GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby oceanblue514 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:07 am

I've waited a long time for this! The chance of being chosen is very small, but I'd like to try anway! (:

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 3rd, 2012 (Almost a year ago! c;)

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)?: 3,229

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval?: Yes, I see a lot of stuff like that, and am used to it.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Usually 7, but on a busy week 4 or 5

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I spend a lot of time here, about 4-6 hours

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I'm new to this modding thing, but hey, there's a first time for everything! (:

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: Well, I've wanted to be a mod here for a long time because I want to see CS from a new point of view, a site I'm helping instead of just wandering around on. I like helping people out, and I'm really glad you are giving us this opportunity! Of all the times I've seen arguements, and waited and waited for a mod to come, I think, 'What if I was a mod? Then I could deal with this problem right now, and stop this arguement.' I'd really love to become a mod and help other people more than I do now. And what I love most of all is the warm feeling I get when somone says 'thank you!' Just knowing I've helped someone creates an amazing feeling. I want to help the people of CS, as they have helped me in so many ways! I know it's not all going to be easy, though. Yes, there will be ungrateful people, but I still think I'm ready to try this out. I know I might not get chosen, but hey, maybe I will! Thank you again for giving us the opportunity! ♥

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I'm not good at very many things, but I'm good at answering most questions about CS. I'm learning more and more about CS every day, and I want to pass on that knowledge!

Well, that's the end of my application! Good luck to everyone! (;
Last edited by oceanblue514 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm back on cs after a long break, and I'm trying to get all the pets I've missed over the past couple years. Trades are appreciated greatly!!
oceanblue514

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kami_ » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:55 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:

12 Jan 2012, 18:46
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

Recently not so many as I have had no commitments on CS, but when I had commitments I was online every day of the week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

As I mentioned in my previous answer I have not had many commitments, so I haven't been online recently. But when I was online I was usually on for about 9-10 hours a day, But on a day where I was busy I would be on for around 5-6 hours. In these hours I would be frequently checking the Oekaki forum, Announcements, Introductions, General discussion, 18+ chat, Animal chatter, International board, Games/Movies/Books?tv Shows, Clubs and armies, Forum games, Other websites. I would also do the same for all the threads in the 'Creativity, Roleplay, Adoptables and Suggestions'. Purley just looking around.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

Afraid I have not

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

The reason I would adore to be a Moderator is because I haven't been so involved in this site recently and I would love to get back into it. I like talking to people and having a nice conversation with the odd person. I also have a thing for helping people and I really enjoy it, Knowing I've made someone happy makes me feel happy and I know as a moderator I could help lots people!
I love CS and being a moderator would would keep me busy and would allow me to show me what I am capable of achieving, and I think you might be surprised. ;)

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position

I can speak part Spanish if that helps in anyway :)

Thank you :D
kami_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadowRose17 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:33 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Dec 29, 2008

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1615

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am above the age and I am willing.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Typically every day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I'm not really sure, it's several hours a day but I actually don't time myself. I'm normally online all afternoon and into the night except certain days and visit throughout the day.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Yes, I have. I've had two forums of my own, one of which is just for friends and the other doesn't get any traffic anymore, and I was a mod on a friend's forum. Since they're no longer really active or they're just for friends I'm not going to link them, I hope that's okay. ^^

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I really appreciate the job the mods do and I'd love to be able to help out.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I can't really, unfortunately.

Thank you guys for the opportunity. ^^
ShadowRose17

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby oriole » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:23 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) June 5, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) 364
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) YES
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Couple hours everyday
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I spend more time on weekends and fridays, but I play couple hours everyday!
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I sorta 'modded' in real life....
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I LOVE CS and hope I can help it to be a better comunity. I feel like a true resident.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) i can deal with peer preasure and can speak chinese. I can draw too, if that helps.
Good Luck every one! :D
Last edited by oriole on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oriole

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swiftcloud » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:45 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Monday, June 25 of 2012 at 5:18 PM.

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
303, not including this post. It may not be many, but I know my way around this site, I promise you.

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I am old enough and willing to see adult content. It is distasteful seeing those things posted here on CS, but I am fine seeing it, as I am over 18 years of age.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
A visit Chicken Smoothie whenever I can, so I am usually on 7 days a week, but possibly 5 or 6 if something big happens.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I spend between 2-4 hours on weekdays because of work, but on weekends I'm on from between 3-11 hours. But if something happens I will be online less.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I have moderated on only a few forums before. Both have been shut down due to lack of players, sadly. One was a Warrior Cats roleplay forum, and the other was like Chicken Smoothie, but without adoptable pets or the Oekaki.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I would love to be a Moderator on Chicken Smoothie for multiple reasons. For one, I love Chicken Smoothie and I would love to help out by keeping it safe. Also, when my baby is old enough, I would like him/her to be a part of this friendly community with me ( I have seen a few people who have their children on CS too, and I think it's so sweet ), and I want him/her to join a safe, bully-free place. I was bullied many times when I was in school, and it's a terrible feeling. I have seen some bullying here on Chicken Smoothie, and my heart just tears in half, remembering what I've been through and knowing how terrible it is to be in that position. But sympathy doesn't just go to the victum from me, but also to the bully themself. Though bullying is a terrible thing to do, studies show that most bullies come from troubled homes or they are made fun of themselves and they bully so they will not be bullied. It is never okay to take anything out on another person, though, and most of my sympathy for the bully is because they have a life in which what they do all day is cyberbully random people, trying to hurt others' feelings. However this is more of a hard sympathy, where I feel slightly bad for them, but I still disapprove and wouldn't 'coddle them.'

