GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby XxZostrichopathxX » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Hehe, you think you'll need moderators in 5 months ._. ?
Lucifer is my spirit animal, Castiel is my senpai and Moose is my waifu. (Inside my mind palace AU)
XxZostrichopathxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nadine » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:32 pm

XxZostrichopathxX wrote:Hehe, you think you'll need moderators in 5 months ._. ?

We don't know when we'll need more moderators, only Tess can determine when, and when she does, she'll put out another announcement.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

~Courageous~
discord: @captainnadine

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
cs rules | get help | free pets
dA | trades | about me

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
she/they isfj dog lover
hello, nadine here
i'm an artist who enjoys music
and other great things in life
feel free to pm me anytime!

🐉 🦌 🐼 🦠 💛
.✫*゚・゚。.☆.*。・゚✫*.
Nadine
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ratius » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:06 pm

I'd like to apply this time ^^ one question though, can moderator duties be carried out from a tablet or smartphone?

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) oct 2nd, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) this is my 803rd post ^^
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) yes and yes
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Hmm I calculate at least 2 hours daily, depending on the day it can be more or a little less
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: no
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I've always wanted to help the CS community somehow, an Internet site I enjoy very much and that has been one of my main things to do when I'm not studying. Now that I have more time available, I'd like to offer my time and service to help this great community however I can. I now I don't post much for being a 08 user, but I consider myself as a person of few words. I prefer to watch a lot rather than commenting but maybe not seeing much things ^^ of course I won't hesitate to post if it is necessary. I consider that a global moderator positions is the best way I can help CS, because these duties are the most knowledge I have from CS forums.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) my mother tongue is spanish, and I can speak Italian and understand french. I consider my self a patient person, and it's hard to make me angry. I'm prefer to take pacifist actions, I believe that more war is not the way to answering to war. I also don't mind carrying out repetitive or long jobs if dealing with spam and approving COPPA posts is considered monotonous sometimes. I'm always learning and of course take advice from more experienced or older users.

Thank you so much for this opportunity :D
ratius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sanara » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:58 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?
May 09, '09

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying)
8349 posts

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval
Yes, as I am able to deal with them in a mature manner as well

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
7 days a week

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I like to think that I never spend more then an hour or two off CS at any given time XD It makes me kind of finicky, so I usually always have the window open no matter what I'm doing

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Alas, I was a mod to another adoptable forum- which had died a few years back, and quite a few rping forums that my friends and I hosted, but it's been quite a time ago. I have moderated several chat boxes- which can get hectic when many people hop on (Significantly less then CS, but CS is much more organized than a chat box) and a few other things.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Embarrassing story to soon follow ::
Back when I was in middle school, I started my downward spiral of teen angst years. I felt alone, hurt, confused, and overall angry at the world. I was confined to my computer, not really having very many real life friends, and was going down the path of destruction. However, one day I found chickensmoothie, and learned that not everyone in the world was like that. Not everyone was a bully, or someone ready to poke fun at the turn of a back. CS was a place that I could be me, without having to worry if people were going to shoot me down. I felt loved here. Cared for. I found some of my greatest friends here (that I'm still friends with to this day) and I've realized that I was to give something back to the CS community. Something more then just art, or a story of growing up. I was to let the people of CS know I care- and the loudest voice I can reach at the moment is this opportunity to become a global mod.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Another long story for another long day; but yes, I've talked many a friend 'off the ledge' so to speak, and more then once. I've given friends guidance where they couldn't turn to anyone. I love doing things repetitively, much like someone with OCD, and it includes checking my mailbox even when I know I don't have mail, or checking my posts every few minutes. I have this problem with getting attached to people who need help, or ping random users who say they aren't having a good day, because I don't want people to feel bad. I'm slow to anger, and quick to forgive- and although this has lead to many-a-downfall, I can't help accepting when someone apologizes. I try to have respect for all players beliefs, and sometimes even throw in a joke or two to defuse the situation.
x
Sanny // They/Them
X
Sanara-Nara#6603
My Toyhouse.se
My Deviantart
Warrens Across Regions
x
Happy Pride, Y'all!
Sanara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KittyKat~ » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:40 pm

-What date did you register as a CS member? (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)

Saturday July 30, 2011 12:51 am

-How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)

I have made 7885 posts.

-Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)

Yes I am old enough, and I have absolutely no issues with any adult content.

-How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

I visit CS every day, unless there is an emergency situation.

-How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

My hours on CS vary, but I usually spend 5 hours+. I check CS whenever I have access to internet, whether it is on a computer or on mobile CS. It was only recently that I have been a bit busy but my schedule is back to steady.
Many times I spend half of the day- to -the whole day on here.

-Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

I have moderated a few times on this other site I played before I discovered CS, but I have no links to those forums anymore.

-Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

I have been on CS for quite some time now, and I have spent countless of hours on CS, which has become a site where I spend a majority of my days on. Over the course of my time here, I have noticed that quite a few forums could use a very good and frequent clean up. I understand that a few of the current global moderators have busy lives and can’t always tend to these situations, so I would love to help out with any service I can provide. There have been many situations where I have wanted to take matters into my own hands and deal with problems I see, but I am in no position to do that since mini-modding is not allowed in certain cases and it is suggested that we report the rule-breaking posts & spams instead, but there have been times where I pm individuals to bring certain things to their attention when they are breaking rules, and I enjoy helping out others when I can be of assistance.
I do not want this position for any personal benefits, popularity & etc (besides improving myself and learning new things). My motive is to help keep CS a clean and civilized site that others can enjoy with the least amount of problems as possible. Since I browse around a lot, I see many problems that I could easily help out and deal with on the spot instead of reporting it and bothering other mods with small problems that pile up their already-huge workload more. I also have a lot of spare time to do these Global Moderator tasks since I haven’t had much to do on CS anymore. I am usually refreshing my page hoping for something to pop up to occupy myself, but I end up wasting hours of doing nothing when I could be spending it by helping out with tasks, given the proper authority to do so.

-Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)

I am almost done my degree in administrative assistant (if that counts for anything I can bring to this site. xD) I know the crazy demands that may possibly come with this sort of position. Although that degree is for real life positions, I am sure it could apply to online sites just as well.
For Languages-- I understand and can somewhat write in French; I also know Vietnamese.
I have done countless of real-life leadership activities/tasks where I deal & work with peers, and have done many workshops that pertains to peer mediation etc. I also have a lot of younger siblings at home which has definitely helped me deal with patience when it is required of me. My part–time job as a waitress has also taught me a lot of skills about dealing with customer/people, and I aim to please and help out as much as I can^^
‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
I've been going through a lot of rl stuff so I will be mostly inactive. Thank you for understanding<3
Trying to get back into CS after a long time of being inactive with trading! Please be patient with me
‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡ ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
KittyKat~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schnuchi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:57 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 01/03/2011
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 3897

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes. I believe I've seen it all, and I am not the kind of person that can get shocked from seeing certain pictures.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Every day. But last week I went to Italy, so haven't been on for 5 days. But even then, I went online on my mobile phone, just to check everything.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Well, I usually visit CS a couple times a day, and around 15 minutes. Sometimes I make oekaki's and spend hours and hours on CS. There are times I spend more time on CS than on RL.. it's kind of disturbing.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. Not really. Only on retired forums.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
Because - that is the main reason - I truly love helping people. Of course I have to deal with angry people, and bad language, but the thing I want to do it for is the grateful thank you's. When I just started, I looked up to moderators, and I still do (to the oldies) and I really want to be what they were to the kind people of cs.
But I have many reasons to apply. Firstly, I want to improve my English. I don't speak or write in English on a regular day. That's a pity, it's a very important language, and I have to learn it properly. It's not that I can't write it , no, otherwise I wouldn't have applied in the first place. But improving it is very important to me.
Secondly, as I already visit CS frequently , it is a great part of my life and I would love to do something greater and better with the time I visit. Helping people, helping admins and mods, to keep CS clean.
I'm an responsible person that could take on this job. I am very patient (just ask anybody who knows me. That is why I am a pretty good animal trainer - if I set up a boundary, I will always keep away from it and respect it. Never will I do anything to break it. I am very strict.
Last, but not least: I am not easy to confince. No, of course I will do everything to keep everyone happy. But if you do something that I shouldn't allow, I won't allow it. Unless there is a very, very good reason to it, I really won't.
Enfin, I would really wish I could help here around.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I've been working for a company as costumer service for quite a long time. I have a lot of experience with dealing with other people's problems, and to calm other people down. The reason why I like to work there is because it gives me the opportunity to help people, but I gain experiences that could turn out very helpful in life. Other than that, I speak many languages, like Dutch, Russian, French, German, a little Swedish and Italian..
Schnuchi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby draft » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:54 am

i have a question
why do we gotta be 18 years old
draft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yoyce » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:56 am

Lunar wolf wrote:i have a question

Here's the answer ;)

Tess wrote:...are younger than 18. If you are 18+ but feel uncomfortable dealing with adult (R18) images or language then you should also not apply. Some of the duties of a moderator involve deleting spam from automated spambots, some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably have your birthdate on record.
After years of commitment to the site I was treated like a dirt, falsely accused and judged by almost everyone with no chance to explain. I do not see the point to stay here anymore, so it's a farewell!

Your life is important. Have a good one.

Contact the Raccoon Master:
>> FlightRising << >> deviantArt <<
Yoyce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby draft » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:58 am

Yoyce wrote:
Lunar wolf wrote:i have a question

Here's the answer ;)

Tess wrote:...are younger than 18. If you are 18+ but feel uncomfortable dealing with adult (R18) images or language then you should also not apply. Some of the duties of a moderator involve deleting spam from automated spambots, some of which post adult material and images. As it is your job to protect the rest of the site from viewing this content, it wouldn't be appropriate to give you the job if you're likely to be offended by that content. I'm not going to ask for your age, because we don't ask for/share that information on CS, but if you're a member from the US then we probably have your birthdate on record.

oh thanks

i wish i can skip years :lol:
draft

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Azuri » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:49 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: Aug. 2012
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 18730

3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes i am old enough to veiw these problems, I am an Animal Science major so I have seen graphic images in textbook and practice so I feel as if I can handle them on the web

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? every day

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It is hard to track, I usually have CS open in another window, but just CS I would have to say 7-9 hours

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before?
No i have not

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? Well, I think this would be a great experiance. It would provide me with the experiance of working with people in good and bad situations. This opertunity could be very benifical in the future as I hope to become a Vetrinarian. Any amount of people skills would be benifical in my field of study.

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
Well, I have taken a a few psychology and sociology courses during my freshman year of college, I can't say I completly understand how the mind works, but I feel as if I have a decent grasp on it. I also plan on directing my studies to Animal Behaivor. I believe that humans are animals and so the behavior can be pin pointed and reconized. I also am able to speak some Japanese, I am a bit rusty, but I took four years in High school
━━━ PLEASE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ON THESE ━━━
Hello, I am Azuri.
I pretty much just run the FR Chat.

Image Image
Image Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
LINKS
━━━━━━━
My FlightRising
Buying art
FR Sales