP's specifically. However, the sites were: http://www.subeta.net, http://forums.dragcave.net, http://www.dragonadoptersforum.com

6. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?: Yes

7. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?: It is something that I have always wanted to do and I believe I would be really good at it.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?): I was chosen to be a Shift Supervisor at the college I am attending for a semester. I was in charge of assigning people specific jobs and making sure they did them correctly, keeping the building clean and organized, and making sure the animals were healthy and well cared for. I was also who everyone reported to if they found a problem and I would make sure one of the staff knew about it.

If you took the time to read through my application, thank you! And I hope you consider me for the position. :D
ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Rubedo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pindelle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:44 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
January 9, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
At least six, though at most seven days a week. C:
I am on from at least 3-5 hours on weekdays, and 12-18 hours on the weekend.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Sadly no. Though I do hope to someday if I do not become one on CS.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?
Yes, though I seem to stick to one main website outside CS, though I currently need to find more since I enjoy roleplaying so much. =3

Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?
Yes, very many :3. I am currently in about three, though I hope that number will grow.

Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?
It seems like a challenge I am ready to handle. I am more that ready to spend lots of my time cleaning out forums. I am very prepared for the job if I get it. ^-^
Also, I am a very mature teen who is ready to see and read graphic violence//etc...

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I am very good at settling arguments and telling people nicely that they have said/posted/etc...
I am a very trustworthy person, ready for the job.

With all due respect and best of wishes; When.Dusk.Falls.
Last edited by Pindelle on Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pindelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverShadeDragon » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:04 pm

I honestly think it should be made VERY clear, that there will be mature content involved and such....

(no i'm not applying although i roleplay off site, but that stuff is usually too violent for CS)
SilverShadeDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoneAnubis » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:29 am

Application

1. What date did you register as a CS member?:
June 4th, 2009, 9:16 am

2. How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
5178 Posts in total

3. How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
Seven day's a week, and about roughly 10 hours, give or take an hour.

4. Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No, if I am accepted, this will be the first time for me.

5. Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.:
No, not really

6. Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before?:
Yes, I have.

7. Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS?:
Personally, I love reading, and I have fun while roleplaying when someone catches my eye. Roleplaying to me is like a story, bringing out a certain characters history, or slowly explains why a certain character acts the way they do. I'd love to help other's see that roleplaying is fun, and enjoyable. I'd love to help out the community of CS and help moderate around if I am able to.

8. Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?):
I have helped settle things between people, I am calm and mature when it comes to settling disputes and I will always hear out both sides of the arguments and clear out events that are of no need.
Bonjour everyone!
I am Anubis but you may call me Anu.
I'm always looking for new friends
so don't be afraid to message me.
Merci and bonne journée.
No longer active! Please do not send trades or messages as I will not see them.
LoneAnubis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raey » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:54 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: 2010-10-21 (this is the time I made my own account - before I shared one with a friend)
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 2129
How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day? At the moment: weekend - up to 4 hours. Monday-Friday - at least 2 hours. After my final exams (at the beginning of March) I will be able to be at least 3 hours under the week and up to 5 hours at the weeked. And I always visit the page every day.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? No
Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? I were in may roleplays on a German side, but I'm not there anymore.
Have you participated in many roleplays on CS before? I think soo.
Why do you want to be a roleplay moderator for CS? I really like roleplays but I poorly I had the expierence that some semi-lit dies fast sometimes and I really want a new challenge, if I'm honest. I'm nearly finish with school and I would enjoy some work here, since I really like CS. I'm a big reader too and enjoy if I can help others.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required). Well I'm from Germany and in our school system we have to absolve two higher courses to get our gradiation. And one of mine is German, where we have of course read and write much and I think I have a good understanding for literature, what I think is a good thing for roleplays.
But I have to say, that even English is my second language my English isn't the best, but I don't have problems with understanding (I'm reading many English books) but sometimes with my vocabulary to express correctly (my grammar is sometimes really bad). Although I'm very understanding and a kind person.
raey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theWhitePoplar.Witch » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:04 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:20 pm~

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
2404. Though it's the majority of my earliest posts that have been in the role playing forum. ^^;

How many days a week do you usually visit CS, and how many hours do you usually spend per day?
I'm on CS seven days a week, at least three+ hours each day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Not on CS, no. And sadly, the sites I was a mod on died when Spleafnet was shut down.

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before? If there are any places in particular, please link to them.
I've been on multiple sites since I started role playing when I was fourteen. ^^; But the one I've been on the longest has been: [url=http://z15.invisionfree.example.com/Whazzit/index.php?act=idx]Whazzit Weyrd[/b]. I've been on Whazzit going on...six years now. The site is very resilient. ^^;

I've participated in four or five role plays on CS, aside from the onexone that never really took off.

I feel like I can do some good here. c: I'm always running around trying to help others out, and would love the chance to do more for the site.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you run your own roleplay website before, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I've always been a good listener when people are fighting or need help with something. I like to think that's one of my best traits. I've also run a few sites myself, with the help of friends, and feel like that experience can be one of the things I bring with me.
theWhitePoplar.Witch

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
June 18 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

5-6 hours. Scattered through out the day. I'm online everyday of the week unless something serious in my life has taken place such as a medical emergency or serious family crisis.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?
Other Forum, no I have not. But I have mini modded a few roleplay threads along with Holibombs this past Christmas.
Holibombs

Have you participated in many roleplays outside of CS before?
I have not. I've spent years roleplaying with my real life friends through notes during classes before I graduated. This site has been great and has a welcoming community, that I haven't explored other roleplay boards or sites. So much so that my family is on here along with a few friends.

Yes, I would say more then a decent or even large amount. most of them being with the same group of friends I've made on here. I've dabbled in other roleplays but they didn't last very long, that the thread kind of died out as users stopped posting making it a one on one roleplay.

I love roleplaying it allowes you to take on a character and a new light, creating a really great escape from real life. For me, its a way to cope with stress, relax, and just have fun with different people, charaters and storylines. It's so much of a great escape that it shouldn't be affected by fights or rule breaking. I've seen alot of posts that are very close to breaking the rules and going past what I feel is not acceptable to be on a children's site. I've seen and experienced roleplays where the owner takes complete control and makes everyones characters weaker and forcibly submissive to their characters. I would much rather help those being pushed down then activity roleplaying myself. To help keep things age appropriate and improve the overall experience for newer and older members have with joining and running roleplays. I wish to keep that essence of a personal escape, fun and creativity alive on the forums.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:
I believe I can bring a calm and understanding view to both sides of an argument. To bring an argument on a roleplay thread to a understanding making both sides pleased with the agreement. To know when to lock a thread for being more then so many pages.

Besides the moderating I did in Holibombs, I honestly have little experience in moderating but I'm a fast learner and more then willing to learn. I do not have a job and can not have one due to circumstances beyond my control so my day is always free and I would like a chance to feel like I'm helping and being useful.
Thank you for this oppertunity and for your time.

-Shades
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:54 am, edited 3 times in total.