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
I can think of a few skills that I can bring to the position of Global Moderator. One of these things is my attitude. I am told that I am fair and just, that I am hard but not harsh. Whenever there is a fight that I may be able to solve, I first look on both sides of the argument to see who would be at fault if any. I would then try to see the problem from both sides way and see if their reasons were good and fair. Then if there was a punishment needed, I would try to find a punishment that fit the crime, and try to make the punishment fair. Another thing that I could bring to the position is my ability to speak other languages. I speak [almost] fluent French, I can speak a small bit of Spanish, and I'm alright at Swedish, though I usually stay away from the International Board.
Last edited by Swiftcloud on Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Swiftcloud, and I'm a young adult living in the United States. I am a fan of Warriors by Erin Hunter even though I am an adult. You may call me Swiftcloud, Swift, Cloud, or anything else! :3
I am pregnant, and my baby is due in just a few days. <3 It will be a surprise at the gender of my baby as neither I nor my husband wanted to see the gender. We have names picked out for both boy and girl.
Swiftcloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cydnezz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:20 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sep 07, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum?: 982

Without posting your age, are you old enough to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval?: Certainly. As an adult, it wouldn't shock me. And as a Mod, I'd be expecting it.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: Seven

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? 3-5, or occasionally more.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?: Yes, though I have closed most of them now, and others shouldn't be linked here. I do have one though, called LiterarySanctuary.

Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I have been on CS for a few years now and have watched it evolve. I have grown with it, and learned from the people here. My writing has gone from a few lines to multiple paragraphs, and as such I've dealt with many types of people. But I have noticed that the bigger CS gets, the more holes there are to fill in keeping up with the demands of so many users. Just the other day, Jadeghost flagged me for inappropriate language, but realized afterwards that I was not in fact, in the wrong.

I've been around for a long while, and know how everything works around here. I'm also very willing to learn, and accept when I am in fact wrong. I also screenshot everything before change or deleting anything so that I can put it back to normal, if the need arises, or just prove that what I said was correct.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I work at a place known as Bickford Cottage dealing with dementia patients. I help take care of these fragile, and often volatile residents. I provide general care, as well as mental support to help calm them down and make them feel safe when they don't know where or even who they are. I feel like because of this, it would be easier for me to keep my patience and stay neutral in the situations that could be presented to me as a Mod.
Cydnezz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Planet Karma » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:27 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: January 9, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6,776

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: Around 10 usually.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: No I haven't.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: I would like to help keep the site safe for younger children and make sure that everyone follows the rules. I have seen constant rule breaking and I don't like it. I do like to help with the mods on the site. I would be able to handle rudeness to me and would be calm. Since I have been here I have come a long way and wish to teach others too when to follow rules and have fun with the site. I believe the site wouldn't be any fun if rules weren't enforced. I do love Chickensmoothie very much and I would love to help take care of it.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required): I know my rarities quite well and am good at making sure everything I need to do gets done.[/list]
Planet Karma

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Visage The Necro'lic » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 pm

a small question
if I have already 18 I can send form to apply? I mean I have right 18.
Visage The Necro'lic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Naira » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Huskonoyd wrote:a small question
if I have already 18 I can send form to apply? I mean I have right 18.

Yep. As the First Post says, you have to be from 18+, not down that age. c:

If you need help with something on CS, you can use the help system OR ask me!

TradesCharactersNew dAArt Shop{closed}GRP Club!Helpful Guide
Naira wrote:I am a very friendly person, and I don't mind random PM's. I am a RolePlayer and a big Fantasy Art Fan, who loves animals! (And loves Disney villains)
Skully Custom Art, By Fitch <3...Custom Skully, by TheCalicoTabby
Naira

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geotalon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:07 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Nov 01, 2011

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 6,904

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I am old enough. I am also very willing to view adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day, unless I don't have internet available that day.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It's usually about 3-4 hours, sometimes way more. I like to come on to talk to people, so I'll sometimes spend the whole day chatting away. Sometimes I'm on CS, but I'll be on other tabs so I'm not always playing on it, although I am online.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? Yes, but unfortunately all the sites have closed down or are temporarily on hiatus due to monetary reasons. I was both an artist and a mod, so I spent a lot of time on the sites.
pkmns.com
salamander-island.com

Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Well, I'm on the site a lot as is, I think it would be nice to help it out where I can in any position I am able to do. I would just love to help, specially since I like to read a lost of forum posts, even if I don't always reply, so I'm usually browsing all sorts of topics.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I speak a little bit of French (I can at least understand most of it). I also don't care if I make enemies by dealing with them, even if I have to be the "bad guy". I have to deal with a lot of hate on DA and FA, but I don't care too much. I'm also very social, I love to talk to people, so I think that would be a good skill to have as a global mod.
geotalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me